THE BROWNS BOARD

More trauma for our young people.

Westside Steve

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

http://uschronicle.com/college-students-demand-counseling-traumatized-seeing-single-confederate-flag-laptop/

And before anybody wets his (or her) pants about a biased news source. Yeah, I know.

🤗

WSS

I would be happy if they paid me to counsel them in my library. I would use an old technique from behavior modification called "flooding". I make them stand and stare at my framed 9-piece collection of Confederate Currency and make them add up the totals backwards and forwards until the tears/anguish turn into outright laughter with the realization that the paper can't hurt them, especially since it's worth far more now than when issued. LOL!😍

a sign of snowflake times... demanding attention and protection, with the excuses getting more asinine all the time.

"If I cry, and be victimized, I get what I want"

stuck in kindergarten while attending college.

Oh wow, an article from a biased site taking parts of an event at one small university, throwing in a bunch of biased and leading language, in an attempt to get clicks from people that want to read articles that back up what they already believe while perpetuating an agenda. 

Shocked

But sure, this is how every university operates all of the time. So we can discredit academics. So we can discredit experts. So we can say snow means no climate change 

That's what is being attempted. 

Oh well

26 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh wow, an article from a biased site taking parts of an event at one small university, throwing in a bunch of biased and leading language, in an attempt to get clicks from people that want to read articles that back up what they already believe while perpetuating an agenda. 

Shocked

But sure, this is how every university operates all of the time. So we can discredit academics. So we can discredit experts. So we can say snow means no climate change 

That's what is being attempted. 

Oh well

Image result for baby crying gif

28 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Never do understand people defending traitors of our country. What county has killed more Americans than any other country in the world? Confederate States of America. 

Our heritage has been hijacked by haters who prolly could not even tell you who Thomas J. Jackson was or why he was nicknamed Old Blue Light.

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Our heritage has been hijacked by haters who prolly could not even tell you who Thomas J. Jackson was or why he was nicknamed Old Blue Light.

Where you probably don't even know who The United Daughters of the Confederacy were and how they are the reason you so proud of your traitors. I was also taught about the war of northern aggression, but I took some time, thought about it and it's bullshit rewriting of history. 

5 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Where you probably don't even know who The United Daughters of the Confederacy were and how they are the reason you so proud of your traitors. I was also taught about the war of northern aggression, but I took some time, thought about it and it's bullshit rewriting of history. 

LOL! And maybe it's because I happen to like history and have read a great deal about it on my own. Besides it was fun teasing my grandson in his US Grant Halloween costume this year. He was very proud of it so I informed him about the taking of Vicksburg and the most brilliant move in civil war history by crossing the Mississippi below Vicksburg, taking Jackson and attacking Vicksburg from the eastern land side. It's actually possible to be proud of how I am NOT a slave owner, an idea abhorrent to me, but not to some of my ancestors. It's just history and I have some relics (Confederate money) of that history given to me by my R.I. in-laws who had a collector in the family.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

All of the Confederate love is a pretty recent thing too

And it totally had nothing to do with race...

Lynyrd Skynyrd and that whole Avalanche of southern rock was about 1970. Nobody was outraged by their album covers or the Dukes of Hazzard until recently when some idiots said it was cool to freak out over it

WSS

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! And maybe it's because I happen to like history and have read a great deal about it on my own. Besides it was fun teasing my grandson in his US Grant Halloween costume this year. He was very proud of it so I informed him about the taking of Vicksburg and the most brilliant move in civil war history by crossing the Mississippi below Vicksburg, taking Jackson and attacking Vicksburg from the eastern land side. It's actually possible to be proud of how I am NOT a slave owner, an idea abhorrent to me, but not to some of my ancestors. It's just history and I have some relics (Confederate money) of that history given to me by my R.I. in-laws who had a collector in the family.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

My Great Great Grandaddy fought for the south out of North Carolina.    Not really, but if I'd had my way, he would have.

Funny thing is I actually did have a great grandfather who was in one of the last battles of the civil war. He was with a home guard Alabama unit and was captured at age 17 just as the war was ending. He was released at the end of the war shortly thereafter and made his way to Texas where he homesteaded fairly close to what is now the A&M campus. So I guess the song applies, but I'd rather we just beat 'em in football. LOL!

On 12/9/2018 at 12:07 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL I can be impressed with Nazi Germany Blitzkrieg tactics and how they were able to take over most of Europe. I don't see them as heroes or do I think they should be idolized. The south seceded to be able to keep on owning people. I'm sure you have read the secession letters, they don't leave a lot of room for debate. So keep on being proud of traitors to your nation, makes total sense.

Students at the Savannah College of Art and Design recently started a petition to remove Justice Clarence Thomas' name from a building on campus. But do they know why they're upset? Campus Reform Media Director Cabot Phillips finds out.

"I do like that they included other students with other views in order to balance out the video." 

30 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

LOL I can be impressed with Nazi Germany Blitzkrieg tactics and how they were able to take over most of Europe. I don't see them as heroes or do I think they should be idolized. The south seceded to be able to keep on owning people. I'm sure you have read the secession letters, they don't leave a lot of room for debate. So keep on being proud of traitors to your nation, makes total sense.

I have two favorite biographies from the civil war, mostly because of the absolute genius of them both. Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson and U.S. Grant. It makes no difference to me that one was from the south and the other was responsible for the wounding of my great, great uncle at Shiloh. It's that they were both far above the norm in the tactical and strategic moves they made. BTW the uncle survived because he was taken to the first ever forward battlefield surgical unit established by Grant's army. You can find a marker on the Shiloh battlefield. I looked for and found it because of the verbal history passed down through the family that this is why he survived being shot through both legs. Grant was one of those damn Yankees from Ohio.😂

BTW-the grandson who dressed as Grant for Halloween has asked for and is getting toy civil war soldiers & cannons from his grandmother & me for Xmas He loves history too, but would not be caught dead with a Confederate flag. 🤩

53 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I have two favorite biographies from the civil war, mostly because of the absolute genius of them both. Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson and U.S. Grant. It makes no difference to me that one was from the south and the other was responsible for the wounding of my great, great uncle at Shiloh. It's that they were both far above the norm in the tactical and strategic moves they made. BTW the uncle survived because he was taken to the first ever forward battlefield surgical unit established by Grant's army. You can find a marker on the Shiloh battlefield. I looked for and found it because of the verbal history passed down through the family that this is why he survived being shot through both legs. Grant was one of those damn Yankees from Ohio.😂

BTW-the grandson who dressed as Grant for Halloween has asked for and is getting toy civil war soldiers & cannons from his grandmother & me for Xmas He loves history too, but would not be caught dead with a Confederate flag. 🤩

If you like geniuses you should read up on Genghis Khan. Yes, he was a ruthless, but there always seemed to be sound reasoning behind the killing. And a lot of killing was exaggerated and purposely spread to discourage future problems. I don't think he was any worse than Alexander, he just scared the shit of out the people who ended up writing a lot of our history.

4 hours ago, cccjwh said:

If you like geniuses you should read up on Genghis Khan. Yes, he was a ruthless, but there always seemed to be sound reasoning behind the killing. And a lot of killing was exaggerated and purposely spread to discourage future problems. I don't think he was any worse than Alexander, he just scared the shit of out the people who ended up writing a lot of our history.

That would be Sherman's March to the Sea. Scorched earth policy. Another Ohioan.🤣

On 12/9/2018 at 12:08 PM, cccjwh said:

Never do understand people defending traitors of our country. What county has killed more Americans than any other country in the world? Confederate States of America. 

How many Confederates were executed as traitors?

Also liberals seem to misremember thar this country was born out of treason. 

16 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Sack of Baghdad 1258.

Murder of between 250,000 - 1,000,000 in one week. Near total rape and annihilation of the civilian citizenry. Completely fucked any progress the middle East had made. Ramifications still being felt today. 

Yeah, no, the Mongols were cool guys. 

On 12/9/2018 at 12:08 PM, cccjwh said:

Unless of course it's George Washington.

But I would bet dollars to dog turds that it never bothered you before the stupid left-wing Democrats started screeching about it.

WSS

Archived