THE BROWNS BOARD

these losses like this dont even really bother me....

Tacosman

We won't go 0fer(or even 1fer) again and we even won 2 in a row.  

We've fired our terrible HC and are getting a new HC  with no connections to the current browns shortly after the season is over.  New coordinators likely as well.  And we are actually being talked about as an attractive  head coaching opening, unlike most years. 

Our qb has had an uneven first year, but has showed promise at times and you have to figure he's going to get better.  

We won't be favored to win the afc north next year, but we will probably be +700 or so.....which is a hell of a lot better than we have been recently and thats something to get excited about

8 hours ago, Tacosman said:

We've fired our terrible HC and are getting a new HC  with no connections to the current browns shortly after the season is over.  New coordinators likely as well.  And we are actually being talked about as an attractive  head coaching opening, unlike most years. 

Our qb has had an uneven first year, but has showed promise at times and you have to figure he's going to get better.  

We won't be favored to win the afc north next year, but we will probably be +700 or so.....which is a hell of a lot better than we have been recently and thats something to get excited about

Exactly. I was just saying this week that Freddie Kitchens was due to get his azz whipped, and the Texans said they were ready for the type of throws we like to run. Now it's time to see how he adjusts. Also, our defense needs to help out a little bit. We couldn't get them off the field too many times, didn't force a TO, and a defensive TD would be nice this year. I've said it before, but I'm so proud of Baker for overcoming the worst half of football he's ever played. Like Peyton Manning said, he learned the most about being a QB in the middle of some blowout losses. 

The number one problem we were supposedly going to have going into this game was dealing with the Texan's pass rush.  Clowney, Watt, etc.

Number of times Baker was sacked?  Zero.  Number of times we sacked the mobile and elusive Deshaun Watson?  Four.

We outgained the Texans - on the road - by about 50 or so yards.

We weren't going to win (on the road) with a negative four turnover ratio, but the really bad officiating certainly didn't help.  Very questionable pass interference/defensive holding calls on us, an extremely questionable basically phantom holding call which negated a touchdown while the Texans are holding all day long and it's pretty much never called.

Look at Baker in the second half, mobile, throwing into very tight windows like it's nothing against a top defense.  

A game with multiple picks?  Bound to happen for a rookie and in the big picture will be helpful to his development.  

We held the Texans to five field goals and one touchdown on defense.

Holding the Texans to field goals was the heart of Williams' gameplan for victory.  While the victory eluded us, the gameplan was correct and absolutely achieved.

Would have liked to have won to stay in the playoff picture of course, but not in the least bit upset with this loss.

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Exactly. I was just saying this week that Freddie Kitchens was due to get his azz whipped, and the Texans said they were ready for the type of throws we like to run. Now it's time to see how he adjusts. Also, our defense needs to help out a little bit. We couldn't get them off the field too many times, didn't force a TO, and a defensive TD would be nice this year. I've said it before, but I'm so proud of Baker for overcoming the worst half of football he's ever played. Like Peyton Manning said, he learned the most about being a QB in the middle of some blowout losses. 

to be honest though, who really cares how kitchens adjusts?  We are bringing in new people for 2019 anyways, and there are only 4 games left in a season that is going nowhere

Well, on to the Panthers who are fighting for their playoff lives in a big logjam of teams with 5-7 wins for wildcard slots in the NFC.

I think we have a good shot @ home this weekend since they are on a 4 game losing streak.

1 hour ago, Tacosman said:

to be honest though, who really cares how kitchens adjusts?  We are bringing in new people for 2019 anyways, and there are only 4 games left in a season that is going nowhere

At this point, it's not a given Dorsey will bring in a new coaching staff. 2-2 Williams may stay, 3-1 he definitely does. MHO.

Team Stats HOU CLE
Total Plays 74 52
Total Yards 384 428
Yards per Play 5.2 8.2
1st Downs 25 20
Passing Yards 225 398
Passing (comp-att) 22-31 29-43
Yards per Pass 7.23 9.23
Sacks - Yards Lost 4-27 0-0

Then, consider the passing yards in the second half for Mayfield and the rest of the offense:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/Breaking-down-the-key-stats-from-Texans-vs-Browns-13438175.php

Baker Mayfield can't complain about his protection. The Browns have kept him clean for three games in a row and an NFL-best 177 consecutive snaps. Their effort Sunday was impressive because the Texans had set season sack highs of five and six the previous two weeks. J.J. Watt being shut out likely ensured he won't challenge for the season championship. He trailed the Rams' Aaron Donald 14.5 to 11.5 when the day began.

Previous games: 2 at Patriots, 1 at Titans, 4 vs. Giants, 4 at Colts, 2 vs. Cowboys, 2 vs. Bills, 4 at Jaguars, 2 vs. Dolphins, 2 at Broncos, 5 at Washington, 6 Titans.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2018/12/jj-watt-on-baker-mayfield-he-probably-wasnt-feeling-too-dangerous-the-first-half.html

Unfortunately for Mayfield and the rest of the Browns, the game was pretty much over the time he came out and completed 25-of-30 attempts for 351 yards and a TD in the second half, completing his first 10 passes.

which, btw, J. J. Watt also said Baker felt more dangerous the second half.

our offensive line - NO SACKS.

When a loss is hugely inspiring, ya know you're on your way to having a great football team

I mean, I get your point, and you're probably right in all likelihood, BUT...there is still a CHANCE Kitchens comes back, whether it's as OC or even a QB coach, so it's still possible that adjusting is vital to the remainder of the season.  

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well, on to the Panthers who are fighting for their playoff lives in a big logjam of teams with 5-7 wins for wildcard slots in the NFC.

I think we have a good shot @ home this weekend since they are on a 4 game losing streak.

Given the way our D has been getting gashed, how do we even begin to game plan against McCaffrey?

8 hours ago, Tacosman said:

You don’t have a clue if that’s true or not so just Quit  making proclamations that show you to be idiotic 

Our rookie QB essentially had a full half of garbage time...

The more I reflect on the game the more I think the Texans' DL priority was to keep Baker in the pocket.

28 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

The more I reflect on the game the more I think the Texans' DL priority was to keep Baker in the pocket.

Bingo.   And they did it with most a 3 man rush and either a 4th man assignment free/spy or delayed rush.   

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

There were several plays or I thought Baker had a lot of room to run And could have made a first down,but declined to do so and on a few of those occasions he just threw the ball out of boundsAnd could have made a first down, or he threw it in the coverage. 

On 12/3/2018 at 4:50 PM, The Gipper said:

You don’t have a clue if that’s true or not so just Quit  making proclamations that show you to be idiotic 

lmao okaaaaaaaay.....we'll see.   I'm just not going to get that invested in what a lot of people who won't be around are doing.

lmao okaaaaaaaay.....we'll see.   I'm just not going to get that invested in what a lot of people who won't be around are doing.

Again I repeat you don’t have a fucking clue whether he will be around or not. Are you at if they do hire his guys maybe you should suck on a dick

On 12/2/2018 at 10:07 PM, Tacosman said:

it feels like we are headed in the right direction.....if we get a good coach....i don't see any current coaches i would want though....we will see....hopefully this will turn out good....i agree with everything you said on your post...

Archived