THE BROWNS BOARD

The truth

Ghoolie

The offensive play scheme was also geared toward getting the ball out ultra quick, neutralizing even the greatest of pass rushes. Like someone prebiously said, the texans went into run D mode and felt their secondary might have something on baker......and they were right. They knew the browns would be throwing through a shortened route tree and they jumped it. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

The offensive play scheme was also geared toward getting the ball out ultra quick, neutralizing even the greatest of pass rushes. Like someone prebiously said, the texans went into run D mode and felt their secondary might have something on baker......and they were right. They knew the browns would be throwing through a shortened route tree and they jumped it. 

The throws were forced under pressure, besides the 3rd one. 

Hopefully he’ll learn that sometimes, it’s better to just punt than commit turnovers in succession. 

Its kinda awesome to be able to watch the growth of Baker.

17 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Its kinda awesome to be able to watch the growth of Baker.

U know what most people arent talking about? Bakers demeanor after those int's.....that right there said more about the kid than anything we've seen from him. It was the 1st time he shit the bed and he was "seething". 

On 12/3/2018 at 7:23 PM, Gunz41 said:

Well I discerned 2 things from Ghoolie in this discussion. 1- He obviously doesn't like Texas. I don't know if that is Houston, Dallas, Austin, Amarillo, etc, or just ALL Texans? 2- he must have gotten into that rum he likes, because a couple of the posts I have no clue what he is trying to say 

I have a small pecker and an even smaller phone keyboard. It makes the expression of my digital grammar pretty bad. I am also to old and cranky to spell check, so, that's the schidt you get when I post from my phone.

Here is the thing, with Stan's passing, add to that losing my Mom and finally getting on top of a formerly nagging health issue of my own, I am all about my old team, and the camaraderie is more precious than ever to me. I have met some of the finest caulk-suckers, homos, degenerates, masturbationists, booger collectors and pedophiles that you will find anywhere.

So, when I come in here after a loss, I don't want to read bullschidt about how good these sphincter whisperers are.  THEY GOT LUCKY. The second half the Browns dominated, and THAT was representative of what will happen in 9 of 10 games against the Tex-Tards. Fauck The Alamo. I hope Mexico beats the fauhk out of the bull-blowers again. What don't I like about Texas? Which parts? Here............. FAUKCK San Antonio, Faukck Dallas, and fauck Houston. Faukck Texas Toast, Faukck Texarcana Arkansas, and faukck Texans football team. They can shove their chipotle sauce up their collective azzes and I hope someone burns every copy of the TV show Dallas. JR Ewing sucks horse diccks.

Okay, who do we play this week. I need to line up my F bombs for those azzholes.

Go Browns. Fauckc everyone else.

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

If you want to say the Texans got  lucky, be my guest. Or you can say their defense forced Baker into making rookie mistakes in the first half.  They essentially shut down Chubb (9 carries, 31 yards) and were forcing Mayfield to beat them. A good recipe for success when you're facing a rookie qb.   

They're not lucky- they have a pretty solid team. They can clinch their division by beating the Colts at home this Sunday.  

fauhk Texas. They got lucky, They didn't force jack schidt. They got lucky. We beat their aszes in the second half. They aren't going anywhere. Their division blows. 

On 12/4/2018 at 7:10 PM, Ghoolie said:

I have a small pecker and an even smaller phone keyboard. It makes the expression of my digital grammar pretty bad. I am also to old and cranky to spell check, so, that's the schidt you get when I post from my phone.

Here is the thing, with Stan's passing, add to that losing my Mom and finally getting on top of a formerly nagging health issue of my own, I am all about my old team, and the camaraderie is more precious than ever to me. I have met some of the finest caulk-suckers, homos, degenerates, masturbationists, booger collectors and pedophiles that you will find anywhere.

So, when I come in here after a loss, I don't want to read bullschidt about how good these sphincter whisperers are.  THEY GOT LUCKY. The second half the Browns dominated, AND that was representative of what will happen in 9 of 10 games against the Tex-Tards. Fauck The Alamo. I hope Mexico beats the fauhk out of the bull-blower again. What don't I like about Texas? WHich parts? Here............. FAUKCK San Antonio, Faukck Dallas, and fauck Houston. Faukck Texas Toast, Faukck Texarcana Arkansas, and faukck Texans football team. They can shove their chipotle sauce up their collective azzes and I hope someone burns every copy of the TV show Dallas. JR Ewing sucks horse diccks.

Okay, who do we play this week. I need to line up my F bombs for those azzholes.

Go Browns. Fauckc everyone else.

but not austin fucking great music from there

As much as I don't care for Tex-ass and the heat, bugs, droughts, floods and other items they did have some notable people.......like Bonnie & Clyde. :lol:

TEX, FLA, LA, GEO even AZ and SoCAL, nice to visit and then go home.

Red Adair fireman oil well fires, Houston
Alvin Ailey choreographer, Rogers
Mary Kay Ash cosmetics entrepreneur, Hot Wells
Steven Fuller Austin founding father of Texas, Austinville,VA
Gene Autry singer, actor, Tioga
Kathy Baker actress, Midland
Clyde Barrow outlaw, Telico
Carol Burnett comedienne, San Antonio
Cyd Charisse actress, dancer, Amarillo
Henry Cisneros politician, San Antonio
Denton A. Cooley heart surgeon, Houston
Joan Crawford actress, San Antonio
Robert Dennard inventor, Terrell
Dwight David Eisenhower U.S. president, general, Denison
A. J. Foyt auto racer, Houston
Larry Hagman actor, Fort Worth
Ben Hogan golfer, Dublin
Buddy Holly musician, Lubbock
Howard Hughes industrialist, film producer, Houston
Jack Johnson boxer, Galveston
Lyndon B. Johnson U.S. president, Stonewall
Michael Johnson olympic sports, Dallas
George Jones singer, Saratoga
Janis Joplin blues singer, Port Arthur
Tommy Lee Jones actor, San Saba
Trini Lopez singer, Dallas
Mary Martin singer, actress, Weatherford
Roger Miller singer, songwriter, Fort Worth
Spanky McFarland actor, Fort Worth
Audie Murphy actor, war hero, Kingston
Willie Nelson singer, Abbot
Chester Nimitz admiral, Fredricksburg
Sandra Day O'Connor jurist, El Paso
Roy Orbisonsinger, Vernon
Buck Owens singer, Sherman
Bonnie Parker outlaw, Rowena
H. Ross Perot philanthropist, Texarkana
Katherine Anne Porter author, Indian Creek
Wiley Post aviator, Grand Saline
Dan Rather TV newscaster, Wharton
Robert Rauschenberg painter, Port Arthur
Tex Ritter singer, Murval
Eugene Wesley Gene Roddenberry screenwriter, El Paso <----- what Mr Star Trek? :o
Tabitha Soren TV journalist, San Antonio
Rip Torn actor, director, Temple
Ernest Tubb country music, Crisp
Tommy Tune dancer, choreographer, Wichita Falls
Kathy Whitworth golfer, Monahans
Dooley Wilson actor, musician, Tyler
Babe Didrikson Zaharias athlete, golfer, Port Arthur

If you ever go to visit the LBJ ranch near Stonewall, be sure to stop by the El Rey Chocolates free tasting room right there in Stonewall on US 290. The chocolates all come from Venezuela which has some of the very best chocolate in the world. Then go on to tour the wineries from there to Fredricksberg. 20-30 of 'em in that area, several with international award winning wines.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If you ever go to visit the LBJ ranch near Stonewall, be sure to stop by the El Rey Chocolates free tasting room right there in Stonewall on US 290. The chocolates all come from Venezuela which has some of the very best chocolate in the world. Then go on to tour the wineries from there to Fredricksberg. 20-30 of 'em in that area, several with international award winning wines.

I'd put up quite a few countries against Venezuela and chocolate.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Stevie Ray Vaughn's instrumental version of Hendrix's 'Little Wing' is possibly the most perfect piece of music a person could ever hope to hear. 

Seen him doit live 2 different times.. A true artist who never played it the same way twice.. Every time he played a song.. he always did something a little different.... His performances live could just be so galvanizing..... Definitely wasn't a cookie cutter guitarist...

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Stevie Ray Vaughn's instrumental version of Hendrix's 'Little Wing' is possibly the most perfect piece of music a person could ever hope to hear. 

I have over 100+ each in 8 tracks, cassettes, CDs, I know I have SRV in cassette......the only cassette players left are a few boomboxes and our car (special ordered it new with a 6 disc CD changer in the dash)....nice.

Need ro get SRV in CD. Do not have nor want vinyl now.

On 12/4/2018 at 12:31 PM, hoorta said:

If you want to say the Texans got  lucky, be my guest. Or you can say their defense forced Baker into making rookie mistakes in the first half.  They essentially shut down Chubb (9 carries, 31 yards) and were forcing Mayfield to beat them. A good recipe for success when you're facing a rookie qb.   

They're not lucky- they have a pretty solid team. They can clinch their division by beating the Colts at home this Sunday.  

look man they have a stout defense but c'mon you make it out like they are super bowl contenders so unless they some how draw baltimore in the first round i would bet they are one and done also are defense held their offense to one T.D thats right just one 

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I have over 100+ each in 8 tracks, cassettes, CDs, I know I have SRV in cassette......the only cassette players left are a few boomboxes and our car (special ordered it new with a 6 disc CD changer in the dash)....nice.

Need ro get SRV in CD. Do not have nor want vinyl now.

vinyl is the way to go superior sound compared to cd also if you buy a new record they come with a download code so you can also put music on your favorite device and one more also cassette is coming back I have noticed them at bands merch tables

8 minutes ago, ATOM said:

vinyl is the way to go superior sound compared to cd also if you buy a new record they come with a download code so you can also put music on your favorite device and one more also cassette is coming back I have noticed them at bands merch tables

My last phonograph which I bought around 1977 from Sears great stereo and speakers with dual casssttes comptely died years ago.

Vinyl was cool and great sound....back then. 

36 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

My last phonograph which I bought around 1977 from Sears great stereo and speakers with dual casssttes comptely died years ago.

Vinyl was cool and great sound....back then. 

oh and did i mention you also get the great artwork you can't turn the inside of Zeppelin 3 with a cd sleeve

I miss the good ol days of going into to record store just to check out the latest artwork.. they didnt have google images back then..

4 hours ago, ATOM said:

Unless they've figured out a way to get the snap crackle and pop out of vinyl, I'll pass. I gave away my extensive collection of vinyl last year. I won't argue with you, but MHO vinyl can't touch the dynamic range of CD And Blu-Ray. Warmer sound? I'm a damn critical listener, and sorry if I don't notice it. Seriously, cassete is a joke sound quality wise, unless you're into nostalgia.

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Now-a-days it's your phone and a Bose speaker.

And I'm sure you know what Bose stands for among serious audiophiles? Buy Other Sound Equipment. :) The hoorta's Man Cave features a Pioneer Elite 7.1 @ 130 watts\ channel, all channels driven, plus a nice 750 watt subwoofer linear down 10 hz. I can put you on the beach for "Saving Private Ryan", or in the front row for AC\DC. I can pump out 110db continuous- probably more, that's just stupid loud, I've never maxed it out- and I'm not kidding. Don't do that anymore, it's overkill. 

LOL, for kicks and giggles, I'd like to pump 1,000 watts into a Bose radio, the one that can easily replace your sound system. To quote a guy from HiDef Forum - "yep, blowed up real good."

21 hours ago, hoorta said:

but MHO vinyl can't touch the dynamic range of CD

Actually, if you want to get technical, vinyl has far better 'dynamic range' than CDs.

CDs are most often very 'compressed' (brickwalled), so they sound LOUDER.

Louder is not dynamic range.

Compression is the opposite of dynamic range.

I'm an audio nerd.

18 hours ago, Ous said:

Actually, if you want to get technical, vinyl has far better 'dynamic range' than CDs.

CDs are most often very 'compressed' (brickwalled), so they sound LOUDER.

Louder is not dynamic range.

Compression is the opposite of dynamic range.

I'm an audio nerd.

And when you happen to get an uncompressed DVD concert?  Sure, my system can play at rock concert levels if I have the mind. That's not what I'm about anymore. Nothing more annoying to my mind than listening to vinyl and hearing the occasional (or not so occasional) pop. One of the great selling points of CDs and DVDs as opposed to vinyl. How many guys are using clean room standards when they play those records? And seriously, does it make any difference if we're cutting out upper level harmonics that are insanely above any human beings ability to hear? I'd have to look it up, but I doubt vinyl can reproduce those subsonics that you can't hear- but sure can feel in some movies. Specifically, my SVS sub is set up to be flat down to 10 hz.  

And on top of that, how many guys have sound systems that are good enough, and speakers with flat enough response to tell the difference? 1\10 of 1%?  

Cassettes? Play 'em on an audiophile system and even with Dolby noise reduction, I could still hear hiss. Why mine are gathering dust. 

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And when you happen to get an uncompressed DVD concert?  Sure, my system can play at rock concert levels if I have the mind. That's not what I'm about anymore. Nothing more annoying to my mind than listening to vinyl and hearing the occasional (or not so occasional) pop. One of the great selling points of CDs and DVDs as opposed to vinyl. How many guys are using clean room standards when they play those records? And seriously, does it make any difference if we're cutting out upper level harmonics that are insanely above any human beings ability to hear? I'd have to look it up, but I doubt vinyl can reproduce those subsonics that you can't hear- but sure can feel in some movies. 

Cassettes? Play 'em on an audiophile system and even with Dolby noise reduction, I could still hear hiss. Why mine are gathering dust. 

if you buy a new 180 gram vinyl it's pure sound no pops at all

1 minute ago, ATOM said:

if you buy a new 180 gram vinyl it's pure sound no pops at all

To each their own, I suppose. I'm way past using my turntable for anything. I don't even have it hooked into my system anymore. I had an extensive collection of vinyl from the '70s and 80s that I gave away. (It happens when you get old, and haven't listened to any of it in years) 

And should I add um sort of hard to produce true lossless 5.1 sound on a turntable. Impressive having those fireworks in Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Rings zooming over your head.  

Me personally.. I think Analogue sounds better as far as warmth and natural sounds go... Digital is harsh sounding for recording guitars.... You lose a lot of bottom end and natural compression.. Digital winds up sounding thin and brittle.. MP3 format is the worst.. MP3's break down easy and MP3 files sound a bit fuzzy and distorted over time.. the trade off is MP3's are small files compared to FLAC and WAV. When it comes to Amplifiers.. I prefer the sound of Power vacuum tubes to SS circuitry.. Yeah.. SS is cleaner.. but.. its really hard to shape the tone like you can with Vacuum tubes...two different animals completely.. but , I digress!

On 12/2/2018 at 5:01 PM, Orion said:

The TRUTH is:

Baker is a rookie. (and a good one).   Watson is NOT a rookie.  (and a good one)

We played a meaningful game in December.  (that's a helluvalot better than 0-16)

We need another good offseason to improve the team even more.  (WR, OL and something to help our 31st ranked defense)

Watson blows donkey caulks. He is a run-first QB and will never taste a SB unless he licks the seats the day after. Fukck Watson. You saw how stinky he was yesterday. SB contender my azz.

Isn't it funny how the reason we didn't beat the Bengals worse is because we let up on the gas pedal..... BUT the reason we  almost pulled the game out in the second half was because the Textard's defense was just too good. Fukck the Texans, did I already say that? 

Seriously, we turned Watt into Who? We stuck his caulk up his ass and he played like a homosexual. He ain's schidt. Baker had a bad day. We play the Texans 10 times, we win 9. GUARANTEED. The caulksucker Texans won't win another game this year, and you will see both Watt and Watts-son exposed as homosexuals.

I agree, we will improve in the offseason, but we are a better team than the Texans right now. In every aspect of the game. I guaranteed a win over the Carolina Tarkentons. We will asss pummel Denver and DRIVE a fist right down John Elways horse teeth.

Fukck Denver. 

21 hours ago, hoorta said:

To each their own, I suppose. I'm way past using my turntable for anything. I don't even have it hooked into my system anymore. I had an extensive collection of vinyl from the '70s and 80s that I gave away. (It happens when you get old, and haven't listened to any of it in years) 

And should I add um sort of hard to produce true lossless 5.1 sound on a turntable. Impressive having those fireworks in Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Rings zooming over your head.  

Well, now you're going from CD talk to purely DVD (or better yet, Blu) 5.1 Audio talk. And yes, you are correct with those points.

I was just getting technical with dynamic range.

It's all preference, really, at this point with 2.0 music listening. Personally, I don't keep records that have hiss and pops. 

You gave away your vinyl!? Yikes! I hate to think what some lucky bastard got for free.

Archived