THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Panthers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans!   Our 4-7-1 Cleveland Browns host he 6-6 Carolina Panthers at First Enegy Stadium,  in their final NFC South interdivisional game of the year, and both teams sixth all-time regular season meeting.

Cleveland has so far only one regular season game at Charlotte since the Panthers entered the NFL back in 1995.  Panthers leads the all-time regular season series 4 games to 1, the Browns only  win in the  rivalry,  a 24-23 win back in First Energy Field back on November 28, 2010. Phil Dawson kicked his game-winning 41-yard field goal, with 2:42 remaining in the fourth quarter, to help the Browns edge the Panthers 24-23 at First Energy Stadium, back on November 28, 2010.

\Carolina through won the last regular season meeting, defeating Cleveland 17-13 back on December 21, 2014.  Cam Newton threw the game-winning 9 yard passing touchdown to Jonathan Stewart with 7:13 remaining in the fourth quarter.

Cleveland   also has yet to win a regular season road game at Carolina but should get their next opportunity when they play at Charlotte in both teams next regular season meeting in 2022.

Sunny and clear skies at 31 degrees, feels like 28 degrees, is the local game forecast inside the FirstEnergy Stadium next to the Lake Erie lakefront.  for the 1:05 PM Eastern Standard Time game, along with 0% precipitation, 55% humidity, and 3 miles per hour winds.

Head Linesman Walt Anderson will leads the NFL officiating crew to supervise the field action between the Browns And Panthers.

Browns, Panthers, and NFL players league wide may voluntarily  continue to wear their custom designed Nike football cleats on the field in their games throughout December to represent and support their individual charities and causes, 

NO injuries, win for second game in Caroina's first regular season visit in Cleveland in eight years, 'win in front of your loyal Browns fans especially from the east end zone of First Energy at the Dawg Pound , and LET'S GO CLEVELAND!!!   HERE WE GO BROWN-NIES,! HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! BELIEVELAND!!!!

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018120902/2018/REG14/Panthers@Browns#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report

https://www.panthers.com/team/injury-report

https://www.506sports.com

https://www.nfl.com/mycausemycleats

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Today is Baker's introduction to real, honest-to-god Cleveland football weather on the lakefront. 

Dang it to heck. Forecast was looking perfect just the other day. Ugh. Well, wait a minute. I just checked the weather and it says mostly clear. Hmmmmm. I myself HATE bad weather games, so I'm hoping for clear and cold! 

Great Googly Moogly! DLN.gif  6hto.gif                                   I've got at least 6 inches of white fluffy snow at my back door in NC..Finally no freezing rain, at least yet. Already have redneck Panthers fans at my house & they came with booze & food..Our Defensive Front finally has to show up today. Which means our LB'er could win this game tackling instead of our DB's making most of them..Baker will need to throw for over 300 yards in this one. Chubb runs for one & Baker throws for 2 TD's..Browns 24  Kimmy's black Kitties 21 (the wife would leave me for Luke or McCaffery any day..Her jersey choice of today? McCaffery..My only jersey answer..C H u B B!!      Lets Go Browns!! 

10 hours ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

NO injuries, win for second game in Caroina's first regular season visit in Cleveland in eight years, 'win in front of your loyal Browns fans especially from the east end zone of First Energy at the Dawg Pound , and LET'S GO CLEVELAND!!!   HERE WE GO BROWN-NIES,! HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! BELIEVELAND!!!!

I really want to see our defense step it up today. I felt like they couldn't get off the field last game, and while they did an admirable job of forcing FG's, they allowed Houston to drain way too much of the clock. We need to own 3rd down today, keep McCaffery in check, and get back to forcing turnovers. We do that, and I honestly think the offense will take care of itself. We have to avoid the early deficit so we can get back to leaning on the ground game, even if Carolina is stout against the rush. 

Don't buy into this nonsense about Cam being injured and not playing well. He didn't throw 4 picks because of a sore shoulder last week, he threw them because he was forcing the ball. You can expect about 75 targets to McCaffery today, and we will be tested against our age-old nemesis....the SCREEN PASS! (DUN-DUN-DUNNNNN!) Norv Turner is the master of screens, and he'll also use Cam in QB draws and other designed runs, regardless of shoulder problems. 

The bottom line to this game is to NOT get down early so we can keep pounding the rock. Eventually Chubbinator will break one off and we'll break them. I also really feel like we're going to finally get our first defensive touchdown. It's time. (Jamie Collins...I'm looking at YOU) 

We're not going to blow them out, but I do think we win for the home crowd. Browns win by about 7. 

Oh, one more thing. This game is important for many reasons, but perhaps most of all it will show us how we stack up. We've played three extremely good teams (Chiefs, Bolts, Texans) and all three pounded us to pieces. (well the Saints are quite strong and we should have won, but whatever) OK, fine...we're not among the best teams in the league, I think we knew that. However, now we're playing a team that's lost 4 straight and appears to be in a state of disarray. Once proudly sitting at 6-2, the Panthers now languish at 6-6, fighting for their playoff lives. Can we step on the throat of a struggling team while we are at home? Can we harness that crowd energy and make the big plays we've so desperately needed? Can our defense set the edge this week and stop giving up loads of ground yards? McCaffery is no joke, and he WILL go to the house on you. This team has been mostly competitive, but they're struggling. I'm interested to see how we respond to getting our butts kicked, and then how we look against a fledgling opponent. 

36 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Great Googly Moogly!  I've got at least 6 inches of white fluffy snow at my back door in NC..Finally no freezing rain, at least yet. Already have redneck Panthers fans at my house & they came with booze & food..Our Defensive Front finally has to show up today. Which means our LB'er could win this game tackling instead of our DB's making most of them..Baker will need to throw for over 300 yards in this one. Chubb runs for one & Baker throws for 2 TD's..Browns 24  Kimmy's black Kitties 21 (the wife would leave me for Luke or McCaffery any day..Her jersey choice of today? McCaffery..My only jersey answer..C H u B B!!      Lets Go Browns!! 

6" of snow in North Carolina? they haven't shut the state down yet? 

Currently a nice clear and brisk 23 degrees for tailgating here in 'The Land, and a predicted high of around 32. Heading down to The Lot soon.  

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Today is Baker's introduction to real, honest-to-god Cleveland football weather on the lakefront. 

Sunny and clear skies , thus far...

It is only 43° here in Lafayette Louisiana where I am spending my final day of touring around the pelican State. Tonight back in Houston for tomorrow’s plane ride home. Hopefully the Browns have better luck today than they did when I went to the game last Sunday 

26 minutes ago, nickers said:

Sunny and clear skies , thus far...

But pretty cold. 

The big thing considering playing on the lakefront is the wind, though. Doesn't seem like the wind will be a factor today. 

46 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It is only 43° here in Lafayette Louisiana where I am spending my final day of touring around the pelican State. Tonight back in Houston for tomorrow’s plane ride home. Hopefully the Browns have better luck today than they did when I went to the game last Sunday 

Fried crawfish tails, shrimp creole and dirty rice. Nuff said.

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Great Googly Moogly! DLN.gif  6hto.gif                                   I've got at least 6 inches of white fluffy snow at my back door in NC..Finally no freezing rain, at least yet. Already have redneck Panthers fans at my house & they came with booze & food..Our Defensive Front finally has to show up today. Which means our LB'er could win this game tackling instead of our DB's making most of them..Baker will need to throw for over 300 yards in this one. Chubb runs for one & Baker throws for 2 TD's..Browns 24  Kimmy's black Kitties 21 (the wife would leave me for Luke or McCaffery any day..Her jersey choice of today? McCaffery..My only jersey answer..C H u B B!!      Lets Go Browns!! 

That’s about as rare as a Browns win in December. I think we win this one

Discipline and no real pressure on Cam.Newton are my early observations. We just don't.seem.to have the polish that the better teams have.

Archived