THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Fines Zeke Elliot for Thanksgiving game celebration

Mark O

This is a league that knows about the things Kareem Hunt did in the offseason but does nothing about it.   But a guy tossing $21 dollars in a salvation army kettle and putting a teammate in it as well later merits a $13k fine??  

Who the fuck makes that kind of decision?   Complete morons in charge of this league.

22 minutes ago, Mark O said:

This is a league that knows about the things Kareem Hunt did in the offseason but does nothing about it.   But a guy tossing $21 dollars in a salvation army kettle and putting a teammate in it as well later merits a $13k fine??  

Who the fuck makes that kind of decision?   Complete morons in charge of this league.

They (the NFL) took that entirely the wrong way. As the Salvation Army said, Elliot gave them a free multimillion ad.

27 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Oh brother, "the gang that couldn't shoot straight".........

.....So much for the spirit of giving. Ezekiel Elliott has been fined for his Thanksgiving Day celebration involving the Salvation Army kettle that sits near the end zone at AT&T Stadium.......

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

They (the NFL) took that entirely the wrong way. As the Salvation Army said, Elliot gave them a free multimillion ad.

Oh yeah......

......By the midafternoon on the day after that game, the Salvation Army had taken in more than $180,000. Eric Smallwood, the president of the sponsorship evaluation firm Apex Marketing Group, told ESPN that the advertising exposure equivalent of Elliott’s celebration would have cost the Salvation Army approximately $4 million.

The NFL was wise enough that time to back off.....

23 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yeah......

......By the midafternoon on the day after that game, the Salvation Army had taken in more than $180,000. Eric Smallwood, the president of the sponsorship evaluation firm Apex Marketing Group, told ESPN that the advertising exposure equivalent of Elliott’s celebration would have cost the Salvation Army approximately $4 million.

The NFL was wise enough that time to back off.....

Yes...that time they backed off......this time they penalized the guy during the game and fined him after the game.   Shit for brains in the league office.

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Yes...that time they backed off......this time they penalized the guy during the game and fined him after the game.   Shit for brains in the league office.

I saw that live and thought "oh no they're going to hit him with 15 yards" , they did.

Guys are doing full choreographed line dances with 8 guys -but- this got flagged, amazing. Bad call in many ways.

On 12/6/2018 at 12:04 PM, Clevfan4life said:

I have a sneaking suspicion some of these other football leagues starting up next year may do better than people realize. Shit like this is exactly why id be done with football period if the browns ever leave again. I used to love the NFL.....now its just the browns. 

I plan to watch. It doesn t have to replace or even  compete with the NFL. All it has to do is be entertaining

I really don t like baseball or the NBA, so if there is a new football league? I could see becoming a fan of one of the teams and following it

Sometimes we all talk tough when we see this bool-krap like fining Elliott. It doesn't totally chase us away but it does alienate us I think, and I think as much as we get caught up in the game it's just not as pleasurable as it once was. I think the continued inconsistences and lack of backbone by the NFL has created some potential opportunity for the new league.

If they can lead by example with these public issues and have players that are respectful of the fans, they just might find enough success to hang around and actually put a dent in the armor of the NFL who, already in my opinion, has suffered an image degradation.

17 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I plan to watch. It doesn t have to replace or even  compete.with the NFL. All.it has to do is be entertaining

I really don t lile baseball.or the NBA, so if there is a new football leahue? I could see.necoming a fan of.one of the teams and following it

Sometimes we all talk tough when we see this book rap like fining Elliott. It does a Chase us away but it does alienate us I think, and I think as much as we get caught up in the game it's just not as pleasurable as it once was. I think the continued inconsistences and lack of backbone by the NFL Has created some potential opportunity for the new league.

As they can lead by example with these public issues and having players that are respectful of the fans They just might find enough success to hang around and actually put a Dent in the armor of the NFL who already in my opinion has suffered an image degradation.

Agreed. Im honrstly sometimes surprised by my apathy toward the rest of the league. I have to keep up with it somewhst just so i know its not the saskatchewan rawdoggers comin to first energy. But srsly, the league has just lost me.

Not as much as the other sports like basketball, where its the players running the league thats soured me, but with the NFL its really the front office that has created a product on the field i just dont find that compelling anymore. Honestly if the browns left again i have no idea what team i could give a single fuvk about.

17 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The fine money goes to a charity in this case the Salvation Army so it’s basically the same thing

Not quite...

The fines collected do not go to the NFL, but instead go to programs for former players. The Players Association and the league have agreed to donate fine money through the NFL Foundation to the NFL Player Care Foundation and the Gene Upshaw Players Association's Players Assistance Trust.

Still better than the money going to the NFL itself but the point was not so much where the money goes but how stupid it is to fine a guy for something like that. 

Archived