THE BROWNS BOARD

Bowl Mania 2018-19!

Zombo

17 hours ago, mjp28 said:

WOW! A perfect 8 for 8 and in 7th place that's hard to do.......but it's early yet and Cal has all of his big points available, I still have 9 of 10.

Just getting interesting!!  ;)

It sure looks pretty - nine wins in a row. 1 through 9 points. LOL The upsets ya pick wrong with big points is what crashes you, though. Bowl Mania is the only way I pay attention to any bowl games at all - except for Ohio State, maybe the National Championship, depending on the match-up.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/18/2018 at 8:22 AM, mjp28 said:

So when do the real upsets begin? Probably before the Dec. 29 games get here.

I think the real upsets are about to start soon......and this is only my second year ever with con points but I think I'm getting the feel of it.

I was always a pointspread guy, W/L is so easy......right?  :lol:

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

Back on top.....Just feels better up here.   :)

FIU 28 TOL 25 late 4th......  (cue Jaws music?)   ;)

........edit, FIU 35 TOL 25 with 00:41 left.

In the 4 pm game I picked BYU and 31 but might be better off if they lose. I can live with that.  :)

Screenshot_2018-12-21-16-09-29.png

Cal now a perfect 12 for 12 amazing......and a big payday if you bet a 12 teamer. (but this was w/l and not spread, still a nice run)

10 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Cal now a perfect 12 for 12 amazing......and a big payday if you bet a 12 teamer.

not quite - #11 doesn't play til Dec 26th. But I like 11 wins, no losses so far.

I'd brag about it, but it's too easy to get your rear kicked eventually. LOL

My big upset pick with Louisiana Tech over Hawaii may be a big mistake, 75% pick Hawaii.

We'll see how it goes. LOL

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

not quite - #11 doesn't play til Dec 26th. But I like 11 wins, no losses so far.

I'd brag about it, but it's too easy to get your rear kicked eventually. LOL

My big upset pick with Louisiana Tech over Hawaii may be a big mistake, 75% pick Hawaii.

We'll see how it goes. LOL

You're right, the con points got me 12 is #11. The con points strategy really is kicking in now.

Saturday game 1, everybody but nero is on Memphis.....might be better for me at 18 if they lose but regardless the numbers might tighten up.

MSU 28 WF 17 second quarter....

Screenshot_2018-12-22-13-13-58.png

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Saturday game 1, everybody but nero is on Memphis.....might be better for me at 18 if they lose but regardless the numbers might tighten up.

MSU 28 WF 17 second quarter....

Screenshot_2018-12-22-13-13-58.png

Only if I knew who did I pick... 

dammit dammit dammit.

I had picked Wake Forest as a huge upset.

so, what do I do?

I get antsy, started thinking that only 15% picked Wake Forest, so I changed it to Memphis.

DAMMIT.

LOL LOL.

Lost my first game.

LOL !

12-1, still in sixth place.

lol.

dammit.

Well it looks like Memphis, Buffalo and my Rainbow Warriors screwed ALMOST everybody fairly equally so with 15 games in and the big 26 games left it is getting tighter.

The big thing now is points still available, good luck!  ;)

Screenshot_2018-12-23-09-50-20.png

Going into the Thursday 12/27 games things have sure tightened up.......and I got hosed by Cal in a wierd OT game with 9 INTs and only 2 TDs.

But a lot of con points still on the board.

Screenshot_2018-12-27-11-11-23.png

On 12/27/2018 at 11:23 AM, mjp28 said:

But a lot of con points still on the board.

Can i borrow some?;) the con point train is coming up from behind me full steam 🚂  1h8.gif  Con points suck!     

10 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Can i borrow some?;) the con point train is coming up from behind me full steam 🚂    Con points suck!     

Yeah and way to go Purdue one of my upset specials down 63-14 in the 4th.  :lol:

Note to self:

NEVER pick Vanderbuilt again, and West Virginia?

three or four players wouldn't play? as in, the QB? two wr's?

Left tackle?

and the backup qb is a  doofus?

egad. Wish I had known about that.

dammit.

lol.

22 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Note to self:

NEVER pick Vanderbuilt again, and West Virginia?

three or four players wouldn't play? as in, the QB? two wr's?

Left tackle?

and the backup qb is a  doofus?

egad. Wish I had known about that.

dammit.

lol.

Yeah, I was on the WV bandwagon too, I thought they had a great season.

I wasn't following closely either, had no idea Wil Grier was sitting. 

On 12/28/2018 at 4:32 PM, gumby73 said:

1h8.gif  Con points suck!     

Moving on to the grand daddy's of them all..Crazy competitive so far with all in..As of this point the scoreboard shows I was the lone Woof' of the Arkansas State Red Wolves for a mez'lee 9 points. (who? never watched a minute of them play) Nevada Woof' Pack comes back to win in Overtime for huge points for others.. Good Luck to all till finish & Happy New Year!! 🍾🎊

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Moving on to the grand daddy's of them all..Crazy competitive so far with all in..As of this point the scoreboard shows I was the lone Woof' of the Arkansas State Red Wolves for a mez'lee 9 points. (who? never watched a minute of them play) Nevada Woof' Pack comes back to win in Overtime for huge points for others.. Good Luck to all till finish & Happy New Year!! 🍾🎊

I'm a contender lol....1st time ever. I had doubts about Clemson vs ND but glad I didn't change that pick. 

Today's the big day...lots of points out there for guys behind me. So far so good on my big-confidence points games. I hope I don't "Derrick Anderception" down the stretch😲

I think next year I am going to flip a coin on every game.

GEORGIA???

I wonder how much of it relates to star players not playing to get ready for the draft.

that, and if they partied before they played the game.

Georgia. what the...

dammit.

lol

Cal, Georgia was full of themselves. I had a feeling (a 5 point feeling lol) that they'd lose.

They believed they belonged in the CFB playoff with 2 losses. So did Paul Finebaum, Todd Blackledge, Tim Brando....you know, the SEC rah rah guys...

Well, the best 3 teams they played all season kicked their @$$. 

Go away Bulldogs, just go away. You got totally stomped by a 4 loss Texas team.

Well coming down to the last game and nothing is decided yet.

Mathematically anyone in the top 4 can still win this thing, the best #5 can do is 2nd place, so any regrets on a game or two missed out on now? :lol:

It's been fun!

Screenshot_2019-01-02-11-06-26.png

Archived