THE BROWNS BOARD

Urban Meyer Retiring

The Cysko Kid

Meyer was a great coach, even better recruiter.  But as far as in game coach he was average.  A lot of the games came down to he had the horses to impose there will on the other team.  Half time adjustments we’re usually nonexistent.  So Ohio state will probably not see that big of a drop off.  Do think I am slamming Meyer he did a hell of a job, but what I am talking about is in game coaching.  So going forward Ryan day is not the answer and I hope they keep him where he is at oc.  As far as the head coach goes Meyers replacement need to be a guy who can get the best from the best and the most from the least.  Matt Campbell at Iowa st I feel is the guy for the job.  Ohio native turned that program around with 1-2and 3 start recruits.  But as for Meyer thanks for the great job. 

22 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

They already signed Day to a 5 year deal I thought

Initally I heard something like $4.5M/year probably with incentives and TV stuff, etc. Better than the pros!

.......oh, edit add.....

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State’s new head coach Ryan Day signed a term sheet as a preliminary agreement for a five-year contract with a payout of $4.5 million annually.

The contract includes a handful of incentives ranging from conference championships to winning individual coaching awards. Day will officially take over as head coach Jan. 2 following Ohio State’s matchup with Washington in the Rose Bowl.

Here’s is a look at the term sheet that set the terms of Day’s contract:

DOCUMENT
PAGES
Zoom

32 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

In my opinion a job like Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma, Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas etc...any of the big name schools is s better job than the NFL. 

The only "pain in the azz" part is recruiting and playing cop/nurse maid to a bunch of 18-22 year old kids.......and the other stuff, media, boosters, stupid stuff.

BUT working on a major campus, great lifestyle, all that is nice and even smaller schools pay $1M and up now. Assistants at OSU can make $600,000 or more.

Nice work if you can get it.;)

20 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yep. There is a portion of the fanbase disappointed he is retiring basically for that exact reason.

I know a lot here won't agree with this, but the previous two games were well coached by Michigan and outperformed OSU compared to expectations. This last game was bad defensively (for reasons I've already covered) but we've been steadily improving under Harbaugh. This past season looked like OSU might be heading the other way. Harbaugh is incredibly, incredibly competitive. I'm sure he hated the news.

Compared to expectations?????

You were favored to win. And got  smoked by 23 which could’ve been over 30 had OSU not felt bad for you and taken a knee at the end 

OSU also settled for 2 fg’s inside the 10 yard line. 

Archived