THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns at Texans gameday thread

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

This ones on the OC. Needed to.realize houston came prepped on certain looks.

Yea and lots of holding. Houston is really good up front. That Callaway touchdown with 10 minutes left would have made it interesting. But Robinson got beat in 1.5 seconds and held.

11 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Yea and lots of holding. Houston is really good up front. That Callaway touchdown with 10 minutes left would have made it interesting. But Robinson got beat in 1.5 seconds and held.

Yeah baker wouldnt have gotten that throw off if not fir that hold, but then calloway coughing the ball up at the 1 two plays later.........i havent screamed like that since kizers bed shitting at the end of last season

54 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

This ones on the OC. Needed to.realize houston came prepped on certain looks.

again, i think i mentioned this to you a while ago and you agreed......we are one of the most penalized teams in the nfl...we always are it seems...until there is some fucking discipline, we ain't going to win shit.....even with baker at qb.....i see no change with williams as the hc....i hope we go after the oklahoma coach....maybe he can do something about it....

Unfortunately, our offense sputtered away the first half and did not help the 31st ranked defense by turning the ball over.

When Houston had the ball...they kept it 'til more points got put on the scoreboard.  

It was pretty much the day that we 'feared' it might be.  Still, we made it to December with a meaningful game.  That's substantial improvement....but a lot of changes are a commin'.

26 minutes ago, browns52 said:

again, i think i mentioned this to you a while ago and you agreed......we are one of the most penalized teams in the nfl...we always are it seems...until there is some fucking discipline, we ain't going to win shit.....even with baker at qb.....i see no change with williams as the hc....i hope we go after the oklahoma coach....maybe he can do something about it....

Sigh......yeah, cant argue

2 hours ago, browns52 said:

season over for 2018.....need to get better....need more impact players...get rid of fucking jarvis landry right away.....baker will get better...looks like another wait til next yr season...as always....but  i think the future looks good...oh and hire the coach from oklahoma....please.....

Yeah, let's get rid of Landry 6 catches for 103 yards. He sucks. Chubb had 31 yards rushing today, might as well dump him too. Fire Williams, fire everybody. Buy a clue dude, we flat got outclassed. So get real.  

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Yeah,  because that's what I'm saying lol 

Appreciate you admitting I'm right though. 

I'm sure you were kidding me.

13 minutes ago, browns52 said:

Sure, Lincoln Riley is the magic elixir that's going to turn us into a Super Bowl team. The penalties happened because we were playing a team with better talent. Ward goes out with a concussion, and Carrie gets called for holding two plays in a row. And Hopkins gets away with offensive pass interference on about every play.

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Sigh......yeah, cant argue

Sorry, it's great when we're winning, lose a game to a playoff level team playing at home, and all of a sudden, it's fire everybody. 

3 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

In my opinion, we have played 3 really great teams this year.  The LA (San Diego) Chargers, the Kansas City Chiefs, and the Houston Texans.  We will improve.  

I swear, some guys aren't going to be happy unless we're beating everyone by 30.

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I swear, some guys aren't going to be happy unless we're beating everyone by 30.

Yeah and same goes for the player evaluations, I guess social media is what it is, quick and OTT reactions

18 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, let's get rid of Landry 6 catches for 103 yards. He sucks. Chubb had 31 yards rushing today, might as well dump him too. Fire Williams, fire everybody. Buy a clue dude, we flat got outclassed. So get real.  

I'm sure you were kidding me.

Sure, Lincoln Riley is the magic elixir that's going to turn us into a Super Bowl team. The penalties happened because we were playing a team with better talent. Ward goes out with a concussion, and Carrie gets called for holding two plays in a row. And Hopkins gets away with offensive pass interference on about every play.

I have zero idea why you quoted me...?

1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

He did, but it was pretty weak. It was VERY weak actually. The defender didn't even do the "Hey ref, he's holding!" routine. They could have easily let it go, and the reason I'm pissed about it is because I saw a few that were much worse on the other team, and I don't remember it being called. 

19 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Sorry, it's great when we're winning, lose a game to a playoff level team playing at home, and all of a sudden, it's fire everybody. 

I was agreeing with the assessment on penalties, not that anybody should be firrd....well at least not yet. Its hard to argue tho that the discipline problems still persist even tho we fired 2/3rd of the coaches

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

This is on kitchens , the texans are obviously jumping certain routes and kitchens needs to stop running those

The fact of the matter is that Kitchens did not try to throw into well covered WRs like Baker was doing in the first half. That was on Baker. He was trying to hit it through windows that were not even there.

Archived