THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump appeals to men secretly insecure about their manhood

cccjwh

6 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

So it’s okay to mock the Christian guy’s faith, but once someone challenges an atheist’s talking point they double down on the insults?

The hypocrisy is laughable.

"Challenges" the talking point? In what way? There was no challenge made against it...

You can say it is impossible to prove there is a God just like it is impossible to prove there isn't one. 

That doesn't mean Noah's ark is now just as credible as evolution. That doesn't mean a 6000 year old earth is just as valid as a much older one.

That doesn't make faith just as valid as science

You can attempt to mock and "challenge" all you want. There is no hypocrisy there. Just a case of false equivalencies on the faith side

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The little hamster represents the atheist who doesn't have the science to back up what he believes arguing with a Christian who is going by faith...neither can prove their case and it is a fools errand to try....I'm done with the Christian refugee thing but you can take it as win if it makes you feel better...I'm not wasting any more time on it

Ha, of course you are. Because it shatters your whole narrative that Trump is some Christian God send and that Obama actively barred Christians. 

Usually when people are presented evidence that they're wrong they admit it. But you're a hardcore Christian. You believe Noah's ark is a true story. Of course actual evidence isn't going to sway you. You're whole life is just rejecting evidence you don't agree with. 

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Ha, of course you are. Because it shatters your whole narrative that Trump is some Christian God send and that Obama actively barred Christians. 

Usually when people are presented evidence that they're wrong they admit it. But you're a hardcore Christian. You believe Noah's ark is a true story. Of course actual evidence isn't going to sway you. You're whole life is just rejecting evidence you don't agree with. 

Hardcore to the bone Christian...love it..thanks.

I like what this former atheist has to say:

Former atheist Lee Strobel, has commented, “Essentially, I realized that to stay an atheist, I would have to believe that nothing produces everything; non-life produces life; randomness produces fine-tuning; chaos produces information; unconsciousness produces consciousness; and non-reason produces reason. Those leaps of faith were simply too big for me to take, especially in light of the affirmative case for God's existence … In other words, in my assessment the Christian worldview accounted for the totality of the evidence much better than the atheistic worldview.”

I really have no idea why you keep going on about atheists.... but alright. No one has been arguing there is no God. Not in this thread as far as I can tell...

But again, at the heart of the issue, you're equating blind Faith to actual science. 

Hey, look on the bright side, maybe by now Trump has let in a 4th Syrian Christian refugee. 

2 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

In all fairness Old, that doesn't mean that the bible is fact.  It means there is a higher power.  

Once you get to believing in a higher power though there are questions you can ask:

If an eternal Creator exists what kind of Creator is He? Can we infer things about Him from what He created? In other words, can we understand the cause by its effects? The answer to this is yes, we can, with the following characteristics being surmised: 

• He must be supernatural in nature (as He created time and space).
• He must be powerful (exceedingly). 
• He must be eternal (self-existent).
• He must be omnipresent (He created space and is not limited by it).
• He must be timeless and changeless (He created time). 
• He must be immaterial because He transcends space/physical.
• He must be personal (the impersonal cannot create personality). 
• He must be infinite and singular as you cannot have two infinites. 
• He must be diverse yet have unity as unity and diversity exist in nature.
• He must be intelligent (supremely). Only cognitive being can produce cognitive being. 
• He must be purposeful as He deliberately created everything.
• He must be moral (no moral law can be had without a giver). 
• He must be caring (or no moral laws would have been given).

These things being true, we now ask if any religion in the world describes such a Creator. The answer to this is yes: the God of the Bible fits this profile perfectly. He is supernatural (Genesis 1:1), powerful (Jeremiah 32:17), eternal (Psalm 90:2), omnipresent (Psalm 139:7), timeless/changeless (Malachi 3:6), immaterial (John 5:24), personal (Genesis 3:9), necessary (Colossians 1:17), infinite/singular (Jeremiah 23:24, Deuteronomy 6:4), diverse yet with unity (Matthew 28:19), intelligent (Psalm 147:4-5), purposeful (Jeremiah 29:11), moral (Daniel 9:14), and caring (1 Peter 5:6-7). 

14 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You can say it is impossible to prove there is a God just like it is impossible to prove there isn't one. 

Pretty much sums up the gist of my post.

I can’t prove nothing exploded eons ago, and I can’t prove it didn’t.

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Hey, look on the bright side, maybe by now Trump has let in a 4th Syrian Christian refugee. 

We knew Obama wouldn’t have done it.

23 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Pretty much sums up the gist of my post.

I can’t prove nothing exploded eons ago, and I can’t prove it didn’t.

We knew Obama wouldn’t have done it.

You can still continue to look for answers though, instead of thinking a very old book got it right. You can also find actual evidence in support of one. Finally, saying you can't prove there isn't a god isn't the same as saying you can't prove how the universe existed. That is the exact mistake being made repeatedly in this thread. 

You must have not been reading through this thread. I've posted data showing that Obama let in more Christian refugees than Trump, especially from Syria. Even that Bush let in more Muslims than Christians more than Obama did. It was at this point OBF ignored evidence and left so that he wouldn't have his narrative challenged. So..  you know... basically how he and people like him deal with anything against their religion. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

You can still continue to look for answers though, instead of thinking a very old book got it right. You can also find actual evidence in support of one. Finally, saying you can't prove there isn't a god isn't the same as saying you can't prove how the universe existed. That is the exact mistake being made repeatedly in this thread. 

You must have not been reading through this thread. I've posted data showing that Obama let in more Christian refugees than Trump, especially from Syria. Even that Bush let in more Muslims than Christians more than Obama did. It was at this point OBF ignored evidence and left so that he wouldn't have his narrative challenged. So..  you know... basically how he and people like him deal with anything against their religion. 

From an article I posted pages of reasons why Christians supported Trump. You zeroed in on this paragraph:

"In a related vein, he’s reversed the Obama policy which seemed to work overtime to keep Christian refugees fleeing slaughter from coming to the United States. According to a Pew Research Center analysis, within the first few months of his administration, more Christian than Muslim refugees were admitted." 

I was defending the integrity of the article as I believe the above paragraph was true at the time (last year). In the article it was critical of Obama for not even bothering to make a simple fix to policy that prevented thousands of Christians being persecuted from ISIS to immigrate here. The article also quoted Pew research at the time that Trump had reversed the trend and now more Christians than Muslims refugees were admitted.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/07/12/in-first-months-of-trump-presidency-christians-account-for-growing-share-of-u-s-refugee-arrivals/

https://www.cfr.org/blog/united-states-bars-christian-not-muslim-refugees-syria

Now as to the updates and figures you state I am not challenging them but what I am saying is the article I posted was a good faith accurate assessment at the time and particularly the above paragraph was a true assessment.

Archived