THE BROWNS BOARD

QUIT CRYING GEORGIA - YOU GAGGED AGAIN!!!

Flugel

As I continue to hear how wonderful the SEC is - I often wonder if ANY of their fans realize how much more frequently Nick Saban was challenged as a Head Coach in the Big 10 than he is in the Cakewalk Comfort Zone Sequel he never wants to leave.  He only had 1 season in the Big 10 with just 2 losses while all the rest were 4-6 losses further splaining why he couldn't get to LSU fast enough for the ideal change of fate op. Teams like Georgia are the reason WHY he never wants to leave his gig in Alabama today!  Working with a 14 point lead, they had a chance to go up by 17 with a chip shot FG.  Their kicker that allegedly never misses just so happened to miss.  And then a QB that was benched for an inability to hit the broad side of a barn in the passing game went a perfect 5 for 5 on 3rd downs vrs a defense that was stopping Bama's BETTER passer for all of the quarters leading up to the one that mattered most.  In the process, Fromm got cold too.  Bottom line: They CHOKED!  Why reward that when you're asking several different conferences full of fans paying $ to see their teams compete to win Conference Championships to get a shot at the Final 4.

So guess who was crying right after the game that they deserve the chance to play Alabama more than anyone else?   If you deserved the chance to be considered a CHAMPION - you would have WON your Championship.  Winners win and whiners whine. Just out of curiosity, what has Georgia ever won?  They even gagged in the big game when they had Herschel Walker.  

I'll be the first to admit I'm reluctant to want to see Ohio State show up to another Final 4 after seeing a team with way more NFL prospects on it lose 35-0 to Clemson.  Then all the Big 10 sucks nonsense starts almost as if Zeke Elliott isn't still scoring TDs on that Bama defense that was allegedly supposed to stifle them.  My take on this year's Ohio State team is why not relish what Urban Meyer did with an imperfect team going 12-1 than let Bama or Clemson exploit the OSU LBer Corps and other deficiencies.  Just my opinion; but I think one of those coaches will have the ability to Re-Purdue them with better talent than Purdue had.  I'm fine with Oklahoma or even the 2nd consecutive undefeated UCF program (that beat 2 SEC teams last year inclusive of the Auburn team that beat Bama).  UCF now has the largest enrollment of any DI program in the country so their sudden rise to #1 in the state of Florida isn't any accident.  I know this seems strange from someone that is supposed to be an OSU fan but I've seen their defense make 1 week superstars out of too many RBs this year to be comfortable putting that in front of Bama or Clemson again.  Hey, it's way more honest than Georgia pretending they're not going to get paralyzed with stage fright in the 4th Quarter again. 

The Buckeye homer in me says tOSU doesn't deserve it. They're a lot like West Virginia this year.

Regarding your SEC points, I concur. I'd like to add they NEVER ever travel. As great as 'Bama is, they haven't gone on the road against a ranked out-of-conference foe in a long long time. Every freaking supposed 5-star matchup out of conference is a bowl game or in Jerry Jones' place or the Meadowlands. They're scared.

Florida hasn't gone north of Kentucky ever. Maybe not west of Arkansas either. 

Georgia- they cheated vs tOSU in a Bowl game with illegal cleats (too long per NCAA rules) and barely won. 

tOSU did a home and home with LSU in the 90s. They need to do it again. Buckeyes have their flaws, but hey, they do travel on the road to at least one power 5 school every season. 

Eff Finebaum & the SEC. Those southerners root for a "conference." How stupid, no wonder they lost the war.

Rant over, go Browns!!!!

Oklahoma #4... Ohio State in the Rose Bowl vs Washington I would guess. 

I know some might be disappointed, but I can never get too upset with a Buckeyes season that results in a win vs TTUN, a Big Ten title and a trip to the Rose Bowl. 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Oklahoma #4... Ohio State in the Rose Bowl vs Washington I would guess. 

I know some might be disappointed, but I can never get too upset with a Buckeyes season that results in a win vs TTUN, a Big Ten title and a trip to the Rose Bowl. 

Disappointing but can't lose by a million to a lousy Purdue team and make the playoff unfortunately.    The positive side for me is I might just go to the game since OSU is in the Rose Bowl.

13 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Disappointing but can't lose by a million to a lousy Purdue team and make the playoff unfortunately.    The positive side for me is I might just go to the game since OSU is in the Rose Bowl.

Except for that D'OH moment the BUCKEYES would be the #2 or 3 seed right now. And the BIG TEN shutout again. Finally an 8 team playoff??? Both OSU and m woul have made that.

Still 12-1 and a good shot at a W in the Rose Bowl is an excellent season.

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

As I continue to hear how wonderful the SEC is - I often wonder if ANY of their fans realize how much more frequently Nick Saban was challenged as a Head Coach in the Big 10 than he is in the Cakewalk Comfort Zone Sequel he never wants to leave.  He only had 1 season in the Big 10 with just 2 losses while all the rest were 4-6 losses further splaining why he couldn't get to LSU fast enough for the ideal change of fate op. Teams like Georgia are the reason WHY he never wants to leave his gig in Alabama today!  Working with a 14 point lead, they had a chance to go up by 17 with a chip shot FG.  Their kicker that allegedly never misses just so happened to miss.  And then a QB that was benched for an inability to hit the broad side of a barn in the passing game went a perfect 5 for 5 on 3rd downs vrs a defense that was stopping Bama's BETTER passer for all of the quarters leading up to the one that mattered most.  In the process, Fromm got cold too.  Bottom line: They CHOKED!  Why reward that when you're asking several different conferences full of fans paying $ to see their teams compete to win Conference Championships to get a shot at the Final 4.

So guess who was crying right after the game that they deserve the chance to play Alabama more than anyone else?   If you deserved the chance to be considered a CHAMPION - you would have WON your Championship.  Winners win and whiners whine. Just out of curiosity, what has Georgia ever won?  They even gagged in the big game when they had Herschel Walker.  

I'll be the first to admit I'm reluctant to want to see Ohio State show up to another Final 4 after seeing a team with way more NFL prospects on it lose 35-0 to Clemson.  Then all the Big 10 sucks nonsense starts almost as if Zeke Elliott isn't still scoring TDs on that Bama defense that was allegedly supposed to stifle them.  My take on this year's Ohio State team is why not relish what Urban Meyer did with an imperfect team going 12-1 than let Bama or Clemson exploit the OSU LBer Corps and other deficiencies.  Just my opinion; but I think one of those coaches will have the ability to Re-Purdue them with better talent than Purdue had.  I'm fine with Oklahoma or even the 2nd consecutive undefeated UCF program (that beat 2 SEC teams last year inclusive of the Auburn team that beat Bama).  UCF now has the largest enrollment of any DI program in the country so their sudden rise to #1 in the state of Florida isn't any accident.  I know this seems strange from someone that is supposed to be an OSU fan but I've seen their defense make 1 week superstars out of too many RBs this year to be comfortable putting that in front of Bama or Clemson again.  Hey, it's way more honest than Georgia pretending they're not going to get paralyzed with stage fright in the 4th Quarter again. 

I was thinking the same thing earlier ....I have had Georgia on my mind all day

42 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

As an OU fan I thought it was a coin toss between OU & OSU but a 2 loss Georgia needed to be on the outside looking in.

I'm fine with the decision. 

You can't get rolled by Purdue and expect a team who lost a close game to Texas to get hosed to let you into the playoffs. 

6 hours ago, Flugel said:

georgia blew it again....kirby not so smart calls for a fake punt.....stupid stupid stupid.......ayeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

6 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

From (very much) the outside looking in, the whole thing seems flawed to me

What's the point of UCF even playing a game if they can't get in after the run they've had

They're still going to play a new years day bowl game and that will make the program a shit ton of money and exposure.   I think though the playoffs should be expanded to 8, just for the fun of seeing a team like UCF get their shot.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I assume this was put on the Pro Football Board because of the SEC West being Pro and not college. LOLOL!🤣

Yeah, slow news day but UCF, really? Like the old Boise State that might win one big game and want in with the P5 teams. JUST LOOK....,,

Regular Season
DATE OPPONENT RESULT W-L (CONF) HI PASS HI RUSH HI REC
Thu, Aug 30 W56-17 1-0 (1-0) Milton 346 Mack Jr. 70 Nixon 101
Sat, Sep 8 W38-0 2-0 (1-0) Milton 243 Killins Jr. 89 Davis 111
Sat, Sep 15 CANCELED
Fri, Sep 21 W56-36 3-0 (1-0) Milton 306 Milton 81 Davis 91
Sat, Sep 29 W45-14 4-0 (1-0) Milton 328 McCrae 64 Killins Jr. 140
Sat, Oct 6
vsSMUSMU
W48-20 5-0 (2-0) Milton 278 Killins Jr. 113 Nixon 97
Sat, Oct 13 W31-30 6-0 (3-0) Milton 296 McGowan 81 Davis 128
Sat, Oct 20 W37-10 7-0 (4-0) Mack Jr. 69 Mack Jr. 120 Killins Jr. 38
Thu, Nov 1
vsTempleTemple
W52-40 8-0 (5-0) Milton 312 McCrae 188 Davis 63
Sat, Nov 10
vsNavyNavy
W35-24 9-0 (6-0) Milton 200 McCrae 101 Snelson 72
Sat, Nov 17
vsCincinnati24 Cincinnati
W38-13 10-0 (7-0) Milton 268 McGowan 50 Nixon 83
Fri, Nov 23 W38-10 11-0 (8-0) Milton 86 McCrae 181 Davis 69
Sat, Dec 1 W56-41 12-0 (8-0) Mack Jr. 348 McCrae 206 Snelson 120

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

They're still going to play a new years day bowl game and that will make the program a shit ton of money and exposure.   I think though the playoffs should be expanded to 8, just for the fun of seeing a team like UCF get their shot.

Yeah now that I could go for #8 UCF vs #1 ALA or CLEM or ND.  :o

Splat!

.......oh edit add, I'm all for an 8 team playoff.

If anyone wants more information on this just see the COLLEGE FORUM.

And bowls? From SB Nation.......

First, the College Football Playoff

• Orange (Miami): No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 Oklahoma
  • Cotton (Arlington, Texas): No. 2 Clemson vs. No. 3 Notre Dame
  • Championship (Santa Clara, California): No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 2 Clemson

Next: the rest of the New Year’s Six

Automatic bids:

• Rose (Pasadena, California): Ohio State vs. Washington
  • Sugar (New Orleans): Texas vs. Georgia

Thanks to the rankings up top, these are all essentially booked.

At-large bids:

• Peach (Atlanta): Florida vs. Michigan
  • Fiesta (Glendale, Arizona): LSU vs. UCF

Just now, mjp28 said:

If anyone wants more information on this just see the COLLEGE FORUM.

And bowls? From SB Nation.......

First, the College Football Playoff

• Orange (Miami): No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 Oklahoma
  • Cotton (Arlington, Texas): No. 2 Clemson vs. No. 3 Notre Dame
  • Championship (Santa Clara, California): No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 2 Clemson

Next: the rest of the New Year’s Six

Automatic bids:

• Rose (Pasadena, California): Ohio State vs. Washington
  • Sugar (New Orleans): Texas vs. Georgia

Thanks to the rankings up top, these are all essentially booked.

At-large bids:

• Peach (Atlanta): Florida vs. Michigan
  • Fiesta (Glendale, Arizona): LSU vs. UCF

Texas is in real trouble in NO. They have no idea how Georgia will try to play keepaway with those two great backs Holyfield (Evander's son) and Swift. And their defense knocked Bama's QB out of the game and what does Texas have? A QB that thinks he should be a RB half the time. Our best friends are UT grads and are going to the game, but even they are saying, "Oh shit!"

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Texas is in real trouble in NO. They have no idea how Georgia will try to play keepaway with those two great backs Holyfield (Evander's son) and Swift. And their defense knocked Bama's QB out of the game and what does Texas have? A QB that thinks he should be a RB half the time. Our best friends are UT grads and are going to the game, but even they are saying, "Oh shit!"

I love college football and of course bowl season.

Plus the ARMY/NAVY game a true game. ;)

Nothing special about the SEC - they only have to be "up" for 2-4 games a season depending on who's relatively good that year.  All their out-of-conference games are either directional state schools or division 2 military academies.  If you're guaranteed either 3 or 4 wins each season and so you only have to win 2 out of the final 7 to be bowl-eligible of course they "look" good on paper.

They recruit exactly the same people as everyone else.. nothing magical about them other than the ESPN bl$wjob$.

8 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Nothing special about the SEC - they only have to be "up" for 2-4 games a season depending on who's relatively good that year.  All their out-of-conference games are either directional state schools or division 2 military academies.  If you're guaranteed either 3 or 4 wins each season and so you only have to win 2 out of the final 7 to be bowl-eligible of course they "look" good on paper.

They recruit exactly the same people as everyone else.. nothing magical about them other than the ESPN bl$wjob$.

Maybe you should tell that to NFL scouts who keep loading up on SEC players.

BTY  Directional School #2 Clemson  28  --  Texas A&M  26.

Meanwhile OSU goes 3-0 against 2-10 OreST,  1-11 Rutgers and  6-6 Tulane, the latter two at home.

Every team puts a couple of easy games on the schedule to pad it while getting ready for the tough schedule in respective conferences.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Meanwhile OSU goes 3-0 against 2-10 OreST,  1-11 Rutgers and  6-6 Tulane, the latter two at home.

Every team puts a couple of easy games on the schedule to pad it while getting ready for the tough schedule in respective conferences.

How does a 2 loss Georgia team stay in the top 5?

I’ll take a guess and call it SEC bias.

6 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I’m going to guess all 12 games were played in SEC country.

SEC...there’s no place like home.

And that is heavily weighted at the top.

2017 Alabama CFP <----  5 of last 9?
2016 Clemson CFP
2015 Alabama CFP
2014 Ohio State CFP
2013 Florida State BCS
2012 Alabama BCS
2011 Alabama BCS
2010 Auburn BCS
2009 Alabama BCS

17 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I’m going to guess all 12 games were played in SEC country.

SEC...there’s no place like home.

And you would be wrong.

2006-----Arizona

2007-----NO

2008----Miami

2009----Calif.

2010----Arizona

2011----NO

2012----Miami 

2013----Calif.

2014----Dallas

2015----Arizona

2016----Tampa

2017----Atlanta

What do they all have in common?  Warmer weather in Jan. or Domes.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

That is a must for any playoff, bowl, National Championship, big winter conventions, whatever CLE should have looked into it decades ago like MIL, DET, MIN etc.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And you would be wrong.

2006-----Arizona

2007-----NO

2008----Miami

2009----Calif.

2010----Arizona

2011----NO

2012----Miami 

2013----Calif.

2014----Dallas

2015----Arizona

2016----Tampa

2017----Atlanta

What do they have in common?

7 out of 12 are in SEC country...and ZERO are north of the Mason Dixon Line.

Domes aren’t only found in the south Tex.

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Teams put a couple cupcakes SEC puts three or four.  And the only reason the SEC gets teams ranked is because they have so many wins over so many cupcakes. 

Archived