THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Panthers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Bengals just lost to the Chargers, which means....

THE BROWNS ARE NOT IN LAST PLACE! 

I'm so happy for the few Browns players who have been on the team for somewhat of an extended run. They deserve to enjoy this. 

That's because the Bengals have Hue Jackson helping them, the worst coach in NFL history.

With Hue coaching, we very well could've lost this game. Thank god he's gone. It's a blessing. Thank you Haley for helping with the Hue firing.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Nothing like a dude getting taken down by the face mask and getting called for a mediocre hold instead. Obvious what they're looking for today.

Oh and a couple phantom holding calls, and being at the game that PI looked like total BS.   

8 hours ago, Tacosman said:

look at landry.....holding the damn ball with one hand in traffic.....I knew that was a crap signing

And if you think that was a crap signing, you're full of crap. Jarvis = one of the primary reasons we won today. Hands of stone Coleman would have dropped that TD pass....   

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

Playing .600 ball since the coaching change...... or what Hue would call, impossible. 

If, if, if- we can win the next two (certainly possible) it's going to be pretty difficult to switch coaches...   

PS- If you're wondering why I'm late chiming in- it's a 3 hour drive for me back home, and I had to take a detour to run an errand for the wife before I left Cleveland...  

PPS- stick that one up your tailpipe Cow-bell....  How many vet QBs could have made some of those throws? Damn few. 

Very nice game by our Brownies.

I saw something in us I had not detected throughout a complete game for a very long time... confidence.

We played 4 quarters like we knew we were the better team on the field... and we were... not by a lot, but by enough.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

And if you think that was a crap signing, you're full of crap. Jarvis = one of the primary reasons we won today. Hands of stone Coleman would have dropped that TD pass....   

Landry is top shelf. If we add a big sky WR, look out. He guy is impressive and he gives it everything, He was born to be a Brownie.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I saw something in us I had not detected throughout a complete game for a very long time... confidence.

We played 4 quarters like we knew we were the better team on the field... and we were... not by a lot, but by enough.

They had confidence against the Bengals. To me the impressive thing is that we made a lot of mistakes, and pulled together to win in spite of it. I think that transcends confidence and flows into the character column.

1 minute ago, Ghoolie said:

They had confidence against the Bengals. To me the impressive thing is that we made a lot of mistakes, and pulled together to win in spite of it. I think that transcends confidence and flows into the character column.

I can't believe the season is almost done...  But yeah... Landry has proved his worth,,, a real keeper in my view... We need a physical game breaker type....

1 minute ago, nickers said:

I can't believe the season is almost done...  But yeah... Landry has proved his worth,,, a real keeper in my view... We need a physical game breaker type....

Time passes far too fast my brother.

If, if, if- we can win the next two (certainly possible) it's going to be pretty difficult to switch coaches...   

PS- If you're wondering why I'm late chiming in- it's a 3 hour drive for me back home, and I had to take a detour to run an errand for the wife before I left Cleveland...  

PPS- stick that one up your tailpipe Cow-bell....  How many vet QBs could have made some of those throws? Damn few. 

I don't see how you hire another head coach or OC at this point. These guys rock. Mayfield is the tits. He's no Paxton Lynch, but he is still very good.

9 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I don't see how you hire another head coach or OC at this point. These guys rock. Mayfield is the tits. He's no Paxton Lynch, but he is still very good.

Paxton Lynch will be doing time behind bars.. Forget about that loser.. He ain't got nothing on Baker...

Random Observations from yesterday:

Did Duke Johnson look really slow? I noticed Hilliard took over third down duties later in the game.

Luke Kuechly is the best MLB I have seen a long time, and one of the best football players I have seen all year.

Myles Garrett is a lion.

Avery is a big beast of a linebacker in the Pittsburgh/New England tradition of LBs .. Dorsey stole one under their noses.

Mayfield is good at football.

Zombo

The running game was not efficient against Carolina. Holes were not there for long. (Duke had a personal matter on his mind as well)

Breshad Perriman cited the energy of this team as a reason why he can come out and just play football. Great story for a player who didn’t work out after being selected in the first round.

Baker is THE MAN

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I dunno. I guess l can only speak for me personally, but the sense of impending doom that seemed to be ever present at every Browns game for a long long time has dissipated for me.

Sure, we lost to the Texans, but that was just a “we got beat by the better team” thing for me. 

1 minute ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I dunno. I guess l can only speak for me personally, but the sense of impending doom that seemed to be ever present at every Browns game for a long long time has dissipated for me.

Sure, we lost to the Texans, but that was just a “we got beat by the better team” thing for me. 

I get that big time. What about this week? I mean the butteeth seem to have our number. That place is a true black hole when it comes to the Browns winning. Sure would be nice to see that change. Hell, I’ll start believing in Santa Claus again🎅🏻

12 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I hate to be redundant, but I will say it again, if Haslam gets rid of Kitchens and Williams, then he should be hung in effigy....and kicked in the nutsack. THIS is what we have waited for.

Ghoolie, I was BLOWN AWAY by the Jarvis touchdown run by the goal line, and then blown away AGAIN when we ran it again on 3rd and 2.  We've been the victim of far too many WR runs, and I've been jealous of other teams that incorporate WR runs and other misdirection plays.  That play near the goal line was perfectly designed AND executed.  Joel Bitonio was literally about to CRUSH that DB if he even tried to tackle Landry.  Like, Bitonio was coming full steam ahead, and the DB wanted NONE of it.  LMAO

How about staying aggressive with the pass at the end of the game?  I mean, that pass to Perriman was NOT easy, and while he ran out of bounds due to momentum, it still gave us the opportunity to take off some clock AND provide us with some breathing room.  Not only that, we threw the ball AGAIN on the short pass to Chubb, and honestly, that play SHOULD HAVE WORKED for at least 10 yards, but it only got a couple because the Panthers have Luke Keuchly, who obviously isn't human.  Teams almost always sell out on the run there, but somehow Keuchly was ready for it, LOL.  But still, you see the aggressiveness.  We weren't just going to line up 3 times in a row off-tackle.  Kitchens has the edge, I can see it.  

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I get that big time. What about this week? I mean the butteeth seem to have our number. That place is a true black hole when it comes to the Browns winning. Sure would be nice to see that change. Hell, I’ll start believing in Santa Claus again🎅🏻

I wouldn’t be surprised if we win that game, and the next 2 after that. I guess that’s all it is for me, the sense of doom and gloom has been replaced by an optimistic “let’s see what happens.” A big step up from past seasons.

47 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Nothing better than a victory on Sunday for the dawgs!

Mayfield was exceptional. That throw to Landry is why we took him #1

Pizza, cheeseteaks, jamming out with some buddies while watching the game.

Not a bad way to spend a Sunday!

I got to watch the game with my Pops and we had a blast.  I didn't get to chat too much in the Tavern and I definitely missed you guys, but it was a very fun day.  I loved how we won a game that had multiple costly mistakes by us in it.  We didn't let the mistakes kill us, and we kept fighting.  The defense shut it down in the second half, and we kept trucking.  We were down by 3 points and we went down the field and grabbed the lead.  How freaking cool is that?  I loved overcoming the inexecusable mess-ups.  The Higgins fumble, the AWFUL Landry fumble, the inexplicable Higgins drop that probably would've went for a freaking TD (we settled for FG).  I tell ya, that throw Mayfield made to Higgins that he dropped....man...that thing was a freaking DART.  Can't believe Higgins dropped that.  To be fair, Higgins somehow caught the 3rd and 9 pass with a guy all over him...that was great.  But still...let's work on ridding the awful mistakes, and play even better this week.  We're having too many fumbles, and we need to secure the ball.  

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

speaking of confidence when baker rolls out lets say on a third down when was the last time anyone felt  confident that we would get a first down it's fucking awesome i tell ya

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Well we've only beaten one top 15 scoring defense this season and Denver currently lists as #9. 

Game is going to boil down to generating turnovers,  slowing down edge pressure and affecting Case for field position.   Do that and we have a shot. 

Let's not forget the Broncos have a pretty good running back in Phillip Lindsay either. #4 in rushing yards, better than McCaffery, who we didn't exactly slow down yesterday.

12 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I think we thought we were the better team starting out against the Bagels only to have that belief shaken as Cinci came back behind their backup QB.

Sunday was the first time I saw our knowledge that we were the better team wire-to-wire.

Let's not forget the Broncos have a pretty good running back in Phillip Lindsay either. #4 in rushing yards, better than McCaffery, who we didn't exactly slow down yesterday.

I'm not entirely sure Lindsay is as versatile as CmC but they're compared players and yes, we struggled at times to contain that.    

As I posted elsewhere... McCaffery broke one run for 25 yards and was still held to 63-yd total on 16 carries. I think that qualifies as slowing...

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

As I posted elsewhere... McCaffery broke one run for 25 yards and was still held to 63-yd total on 16 carries. I think that qualifies as slowing...

Couple TDs though Tour. The one on the opening drive was worrisome in regards to our run D. He was barely touched...  

Archived