THE BROWNS BOARD

Coming to the Panther game this Sunday

runyon27

I will be traveling up from Raleigh and bringing a couple of Panthers fans with me to the game. This will be the first game for all of us in Cleveland. Looking for any good food recommendations etc while we are there. We should get in Cleveland Friday evening.

1 hour ago, runyon27 said:

I will be traveling up from Raleigh and bringing a couple of Panthers fans with me to the game. This will be the first game for all of us in Cleveland. Looking for any good food recommendations etc while we are there. We should get in Cleveland Friday evening.

Maybe we need a pinned  "coming to Cleveland for a game" thread.  BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS or just visiting.

2 hours ago, runyon27 said:

Depends where you are staying, and what your food budget is. Anything from the high end of Michael "Iron Chef" Symons places Lola, Mabel's BBQ, or Johnny's Downtown to the local Winking Lizard. If you like beer head over to West 25th and the Great Lakes Pub.   

Some of us Board members will be at the Flatiron Cafe in the flats before the game...  

Since you are coming in with people from North Carolina, I'm assuming they like barbeque 

http://www.mabelsbbq.com/

But if you want to really get a feel of blue-collar, old-school Cleveland, you venture a little west of downtown and go to: 

https://www.sokolowskis.com/

PS- if you're looking for something to do Saturday- the Rock & Roll HOF is downtown, a short walk from the stadium. A longer- about an hour drive- from Cleveland back I-77 to Canton to visit the Pro Football HOF are both well worth your consideration. 

Though I'll be hanging out on the west side Sunday- the major Tailgating happens at the Muni & Burke Airport lots just off East 9th Street, also at "The Pit" off of West 6th. I should mention in all the city lots technically alcohol  isn't allowed, but in practice, just don't go waving fifths of Jack Daniels around and it's cool. Be discreet.   :)  

29 minutes ago, hoorta said:

PS- if you're looking for something to do Saturday- the Rock & Roll HOF is downtown, a short walk from the stadium. A longer- about an hour drive- from Cleveland back I-77 to Canton to visit the Pro Football HOF are both well worth your consideration. 

Though I'll be hanging out on the west side Sunday- the major Tailgating happens at the Muni & Burke Airport lots just off East 9th Street, also at "The Pit" off of West 6th. I should mention in all the city lots technically alcohol  isn't allowed, but in practice, just don't go waving fifths of Jack Daniels around and it's cool. Be discreet.   :)  

Yeah we are hitting the HOF on Friday and plan to do Rock and Roll hall of fame Saturday. I think we are staying at the Drury close to the stadium. Thanks for the info everyone!

3 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

Yeah we are hitting the HOF on Friday and plan to do Rock and Roll hall of fame Saturday. I think we are staying at the Drury close to the stadium. Thanks for the info everyone!

If you're thinking about the HOF on Friday, you had better plan on a mighty early start from Raleigh. It's an 8 hour drive- my brother in law lives a little down the road from you in Goldsboro. They close up shop at 5PM.  

Been there a couple times- it's far from being just a 1 hour walk through.  You can, but you'd miss a lot.  

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It’s not the NFL  HOF

Picky, picky, picky you sound like a freakin' lawyer.......

.......The Pro Football Hall of Fame is located in Canton, Ohio, for three primary reasons; (1) the American Professional Football Association, later renamed the National Football League, was founded in Canton on September 17, 1920. (2) the Canton Bulldogs were an early-day pro football power, even before the days of the NFL. They were also the first two-time champion of the NFL in 1922 and 1923. The great Jim Thorpe, the first big-name athlete to play pro football, played his first pro football with the Bulldogs, starting in 1915. (3) Canton citizens early in the 1960's launched a determined and well-organized campaign to earn the site designation for their city.

Pertinent Hall of Fame Historical Background:
The Pro Football Hall of Fame concept, as far as Canton was concerned, first was placed before the public by the Canton Repository on December 6, 1959. That newspaper challenged its readers with the headline: "PRO FOOTBALL NEEDS A HALL OF FAME AND LOGICAL SITE IS HERE."....

I’ve got a group of 11 coming up from the Charlotte area. We are staying at the Westin near the Stadium. Most of us will be in Browns gear but my son (11) and my sister will be cheering for the Panthers. I’d love to meet up with some of you before the game. 

2 hours ago, Banshe5 said:

I’ve got a group of 11 coming up from the Charlotte area. We are staying at the Westin near the Stadium. Most of us will be in Browns gear but my son (11) and my sister will be cheering for the Panthers. I’d love to meet up with some of you before the game. 

No formal tailgating before this game from the group. Some will have breakfast at the Flat Iron Cafe on Center Street.  I'm about partied out after our trip down to Houston last week.  PM me and I'll give you my cell #.   

For December in Cleveland, weather forecast currently doesn't look too hateful. Mid 30s.  

Dang, wish I was there with you guys.  I don't know why, but I'm as excited for this game as any game this season.  I think it's because I want to see how Baker responds to a disastrous first half of last week, and I want to see if he can continue his torrid second half.  Like I said before, some of the throws he made in the second half were insane accurate, and the few that weren't perfect were caught in spectacular fashion by our receivers.  We turned it over on downs because we didn't need FG's, and the Callaway fumble hurt us, but we figured that team out in the second half, and I'm hoping we start MUCH faster on both sides of the ball.  Offensive 3 and outs happen from time to time, and we've gotten a bit spoiled with Baker because they don't seem to surface nearly as much, but the defense has to be able to own 3rd down, ESPECIALLY 3rd and long, and get the opposition off the dang field.  We had two 3rd and VERY longs last week that our defense gave up, and there was no excuse.  The one 3rd and 12 where Watson just dumped it off to the RB was absolutely INFURIATING.  There was literally nobody around the RB, and that CAN'T happen against McCaffery.  

Anyways, the Panthers are ranked in the 20's against the pass in various statistics, and I don't believe they get to the QB much or intercept the ball.  Their corners aren't great, and Baker should be able to find open receivers.  If you have Callaway or Landry on your fantasy team, I'd start them for sure.  Also, for those going to the game the weather APPEARS to be solid.  We know it can change in the blink of an eye, but I want to say that it's going to be kind of clear and cold, around 36 degrees.  Dress warmly, cheer loudly, and bring home another W.  I predict a Browns victory.  Myles gets two sacks, Baker two TD passes, and we get hurt by McCaffery, but ultimately score more points and pull away in the second half.  Oh, and this is the game where we finally get a defensive score.  I feel it.

Panthers - 26

Browns - 33

finally, I survived the week of the flu. and yes sir, That sucked just as bad as watching that 1st half in Houston. On to Panther Week. No tavern this week for me. This is A Dawg-fight in my household, surrounded by a house full of wife/kids & Panthers fan club members from her job. Not only this week do we face the Panthers. But both teams will be dealing with the worst refereeing crew in the business..Yep, Walt Anderson's crew comes to The-Land..This is the same crew that robbed us twice in Oakland game. Spot & Carr's Fumble. The last time Walt's crew saw work, was at Dallas vs. Saints. Coaches challenged Crap calls thru out that game too. optional stadium dress code for Panthers Game...A.)impersonating refs uniforms with🤓 large frame classes. B.)blind seeing eye Dawgs are welcome. C.) no Dawg? Refs costumes with blind man walking canes are welcome.. 

before Walt hits his stadium mic to make his call in Cleveland...Boooooo! this homo off his stage larger than the game..       

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

finally, I survived the week of the flu. and yes sir, That sucked just as bad as watching that 1st half in Houston. On to Panther Week. No tavern this week for me. #1 This is A Dawg-fight in my household, surrounded by a house full of wife/kids & Panthers fan club members from her job. Not only this week do we face the Panthers. But both teams will be dealing with the worst refereeing crew in the business. #2.Yep, Walt Anderson's crew comes to The-Land..This is the same crew that robbed us twice in Oakland game. Spot & Carr's Fumble. The last time Walt's crew saw work, was at Dallas vs. Saints. Coaches challenged Crap calls thru out that game too. optional stadium dress code for Panthers Game...A.)impersonating refs uniforms with🤓 large frame classes. B.)blind seeing eye Dawgs are welcome. C.) no Dawg? Refs costumes with blind man walking canes are welcome.. 

before Walt hits his stadium mic to make his call in Cleveland...Boooooo! this homo off his stage larger than the game..       

#1 On my trip to Charlotte- Panthers fans are the preppiest most wimpy in the NFL.

#2 The Fix is on.... Why are they still allowed to Ref? And after that Oakland debacle, you would dare assign them another Browns game? LOL, Bottlegate II "The Sequel".  

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

#1  Panthers fans are the preppiest most wimpy in the NFL.

#2 The Fix is on....  And after that Oakland debacle, you would dare assign them another Browns game? LOL  

#1. Without a doubt..a butt load of Giants fans around here too. Local Skins fans will never convert to Panthers fans either. Most the direct tv taverns are full of angry Redskins fans losing their regional coverage.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 #2. Rumor has it, when or if* the Browns win 1 more game? The Vegas payout won't be a small amount. As for Anderson, I think the NFL will force him out after his 20th working season. Walt will be calling his 313th game with a 3-11 record with Browns. Last win in KC 2012. Walt is a huge pre-snap geek on lining up right in proper formations. In Oakland, he called Ogun & Kindred for Illegal formations:huh: Higgins Ill.Shifts & the BBC's defensive holding call after releasing at 2 yards is still a mystery.The whole crew is just as bad as Walt.Watch for Newton to get big time roughing calls or protected from this crew..Gregg Williams may go Yankees Billy Martin this week :)..       

On 12/5/2018 at 7:47 PM, hoorta said:

Depends where you are staying, and what your food budget is. Anything from the high end of Michael "Iron Chef" Symons places Lola, Mabel's BBQ, or Johnny's Downtown to the local Winking Lizard. If you like beer head over to West 25th and the Great Lakes Pub.   

Some of us Board members will be at the Flatiron Cafe in the flats before the game...  

Mabels BBQ is pretty good.. Lolas over charges.. if your looking for large portions.. avoid Lolas.. More bark than bite...

On 12/5/2018 at 9:17 PM, hoorta said:

If you're thinking about the HOF on Friday, you had better plan on a mighty early start from Raleigh. It's an 8 hour drive- my brother in law lives a little down the road from you in Goldsboro. They close up shop at 5PM.  

Been there a couple times- it's far from being just a 1 hour walk through.  You can, but you'd miss a lot.  

We came up on Thursday and hit the HOF on Friday.

Archived