THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Panthers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! And what a goal line stand we had!!

Omg, what a game. This felt like the exact kind of game that we would've lost the past few years, ya know? The missed extra point (after making the first one, lol), the two awful fumbles (Wtf), then having a 6 point lead with the opposition driving? Just unbelievable. Learning how to win ugly is so important in the NFL. Things won't always go your way, but can you come together as a team and make JUST enough plays to win? Yes, yes we can. 

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Guys it was a dead ball. Kicking for the try there with a chip shot was objectively the right call. It's a pisser they changed the rule on that though.

Offsides is not a dead ball penalty so I still don't get it. And what did they go ask Gregg Williams?

21 minutes ago, hish747 said:

Offsides is not a dead ball penalty so I still don't get it. And what did they go ask Gregg Williams?

It was offsides - unabated to the kicker.... they just didn't announce it. Any time the ref feels the QB or kicker is in danger, they will blow it dead. 

38 minutes ago, hish747 said:

Honestly man not trying to be a dick but read up on the rules. They changed that years ago. That is a dead ball pre-snap penalty in that situation.

The Bengals just lost to the Chargers, which means....

THE BROWNS ARE NOT IN LAST PLACE! 

I'm so happy for the few Browns players who have been on the team for somewhat of an extended run. They deserve to enjoy this. 

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

It was offsides - unabated to the kicker.... they just didn't announce it. Any time the ref feels the QB or kicker is in danger, they will blow it dead. 

Ah, that explains it. I thought they called offside and not neutral zone infraction/unabated. Thank you for clarifying.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Bengals just lost to the Chargers, which means....

THE BROWNS ARE NOT IN LAST PLACE! 

I'm so happy for the few Browns players who have been on the team for somewhat of an extended run. They deserve to enjoy this. 

I guarantee you the last few years in WEEK 14 we were NOT doing this:

Screenshot_2018-12-09-20-33-25.png

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

Playing .600 ball since the coaching change...... or what Hue would call, impossible. 

And I'm thinking the Broncos game is one of those franchise changing wins if we can pull it off in Denver.

How nice has Breshad Perriman been for us? That was NOT an easy catch by any measure on the first play of the game, and then to haul that catch in late in the 4th? Yes sir. I'm happy for the guy. I'm not saying that we still don't need WR help, but this guy is coming back next year, I can promise you that. He blocks down field, hustles his butt off, says all the right things, genuinely understands what a blessing it is to play NFL football. And I'm not sure there isn't more he can give, either. He certainly has "the look" out there. 

I'm telling you now, I'm not so sure we can get rid of Freddie Kitchens. This offense is fresh, exciting, and attacking. We also don't zero in on any one player to carry the load, so we're difficult to plan against. Sure Landry is a focal point, but we don't force to him anymore. Kitchens isn't afraid to try new things, different formations, whatever might give an edge. My one complaint is the lack of Duke Johnson, but we'll figure it out. I don't expect to win the last 3 games, I really don't, but if the offense keeps looking strong, and Baker keeps improving, I'm just not sure you can let Kitchens go. 

On a side note, Baker's accuracy is stupid amazing. It's not something you see all the time. He can truly spin it. 

There are some important takeaways, in my opinion....................

1) This team has a solid, workable talent base now. The real challenge for Dorsey and company now is to make good, educated choices about the few players who show signs of real contribution but who are holding the team back because of mistakes. Higgins and Peppers for instance. 

2) I hate run-first QBs. I mentioned that you need to blitz these QBs because they cannot beat you running, and they can't beat you with their arm. Now, I am NOT saying a guy like Cam is not going to hurt you with his running and on occasion make a great play with his legs. That would be a stupid assumption. However, day-in and day-out the way to make a Tarkenton fall apart is to cause a bunch of his passes to be made under pressure.  You saw it today, at the end of the game Williams went after Newton, AND in true Tarkenton fashion, he threw garbage, lost the game and we intercepted. For this reason, I LOVE Greg Williams. Garrett is impressing, but forget another edge rusher, we don't need it. We need one of those - Brenston Buckner_ type Defensive tackles to fahk up the interior of the opposing OL. We get that and Williams will absolutely have us feating on opposing QBS.

Takeaway - PLEASE HASLAM, DO NOT FAHK THIS UP....DO NOT DISRUPT THIS MOMENTUM. THIS....IS YOUR REBUILD. THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR. There is no candidate out there who is a better HC prospect than Greg Williams. These players play for the guy. WILLIAMS IS THE GUY.  Kichens? How do you not love this tricky, inventive, aggressive bastard?

3) As smart as we are, reading our posts during the game shows just what emotional knuckleheads we are. Seriously, during this game we must have hired, fired, and rehired the entire team.

Two weeks ago was a great win because we banged on all cylinders. I think this one is even better because we made a crap-load of mistakes and overcame them. Goal line stand, eat some clock before punting, and then an int? This was a win founded in persistence, character and some agressive...." UH UH...AZZHOLEs..............THIS IS OUR GAME.....GTFOOH   WE WIN.

THings to fix, but a hell of a lot to hold on to. Great win.

6 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

How nice has Breshad Perriman been for us? That was NOT an easy catch by any measure on the first play of the game, and then to haul that catch in late in the 4th? Yes sir. I'm happy for the guy. I'm not saying that we still don't need WR help, but this guy is coming back next year, I can promise you that. He blocks down field, hustles his butt off, says all the right things, genuinely understands what a blessing it is to play NFL football. And I'm not sure there isn't more he can give, either. He certainly has "the look" out there. 

I'm telling you now, I'm not so sure we can get rid of Freddie Kitchens. This offense is fresh, exciting, and attacking. We also don't zero in on any one player to carry the load, so we're difficult to plan against. Sure Landry is a focal point, but we don't force to him anymore. Kitchens isn't afraid to try new things, different formations, whatever might give an edge. My one complaint is the lack of Duke Johnson, but we'll figure it out. I don't expect to win the last 3 games, I really don't, but if the offense keeps looking strong, and Baker keeps improving, I'm just not sure you can let Kitchens go. 

On a side note, Baker's accuracy is stupid amazing. It's not something you see all the time. He can truly spin it. 

I hate to be redundant, but I will say it again, if Haslam gets rid of Kitchens and Williams, then he should be hung in effigy....and kicked in the nutsack. THIS is what we have waited for.

18 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

THings to fix, but a hell of a lot to hold on to. Great win.

Yup.  Great win.

One thing I like about Baker is, if a play breaks down and he has to get out of the pocket, he looks to pass, NOT to RUN.  And if there's nothing open underneath (that he can see) then he'll go for the Looong one.  What the heck?  Could be incomplete, could be intercepted (perhaps like a punt), but it could be complete and there could be a pass interference.

I'm so proud of the way the team has responded after losing a HC and an OC.  It certainly looks like the team has jettisoned the anchors that were holding the team back.  Perception is reality, as they say.

Archived