THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns at Texans gameday thread

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping we are on the verge of a Kosar-era run of contention.

This team now reminds me of the Browns in the second half of 1984 and the 1985 season. They've moved on from the nightmare of seasons past (the '84 team started 1-7 resulting in Sam Rutigliano getting fired) and can play with almost everyone, but are still thin in spots, which gets exposed against top-tier teams. The Browns kept adding talent and in 1986 they became a Super Bowl contender. 

If I'm right, we'll still have days like this coming up, but better days are on the horizon, gentlemen. 

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The fact of the matter is that Kitchens did not try to throw into well covered WRs like Baker was doing in the first half. That was on Baker. He was trying to hit it through windows that were not even there.

While it is true that a seasoned qb wouldnt have thrown some of those passes, its also invumbent on an OC to recognize his rookie qb is getting gamed.

15 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

While it is true that a seasoned qb wouldnt have thrown some of those passes, its also invumbent on an OC to recognize his rookie qb is getting gamed.

Baker took responsibility for not getting the ball out earlier on those throws and says they didn't really have to change the game plan, that he just needed to execute it better which he did in the second half. He took full responsibility for not getting the passes intercepted out on time as is called for.

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Baker took responsibility for not getting the ball out earlier on those throws and says they didn't really have to change the game plan, that he just needed to execute it better which he did in the second half. He took full responsibility for not getting the passes intercepted out on time as is called for.

I thought the issue was he was having to get the ball out faster because of the pressure, even the announcers remarjed on that. Th3 gameplan for the texans secondary was obviously jumping specific routes knowing that baker has to throw early. The 3rd interception tho, that was "all" on baker, he tried to force that one into the endzone. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

I thought the issue was he was having to get the ball out faster because of the pressure, even the announcers remarjed on that. Th3 gameplan for the texans secondary was obviously jumping specific routes knowing that baker has to throw early. The 3rd interception tho, that was "all" on baker, he tried to force that one into the endzone. 

Go watch the Baker presser on the 3rd page of this thread and then decide what you think.

24 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Go watch the Baker presser on the 3rd page of this thread and then decide what you think.

Ok justvwatched, maybe i have to go back and rewatch the picks cause it looked like he had gotten rid of the ball before the wr made his break....so it seemed to be in that correct timing window. 

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, let's get rid of Landry 6 catches for 103 yards. He sucks. Chubb had 31 yards rushing today, might as well dump him too. Fire Williams, fire everybody. Buy a clue dude, we flat got outclassed. So get real.  

I'm sure you were kidding me.

Sure, Lincoln Riley is the magic elixir that's going to turn us into a Super Bowl team. The penalties happened because we were playing a team with better talent. Ward goes out with a concussion, and Carrie gets called for holding two plays in a row. And Hopkins gets away with offensive pass interference on about every play.

Yeah, let's get rid of Landry 6 catches for 103 yards. He sucks. Chubb had 31 yards rushing today, might as well dump him too. Fire Williams, fire everybody. Buy a clue dude, we flat got outclassed. So get real.  

Sure, Lincoln Riley is the magic elixir that's going to turn us into a Super Bowl team. The penalties happened because we were playing a team with better talent. Ward goes out with a concussion, and Carrie gets called for holding two plays in a row. And Hopkins gets away with offensive pass interference on about every play.

so who do you want.....some old fart like arians or mccarthy....yeah right......i think riley would be a good fit...he's young sure, but what the hell...and as far as landry....how many td's does he have this yr....he is a loudmouth who thinks he is jerry rice...that is my issue with him....because he is just another mediocre wr in this league...

2 hours ago, browns52 said:

so who do you want.....some old fart like arians or mccarthy....yeah right......i think riley would be a good fit...he's young sure, but what the hell...and as far as landry....how many td's does he have this yr....he is a loudmouth who thinks he is jerry rice...that is my issue with him....because he is just another mediocre wr in this league...

And who you going to want in the likely event Riley doesn't want to leave Oklahoma?

Regarding Landry, he wasn't brought in here to be a #1 Julio Jones wr. That  was supposed to be Josh Gordon's job - until he screwed up again. He's the best possession reciever in the NFL, with great hands. Coming off a 0-16 season, we had to overpay for talent.

Or would you rather have a hands of stone Corey Coleman instead.

23 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And who you going to want in the likely event Riley doesn't want to leave Oklahoma?

Regarding Landry, he wasn't brought in here to be a #1 Julio Jones wr. That  was supposed to be Josh Gordon's job - until he screwed up again. He's the best possession reciever in the NFL, with great hands. Coming off a 0-16 season, we had to overpay for talent.

Or would you rather have a hands of stone Corey Coleman instead.

I thought Landry was nothing short of spectacular yesterday.  Like you said, we don't have that "Josh Gordon" type player, and if we did, Landry would be even better.  

9 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I thought Landry was nothing short of spectacular yesterday.  Like you said, we don't have that "Josh Gordon" type player, and if we did, Landry would be even better.  

Even when we had Josh Gordon, we barely ever had "that Josh Gordon type player".... 😣

4 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Did you see the one that Perriman hauled in? It was nice too, especially for a guy who's knock was bad hands. 

All that guy has done is catch every pass and block well down the field. I like him. 

Archived