THE BROWNS BOARD

Urban Meyer Retiring

The Cysko Kid

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

ESPN is reporting it's because he did not feel he had support from the university. Not saying anything about a brain cyst other than maybe the cyst he has had for years can get worse with stress.

Well ESPN does say a lot of stupid things at times in their speculations and that’s all that is. The guy has a tumor in his fucking brain and stress aggravates it. So bottom line ESPN is not reporting it ESPN is speculating on that just like I can speculate that the moon is made of green cheese. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well ESPN does say a lot of stupid things at times in their speculations and that’s all that is. The guy has a tumor in his fucking brain and stress aggravates it. So bottom line ESPN is not reporting it ESPN is speculating on that just like I can speculate that the moon is made of green cheese. 

Just watched this story on our local news and it does NOT sound like the ESPN story at all.

He had freakin' brain surgery before, geeeezzzz. This is a big time high stress job, the guy is the winningest active coach even over Saban and third all time in college history.

Oh and 7-0 vs Michigan.  Well done Urban, take a break.

GO BUCKEYES! THE winningest team north of Greenbow, Alabama!  :lol:

47 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Technically Urban is 7-1 vs Michigan. He lost to us in Lloyd Carr's last game with Florida the year Tebow won the Heisman

Lol

Wrong. Technically Michigan is 1393.5 miles from Florida.  :lol:

........we're talking OHIO STATE here in "The Game".

Lots of speculation about why he's retiring. Reporters writing stuff to get "clicks." SECRant.com fans cheering/bashing Urban Meyer and tOSU. I'm sure Paul Finebaum will continue to smear him.

All I know is Urban went 82-9 at tOSU and had them in contention for the National title every season. 

5 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Lots of speculation about why he's retiring. Reporters writing stuff to get "clicks." SECRant.com fans cheering/bashing Urban Meyer and tOSU. I'm sure Paul Finebaum will continue to smear him.

All I know is Urban went 82-9 at tOSU and had them in contention for the National title every season. 

And with a record like that, fans will let a lot slide

10 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Exactly, Florida did but as it all started coming out my view  and many other's turned 180 and I for one was glad to see him go.. Dude has a lot of blood on his hands.

Huge party a Harbaugh's tonight! :D

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

Exactly, Florida did but as it all started coming out my view  and many other's turned 180 and I for one was glad to see him go.. Dude has a lot of blood on his hands.

Literal blood too depending on how you view the Hernandez thing

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

59 minutes ago, Axe said:

Yeah, I get it. Shady dealings at Florida. Tried to protect Earle Bruce's grandson. Maybe there's more....I'm sure ESecPN will keep on digging. 

I'm sure it happens to a certain extent at all schools.. I knew people within the university at the time and there were things I was told that got fixed that imo just shouldn't have. Aside from Hernandez.. But when ya win two national championships, you can get shit done.. Remember, the media was different then. Not quite as omni present as they are today..  I think Urban will go back to the booth, recharge and coach again.. I do hope he regains his health (that's another subject) but I'm sorry,   just can't root for the man..

3 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Yeah, I get it. Shady dealings at Florida. Tried to protect Earle Bruce's grandson. Maybe there's more....I'm sure ESecPN will keep on digging. 

Oh digging to China......might be an unpaid parking ticket in Ashtabula somewhere.  :lol:

Hey lighten up guys, Urban Meyer was a great college college coach, best in his generation.

Oh just saw YSU President Jim Tressel on our local TV news commenting on Urban Meyer, he has not talked with Urban yet.

Two great big time college football coaches......well except maybe in Michigan. Yeah we know 16-1 or somerhing like that.

Meyer is/was an elite coach. 

But he also did a lot of shady shit or was alleged to have done a lot of shady shit. 

I get Columbus circled the wagons and loves the guy. Most everywhere else he's considered s sleazeball. The OSU fan response to that will be "they hate him cuz they can't beat him!" or whatever. That's fine. The Smith scandal proved there's no convincing there.

Speaking of Smith, Urban has plenty of time to clean up Zach's leftover dildos in the office now. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

But he also did a lot of shady shit or was alleged to have done a lot of shady shit. 

I get Columbus circled the wagons and loves the guy. Most everywhere else he's considered s sleazeball. The OSU fan response to that will be "they hate him cuz they can't beat him!" or whatever. That's fine. The Smith scandal proved there's no convincing there.

Speaking of Smith, Urban has plenty of time to clean up Zach's leftover dildos in the office now. 

Part of that (hate) is Urban, much of it is directed at tOSU. 

I know you're aware many an NCAA Football fan base has hated tOSU since Woody Hayes.  

Woody brought much of it, most of it upon himself. He couldn't control himself and got himself fired.

The last incident was the Gator Bowl in 1978 vs Clemson, when a kid baited Woody by waving an intercepted ball in his face. The same classy program that had it's marching band do a "script 31-0" instead of celebrating a CFP championship. 

Urban obviously isn't alone in "sleazeballdom."

19 hours ago, Axe said:

Party? I imagine Jim harbaugh is more than a little disappointed because no matter where he goes from here the knock will now forever be that he could never get the job done against Urban Meyer. Urban Meyer will now be the Boogeyman of his career forever and there's nothing he can do about it. 

I wouldv’e thought the school would go out and do a full coach search

Not sure if harbutt is happy or sad. He won’t get the chance to beat Meyer. But then again he won’t have to TRY and beat Meyer 

6 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Party? I imagine Jim harbaugh is more than a little disappointed because no matter where he goes from here the knock will now forever be that he could never get the job done against Urban Meyer. Urban Meyer will now be the Boogeyman of his career forever and there's nothing he can do about it. 

Yep. There is a portion of the fanbase disappointed he is retiring basically for that exact reason.

I know a lot here won't agree with this, but the previous two games were well coached by Michigan and outperformed OSU compared to expectations. This last game was bad defensively (for reasons I've already covered) but we've been steadily improving under Harbaugh. This past season looked like OSU might be heading the other way. Harbaugh is incredibly, incredibly competitive. I'm sure he hated the news.

10 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Part of that (hate) is Urban, much of it is directed at tOSU. 

I know you're aware many an NCAA Football fan base has hated tOSU since Woody Hayes.  

Woody brought much of it, most of it upon himself. He couldn't control himself and got himself fired.

The last incident was the Gator Bowl in 1978 vs Clemson, when a kid baited Woody by waving an intercepted ball in his face. The same classy program that had it's marching band do a "script 31-0" instead of celebrating a CFP championship. 

Urban obviously isn't alone in "sleazeballdom."

A lot of it is directed at Meyer. Because he had a history. A pattern

Kinda hard to say Woody was "baited". He's a grown man and head coach. I'd expect him to have more self control than a 21 year old

On 12/4/2018 at 4:59 PM, MLD Woody said:

Literal blood too depending on how you view the Hernandez thing

Feckless fuckers like you don’t have a clue. Hernandez was responsible for killing people. Zach Smith was responsible for the domestic violence if it even happened. Urban Meyer didn’t do a goddamn one bit of any of those things. I guess maybe it’s the judge in me that says put responsibility where it belongs and don’t try to lay it on other people. 

15 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Are you part of the detritus. 

6 hours ago, Browns149 said:

I wouldv’e thought the school would go out and do a full coach search

Not sure if harbutt is happy or sad. He won’t get the chance to beat Meyer. But then again he won’t have to TRY and beat Meyer 

Jim Harbaugh me soon be thinking NFL. 

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yep. There is a portion of the fanbase disappointed he is retiring basically for that exact reason.

I know a lot here won't agree with this, but the previous two games were well coached by Michigan and outperformed OSU compared to expectations. This last game was bad defensively (for reasons I've already covered) but we've been steadily improving under Harbaugh. This past season looked like OSU might be heading the other way. Harbaugh is incredibly, incredibly competitive. I'm sure he hated the news.

You’re just double dumb ass wrong about the out coaching and outperforming business maybe one game in the entire last five

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

While I don't agree that OSU was going the other way, per se, I am at a loss to explain how we possibly lost so horribly to Perdue. There's no rational explanation for it. 

21 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

While I don't agree that OSU was going the other way, per se, I am at a loss to explain how we possibly lost so horribly to Perdue. There's no rational explanation for it. 

How can a 12-1 season, back-to-back BIG TEN Championship, Rose Bowl bound team, just about guaranteed top 10 or maybe top 5 team be going the other way?

Purdue was just one of those B10, road, trap games with an underdog team it just happened -or- right now they'd probably be playing Clemson and we'd be discussing can either  beat Alabama.

And missing Bosa all year, not one of their best teams of the past two decades.

I'm OK with it but moving on will have it's challenges. GO BUCKEYES, just beat m and win 12+ games every year!  :lol:

Archived