THE BROWNS BOARD

McCarthy?

Chicopee John

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Urban Meyer “retires” .....

I thought you were kidding. Urban really is retiring after the Rose Bowl. He's made enough in his coaching career to retire to broadcasting.

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I thought you were kidding. Urban really is retiring after the Rose Bowl. He's made enough in his coaching career to retire to broadcasting.

He did it before.

Lord knows though he's made enough to retire several times over......it's not the money. Will he return? Maybe, maybe not.

31 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Back to mccarthy, i wouldnt be horribly against it. Is he a def or offense guy? If he was offense and had a good deal to do with overseeing the passing game.....im all for it.

Might be one of the better oprions out there.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yea he is rich, but it ain’t always about $$.

I’m really just wishful thinking. I’ll admit I am homering out because my grandma’s cottage is in Ashtabula.

When I originally posted about Meyer, I was posing the question:

Is he a Browns fan?

I’d take Meyer to coach this young team for the next 3-5 years. 

2 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Yea he is rich, but it ain’t always about $$.

I’m really just wishful thinking. I’ll admit I am homering out because my grandma’s cottage is in Ashtabula.

When I originally posted about Meyer, I was posing the question:

Is he a Browns fan?

I’d take Meyer to coach this young team for the next 3-5 years. 

Meyer has a brain cyst that causes severe migraines under stress. I can understand why he is retiring but as an Ohio State fan I hate to see him leave.  Barring some medical breakthrough I doubt if he coaches again but my guess is he will probably work a less stressful job behind a microphone in the future.

5 hours ago, Chicopee John said:

OK I am watching the City documentary on Netflix and - since then - watch them.  A NY station replays all their games on Tuesday.

Of course, some teams - like City - have $$$Billions to spend.

They’re more of a mafia than a football club. They’re owned by a state the UAE and have circumvented all the fair play rules to ensure they stay at the top. See investigation below  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-exposed-bending-the-rules-to-the-tune-of-millions-a-1236346-amp.html

My club only really spends the money the club earns itself and has a team made up of mainly young English players. We’ve been very good for a few years but can never compete with the likes of Man City. Them and the likes of PSG and Chelsea have ruined the game unfortunately. It’s not a fair playing field at all. 

Apologies to the soccer haters for the above 😀

11 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

They’re more of a mafia than a football club. They’re owned by the state of Qatar and have circumvented all the fair play rules to ensure they stay at the top. See investigation below  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-exposed-bending-the-rules-to-the-tune-of-millions-a-1236346-amp.html

My club only really spends the money the club earns itself and has a team made up of mainly young English players. We’ve been very good for a few years but can never compete with the likes of Man City. Them and the likes of PSG and Chelsea have ruined the game unfortunately. It’s not a fair playing field at all. 

I feel for ya. Here in the states, major league baseball is the same way, another reason that I don't follow it much. The Yankees and similar teams have the resources to buy up all the top talent. 

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I feel for ya. Here in the states, major league baseball is the same way, another reason that I don't follow it much. The Yankees and similar teams have the resources to buy up all the top talent. 

Don’t get me wrong in the 80s early 90s we were a richer club than most and have bought players because of it but it was on a much lesser scale. We nearly went bust whereas City will neve run out of of cash.

On the above  note yesterday we tried to get tickets for the Red Sox Yankees here in London next year. Somehow there was none left and they’re mostly on resale sites  at inflated prices already. 

Is it a problem you have over there because we do with any events like this or concerts etc 

On 11/30/2018 at 6:11 PM, Chicopee John said:

Sorry if this has been beaten to death.  If so, I hope the Administer pulls this post or - at least - merges with an ongoing dialogue.

Who will be the next Browns' coach?

Although it seems that the current guy has a good chance of getting the full-time gig, Dorsey has lots of contacts across the league (Green Bay, Seattle, Kansas City).

Given his success with putting points on the board - i.e. giving Mayfield what he needs to become a premier NFL QB - his experience in cold weather, AND his Green Bay roots with Dorsey), I believe Mike McCarthy will be given strong consideration for the HC position.

Opening up myself to lost of criticisms, etc. I state the Mike McCarthy - assuming he leaves GB - should be the next Browns HC.

Let's start (or continue) a discussion.

noooooooooooooooo.

7 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Back to mccarthy, i wouldnt be horribly against it. Is he a def or offense guy? If he was offense and had a good deal to do with overseeing the passing game.....im all for it.

i don't know.....he seemed to be heading in a downward spiral....i'd look around a little longer to see what other options exist....

10 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Urban Meyer “retires” .....

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Meyer has a brain cyst that causes severe migraines under stress. I can understand why he is retiring but as an Ohio State fan I hate to see him leave.  Barring some medical breakthrough I doubt if he coaches again but my guess is he will probably work a less stressful job behind a microphone in the future.

I think he'd suck behind a mic... really boring style.

Given Urban's failed previous retirement this thought crossed my mind today...

Urban Myers : Browns Special Teams Coordinator/ Asst. Head Coach

You know he loves his STs and keeping him a step removed from HC should take enough pressure off of him without him completely leaving the game.

10 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

They’re more of a mafia than a football club. They’re owned by a state the UAE and have circumvented all the fair play rules to ensure they stay at the top. See investigation below  

I don't have time to read right now, but I will.  Thanks for sending.

13 hours ago, VikingDawg said:

How about not just no but hell no to Urban Quitter having anything at all to do with the Browns. The dude is a quitter and a scumbag. 

After how many elusive and extremely diffucult to obtain NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS, BIG TEN conference championships, 7-0 vs Michigan, best W/L record of ALL coaches in his era.....anything else?

Quitter and scumbag? Oh yeah that's close. Thanks Urban for a terrific run.

GO BUCKEYES, carry on it will be tough.....maybe start out with a rose bowl win and another Heisman?  ;)

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

GO BUCKEYES, carry on it will be tough.....maybe start out with a rose bowl win and another Heisman?  ;)

Started today with a couple of blue-chippers rescinding their letters of intention to be Buckeyes.

While I get that some choose based upon "the coach", I think OSU will be in good hands with Ryan Day.

51 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

What's Urbans dick taste like, exactly? Probably tastes like the sliver of his wifebeating betacuck assistant coach I presume? 

Certified OSU hatah?   

Viking- Minnesota? When's the last time they beat Ohio State?  

55 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

While his loser beta male assistants beat the hell out of their wives like cowards and while he continually recruits low intelligence gang banging criminal trash every stop he has ever been, including a murderous dirtbag. Wow, what a great guy to defend and look up to. He turned Ohio State into a criminal filled fukking joke like Florida, congrats. 

Pot, meet kettle. Can we talk about Nick Saban recruiting the likes of Ruben Foster? 

Yeah, every top program recruits the type of guys you're talking about. Guess you can add Oklahoma's classy Joe Mixon to the list, for cold cocking and breaking that chick's jaw.  Care to bet me the Notre Dame Holy Rollers are going to get smoked by the Clemson thugs? 

20 minutes ago, D Bone said:

What was his record when Rodgers didn't play? I'm guessing that winning % is what the Browns should expect from him. 

And Rodgers played hurt all year, brace and all plus the team did have it's injuries.....welcome to pro football  can the coach.

On 12/5/2018 at 1:35 AM, LondonBrown said:

You think you have it bad.  Trying supporting Crystal Palace for 40 odd years. :(

On 12/4/2018 at 8:50 PM, hoorta said:

Yep, and yet smaller markets have been flourishing. It’s just that larger markets have more fools with money. $200 regular season ticket prices at yankme games? They get it too. Like pt Barnum said about fools with money. 

McCarthy I’m in. He shot the the top the beating line after he was fired.  Let’s remember he did develop Rodgers and Rodgers was good till he stopped listening to McCarthy.  Plus he would be stable for the organization a coach who will be there for a long time.  I am in. 

16 hours ago, VikingDawg said:

While his loser beta male assistants beat the hell out of their wives like cowards and while he continually recruits low intelligence gang banging criminal trash every stop he has ever been, including a murderous dirtbag. Wow, what a great guy to defend and look up to. He turned Ohio State into a criminal filled fukking joke like Florida, congrats. 

What players have been crimibals under his tenure? And he's git a brain cyst u did read that right? U would lying in the tent unresponsive from those migraines. He'scbeen dealing with them for years

Archived