THE BROWNS BOARD

I don't get all the Baker hate

stillmotion

People just love to hate on Bake in the media. It's really making me kinda angry. First Mangini said he was overrated and didn't give him any credit vs. Cincy, then Damien Woody bashes him over and over again. The whole "Hue Jackson is a victim of Baker" narrative, and then hacks like Colin Cowherd saying today that, "Lamar Jackson tore up a pathetic Bengals D and Falcons D, Baker faced a decent D like the texans, and he's gonna find out a lot more of the Defenses are exactly like the Texans than the Bengals". That Cowherd statement is ridiculous. The texans have a top D, Watt, Clowney, and there isn't more than 14 other teams as good as or better than them. "Lamar tore apart Atlanta and Cincy's Defense too and kept his mouth quiet. Baker should just keep his mouth shut and play, that's part of what's wrong with him as a QB" Cowherd said.....

Shannon Sharpe saying today on Undisputed that he played horrible over and over again and  that he's mediocre..... It's just endless. I've never seen this much hate against one player. I think all of these media fools want baker to fail and be a bust and for the Browns to suck. They want to keep their damn lolbrowns stories and for us to be a joke and irrelevant, and it scares them we might be competitive. How come Josh Rosen, Lamar, Josh Allen, and every other young QB isn't held even close to the standard Baker is?

I hope Baker doesn't be quiet. I hope he continues to grow and get better and tear up defenses. And I really hope someone in the media for once has his back. Drew Brees played horrible but no one says a WORD about that. Nothing. But Baker is just a mediocre guy after facing one of the best defenses? Shannon says the 49ers QB is mediocre and threw for a lot of yards too, but for christ sake, Baker is far from mediocre.

When he makes a mistake these fools slam him, and when he does something good they give him no credit. 

Easy fix to all of this.  Don't watch these shitty shows.   They are just there to stir up arguments.  Everyone one of them is basically trolling to get people to watch just to get people pissed off.   

They're all trash.  Just stay away.

Funny.  I'm not hearing the 'Baker hate'.    I guess I'm not looking in the right places.  

...and D Woody hated ALL of the Browns for being happy after they halted a 20+ game road losing streak.  As for Sharp saying Baker is mediocre, that's great!  Most rookies look pretty bad in their first year.

I WILL say that I wasn't overly pleased in him mentioning receivers not running routes the right depth and not contesting for balls hard enough during his post game press conference.  I mean, what if a receiver tweets out, "I run routes  correctly"?  -  You've gotta have a filter when talking to the media.  Hopefully, someone in authority has a quick chat with him.  -  Obviously it's perfectly fine to talk to the receive(s) about it, but not with a microphone.  At practice, "Hey man, interceptions look bad on my stat sheet.  How come you ran so far before breaking?"   -  This is a problem that Tyrod Taylor doesn't have.  Taylor won't throw it until you make your break.  Baker will throw you open, but you can't leave him hanging by running the route two or three yards deeper.  

Baker is young, our receivers are young,  It's still a work in progress.

Yeah right. Go back and watch some of the throws he had yesterday. Not everyone can do that. Screw those idiots. 

The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

6 hours ago, Mark O said:

Easy fix to all of this.  Don't watch these shitty shows.   They are just there to stir up arguments.  Everyone one of them is basically trolling to get people to watch just to get people pissed off.   

They're all trash.  Just stay away.

I try man, I don't even watch those shows, but every time I even turn on ESPN you hear someone trashing him. The media just loves the losing Browns narrative. I can't wait till they're are speechless when we're winning.

2 hours ago, BaconHound said:

The Hue Jackson situation was greatly overblown.  To this point Baker is a bit overrated by fans and some in the media.  That's not a knock on him personally, like Rickie Fowler in golf, his personality makes him a lot of fans and his play has been very good at times.

And his personality can rub some people the wrong way. 

Let's be honest, there's a healthy dose of frat boy douchebag in Baker. 

It is what it is. 

13 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I try man, I don't even watch those shows, but every time I even turn on ESPN you hear someone trashing him. The media just loves the losing Browns narrative. I can't wait till they're are speechless when we're winning.

Don't turn on ESPN unless they're showing a live sporting event or if SVP is on.   Otherwise don't watch.    Problem solved.  :)

3 hours ago, BaconHound said:

And you know he’s a fucking rookie so he’s gonna look like a rookie sometimes like yesterday’s first half. 

57 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

And his personality can rub some people the wrong way. 

Let's be honest, there's a healthy dose of frat boy douchebag in Baker. 

It is what it is. 

I hope they do hate baker Mayfield for a couple reasons one for the fact that he doesn’t take any shit from them 2. because he beat their ass and 3. because he can be a douche bag and then get some off their game so let them worry about Trying to fuck with him rather than worrying about their game. 

He might be a jerk.  But he’s our jerk

Reminds me of Albert Belle. Belle was an a-hole. And one if the biggest jerks of all-time. But he played for us. And he was great. 

He’s entitled to his own opinion. Just like the media. He’s a stand up guy, it appears he never saw eye to eye with Hue and if you think about it... 

Hue signing an ex divisional rival OC who has been an OC forever and then leaves Cleveland to go to another divisional rival. Who knows what else went on behind the scenes.

...We all know the “Baker you’re the back up” on Hard Knocks. Probably could’ve and should’ve been avoided.

The media is entitled to their opinion as well, and at the end of the day... Mayfield can say whatever the F he wants

6 hours ago, BaconHound said:

I won't go digging it up, but little surprise Cow-Bell is at it again. Baker has a relatively bad game and Colon unloads his constipated bowels on Mayfield.  He wants to prove to the world he's a better talent evaluator than Dorsey.  

40 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I won't go digging it up, but little surprise Cow-Bell is at it again. Baker has a relatively bad game and Colon unloads his constipated bowels on Mayfield.  He wants to prove to the world he's a better talent evaluator than Dorsey.  

That's why i made the thread dude. I didn't want to, but a Colin Baker video started autoplaying on youtube when I was working. I listened and got agitated, and had to speak out against it.

18 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I hope they keep talking because I believe that Mayfield is one of those guys, like Brady, who use that as a motivational tool to go out and destroy. Five super bowls later Brady has never lost the chip on his shoulder and I hope Mayfield never does either. 

This exactly. Keep telling him he's no good please 👍

This is why i wanted the browns to air at least a semblance of the dirty laundry baker "clearly" and explicitly alluded to when they asked him about the postgame with hue. 

I agreed to an extent thst baker shouldnt have jumped in this, but the fact he did and the whole team looks diff now......speaks to his point about some shit going on "in house". I wish they'd let him talk about it so that the rest of the league would understand where he was coming from

Wasn't Rosen supposed to be the arrogant one in this draft class? :ph34r:

I've no issue with Baker throwing shade at Hue, but he can't publicly blame his WRs.

You guys actually watch espn or fsone for Cleveland sports news???? Well,,,,, there’s your problem. 

I like the local reporters that have access to the players and do one on one interviews.  These names you mention never come around, never ask a question and feel they know it all.  They don’t and you shouldn’t be listening to what they say. It’s just unbased opinions. Not news

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Wasn't Rosen supposed to be the arrogant one in this draft class? :ph34r:

I've no issue with Baker throwing shade at Hue, but he can't publicly blame his WRs.

I didn't think it came across as blaming WRs, as Baker said repeatedly that the turnovers were his fault, and that even the entire GAME was his fault. When Baker said the receivers needed to have correct depth and also come back to passes to break them up, it didn't strike me the wrong way in the least. It seemed like genuine analysis from Baker, and not finger pointing. And you know what? Baker is actually right. Our receivers have not done a good enough job of breaking up potential picks, and it's something to work on. Specifically, Callaway hasn't been adept at coming back for passes, and I can think of several long passes that he just kind of waited for. 

Baker is going to learn all kinds of lessons. We're seeing them already, lol. I fear he'll always have the social media bug, and he's not the kind of guy to let things go, but there are worse things. The second half of the Texans game showed me just about everything I needed to know. 

39 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

When Baker said the receivers needed to have correct depth and also come back to passes to break them up, it didn't strike me the wrong way

It was pointing out perceived mistakes by other team mates...with a microphone in his face.

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

You guys actually watch espn or fsone for Cleveland sports news???? Well,,,,, there’s your problem. 

I like the local reporters that have access to the players and do one on one interviews.  These names you mention never come around, never ask a question and feel they know it all.  They don’t and you shouldn’t be listening to what they say. It’s just unbased opinions. Not news

Like Nathan Zegura?

He might as well wear a cheerleading outfit as "unbiased" as his opinions are regarding the Browns. 

13 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Honesty is bad? What a generation! 

No. Don't talk shit on social media or with a room full of freaking jackals just waiting for you to say something stupid they can amplify into rating for their stupid a** shows..

Taking on Hue was a case of good truth telling in public. It ignited the team and the city.. 

Saying even the little he did about his receivers COULD have had a negative affect. Doesn't seem like anyone else picked up on it and let it go, so no harm no foul. But it could have..

BobPound!

19 minutes ago, BobPOUND! said:

No. Don't talk shit on social media or with a room full of freaking jackals just waiting for you to say something stupid they can amplify into rating for their stupid a** shows..

Taking on Hue was a case of good truth telling in public. It ignited the team and the city.. 

Saying even the little he did about his receivers COULD have had a negative affect. Doesn't seem like anyone else picked up on it and let it go, so no harm no foul. But it could have..

BobPound!

Words only hurt if you let them. Stones hurt. Words just move the air

Archived