THE BROWNS BOARD

Titans Finally Catching On

TexasAg1969

Saw almost all of that game... True, some impressive running by Henry. Also some atrocious tackling by the Jags. Looks like they quit.  Did have to look it up. Single game record is 296 yards, so that wasn't in jeopardy of getting broken. 

PS- Kessler looked terrible....  

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Saw almost all of that game... True, some impressive running by Henry. Also some atrocious tackling by the Jags. Looks like they quit.  Did have to look it up. Single game record is 296 yards, so that wasn't in jeopardy of getting broken. 

Yes, later they did give up. But this was early in the game. This run was a Jim Brown/Bo Jackson worthy moment. Power, speed & determination to remain in bounds.

And Keesler looked like a "trust me" pick.😂

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Had the game on while doing other things Kessler looked ok at times -or- like he was getting hit by a truck....a couple good ones, ouch.

93rd pick in the draft and on the 2016 & 2017 CLE teams, I wonder what he'd do on a good team?

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

There was 20 minutes left in the game and he was at 220. They just dialed it back. 

I'm surprised how far Jax has fallen. Just goes to show you how there's not a ton of separation from 10-6 and an attempted AFC Title to the outhouse.

Maybe teams have been ultra motivated to face them, after Jalen Ramsey's trash talking GQ article. 

And for those who tried to tell me that Henry was too slow during the draft season, here is the "shorter" 54 yd TD that displays moves, change of direction and pure deceptive speed. Just watch him run around the CB and then sprint by the rest of the defense. If that doesn't remind you of Eric Dickerson, then nothing will. Start at the 1:55 mark. Or watch the whole tape which is every run he made for the game.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Where has Henry been the last three years or however long it’s been in the league

He was stuck with a now fired stupid coach. The new one is finally catching on that to win with a big horse you have to ride him the whole game while he wears down the will of a defense to stop him. That is exactly what happened in this game. On the shorter 20 yd or so TD the last 3 guys inside the 5 just backed off the tackle, knowing  they could not stop him and they might get hurt if they tried. Look at thee 1:21 mark in the video. Expect to see him a lot more the rest of their season. He actually has good hands too, something the Giants know about Barkley that I'm not sure the Titans know yet about Henry.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

lol...

Only had to wait close to 3 years to get one game to crow about...

Still too slow, Ag...

Your memory is slipping. There was another last year I posted somewhere.  LOL

Go watch the 54 yard one if you think he's slow. 1:55 mark.

On 12/8/2018 at 5:10 PM, The Gipper said:

We shall see. one or two good games doesnot a pro bowler make

That’s what I was thinking reading this thread. He’s had a lot of opportunity from what I’ve seen. I’ve been wrong a few times before though. Definitely wrong on Barkley. I’ll just have to own that one. 

1 hour ago, Comeonman said:

That’s what I was thinking reading this thread. He’s had a lot of opportunity from what I’ve seen. I’ve been wrong a few times before though. Definitely wrong on Barkley. I’ll just have to own that one. 

I thought Saquon would be good, but not this good this fast. Anyone still think we should have taken him over Baker? The Giants are still going to need a replacement for Eli, in a supposedly weaker 2019 QB class. LOL, finally, something the Browns won't have to worry about in April.

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

I thought Saquon would be good, but not this good this fast. Anyone still think we should have taken him over Baker? The Giants are still going to need a replacement for Eli, in a supposedly weaker 2019 QB class. LOL, finally, something the Browns won't have to worry about in April.

No. 

I do not regret for a second passing on Barkley, and I never doubted he'd be good in the NFL. 

The Giants should have never passed on Darnold. 

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

I won’t know what to think when QB is not our first priority in the draft. 

We may need a backup QB... :)

As for Barkley... we absolutely got it right.

NYG? Tougher call... I can't criticize their thinking. When they've built around Eli before he's won SBs. When they neglected the O and went D crazy, they went in the shitter. He's still young enough and apparently interested enough to stay for one more push, and a run game was key to that rebuild. More OL work plus a TE and they can compete for the NFCE.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

We may need a backup QB... :)

As for Barkley... we absolutely got it right.

NYG? Tougher call... I can't criticize their thinking. When they've built around Eli before he's won SBs. When they neglected the O and went D crazy, they went in the shitter. He's still young enough and apparently interested enough to stay for one more push, and a run game was key to that rebuild. More OL work plus a TE and they can compete for the NFCE.

That's one thing we've been very good at Tour. Drafting backup quarterbacks. 

Regarding Manning, he's 37, and running out of time. I can't see them competing with the Cowboys or a healthy Eagles team, and certainly not with the Rams.

On 12/11/2018 at 1:50 PM, Unsympathetic said:

Eli isn't running out of time.. he ran out about 2 seasons ago

Yet strangely he's having a career year completing over 2/3rds of his passes...

On 12/9/2018 at 11:46 AM, Tour2ma said:

lol...

Only had to wait close to 3 years to get one game to crow about...

Still too slow, Ag...

And only had to wait another week now that they have "discovered" what they had all along. 170 yds and two TDs today for Henry in a 17-0 win over the Giants. Go to the 1:49 mark.

Archived