THE BROWNS BOARD

Bowl Mania 2018-19!

Zombo

I admit it. I suck at picking college games.

The time Dad and I won Bowl Mania, he picked every single one of em,

and WON.

The next year, I changed a few of em, and the ones I changed lost, except for one.

I wish Dad was still here.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Well coming down to the last game and nothing is decided yet.

Mathamatically anyone in the top 4 can still win this thing, the best #5 can do is 2nd place, so any regrets on a game or two missed out on now? :lol:

It's been fun!

Screenshot_2019-01-02-11-06-26.png

I control my own destiny. Win and I'm in.

Zombo

15 hours ago, Mark O said:

Who did you pick so I can root for the other team.

I'm sure the teams behind me would love for me to reveal my pick, but I will wait until Monday ...

Zombo

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

I'm sure the teams behind me would love for me to reveal my pick, but I will wait until Monday ...

Zombo

I prefer having Tour's pick. 

I can imagine all of you supporting me and my random picks only to be able to make fun of him ;) 

42 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Can't change them anyways at this point right?

Actually, you can. Still a little strategy involved for others. For me, I just have to pick the right team and I win.

Zombo

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

Actually, you can. Still a little strategy involved for others. For me, I just have to pick the right team and I win.

Zombo

That's ok.   I don't want Alabama to win anyways so its an easy choice for me not that it matters for the confidence points blow contest   :)

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

You forgot about the guy ahead of you lol.

Funny how this works. I didn't get any confidence points on my #1-4, and that may ultimately cost me. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

But I think I was the only one who picked Texas over the Georgia SECommies....so I have therefore declared myself champion, the greatest, like Muhammed Ali🙂

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

You forgot about the guy ahead of you lol.

Funny how this works. I didn't get any confidence points on my #1-4, and that may ultimately cost me. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

But I think I was the only one who picked Texas over the Georgia SECommies....so I have therefore declared myself champion, the greatest, like Muhammed Ali🙂

Yes, I don't believe you are affected by what team I pick as far as strategy is concerned. If I get the pick right, I surpass you no matter what, If I get the pick wrong, you stay ahead of me no matter what.

Gumby can pass you, win or lose on your part, if he picks the right team as well. He needs to pick the opposite team of me and hope I'm wrong.

Browns149 needs Me, you and Gumby to all be wrong while he is right..

I might go with Clemson just to mess everybody up who thinks I'm going Alabama ... they would be more fun to root for.

Zombo

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

Oh yeah last minute changes sure fire D'OH moment. :lol:

Like the old golf saying...... "study long, study wrong".  And yes just like a lottery ticket they're all winners right up to the drawing. GOOD LUCK all.

22 hours ago, Nero said:

I prefer having Tour's pick. 

I can imagine all of you supporting me and my random picks only to be able to make fun of him ;) 

Apparently it turns out I'm Spanish...

Who knew?

On 1/2/2019 at 9:21 AM, calfoxwc said:

I think next year I am going to flip a coin on every game.

Statistically should land you at 25% correct.

Sounds good to me!

On 1/2/2019 at 10:13 AM, mjp28 said:

Well coming down to the last game and nothing is decided yet.

Mathamatically anyone in the top 4 can still win this thing, the best #5 can do is 2nd place, so any regrets on a game or two missed out on now? :lol:

It's been fun!

With the top four potentially all finishing in the 520's this has to be the tightest finish ever.

Doink :o..Well played Bob, and all..took a different plan of attack this season. Let it all ride on the big one & refused to pick it to 7pm tonight. Felt good about the underdawg..Dabo's the better coach imo, maybe not the better QB.. but go Tigers. I got 33-31 tigers..  

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

Doink :o..Well played Bob, and all..took a different plan of attack this season. Let it all ride on the big one & refused to pick it to 7pm tonight. Felt good about the underdawg..Dabo's the better coach imo, maybe not the better QB.. but go Tigers. I got 33-31 tigers..  

Hoping youre right so Zombo or evil Alabama doesn't win.   Go Gumby.

Confidence points still blow

20 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Who does Gumby have?   I hope its Clemson because that's who I want to win and I don't want to root for Zombo.

Clemson for 40. Zombo took 'Bama for 36.

4 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I have Clemson angst lol....Woody Hayes got fired after snapping in the Gator Bowl vs Clemson, and Dabo had the Clemson band do a script 31-0 to mock tOSU....so I just can't root for those guys. 

I should have picked Iowa, but they look like the Steelers so nope lol.

2 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Woody Hayes got fired after snapping in the Gator Bowl vs Clemson, ...so I just can't root for those guys. 

Nobody ever like Woody..I miss that old Coot..He would have cleaned that kids clock all the way to the cleaners 🥊..that damm bama kicker got more doinks in him 🤞  

36 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Who does Gumby have?   I hope its Clemson because that's who I want to win and I don't want to root for Zombo.

GO CLEMSON!  1. Gumby 2. mjp

Screenshot_2019-01-07-21-14-55.png

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

maybe not the better QB

Should be enough to give Z grounds for a protest there...  ;)

Meanwhile I have to root for BAMA... ugh... in the 2nd half to avoid finishing behind the Spaniard. lol...

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Ugh!

Little voice kept telling me to switch to Clemson ... but I was too lazy to even log on today.

Ffffffff..  

Z

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Should be enough to give Z grounds for a protest there...  ;)

Meanwhile I have to root for BAMA... ugh... in the 2nd half to avoid finishing behind the Spaniard. lol...

For a freshman,Trevor has looked solid not shaky. Solid OL play on that beast DL helps too. All Trevor's WR's are freshman & solp. except they will  lose Renfrow. but man Dabo's got talent coming in next season too...Spaniard Nero? Well....I've never been to Spain?    So, He needs to find us a kicker..     cus, We already found a kid from Oklahoma :D  

32 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Ugh!

Little voice kept telling me to switch to Clemson ... but I was too lazy to even log on today.

Ffffffff..  

Z

Roll that Tiger! Rolled that Tide!  LaZy? ex-zaxlly why i waited till gameday to pick it..Add more 'had to" to your life ... nice run of winning games Z..

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Congrats, gum...

Guess I can't even qualify as a Spaniard... must mean I'm Portuguese...

LOL!

What have we learnt today? That if you make your picks completely random and with no clue (and no adjustments throughout the bowl season) you may not do well... But you can end up ahead of Tour!

Can't say I'm not pleased. Obrigado ;)

And congrats to Gumby and the top 8!

Congratulations Gumby on winning the bowl mania and BMagee for coming in second......and of course all of us losers for making it all possible. 

It was fun. ;)

Archived