THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump appeals to men secretly insecure about their manhood

cccjwh

17 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

But it doesn't make Noah's ark invalid either and that was his point...atheists arguing with believers and vice versa over things neither can prove or disprove is a fools errand. 

Sure, but decades upon decades of science, date, tests, etc show that Noah's ark is invalid... 

Again, god of the gaps basically.

It is a massive logical fallacy to say that, because you can't prove there is a god just like you can't prove there isn't one, than all religious and non religious believes are all equally valid

But I'm going down the hole of logic and critical thinking with you and I know where it ends. Those aren't anything you're going to pick up soon when it comes to religion. Any part of your brain dedicated to critical thinking turns off when Jesus is involved. This back and forth is just  the latest example.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

From the article:

Is the title of this blog an overstatement, suggesting that the United States "bars" Christian refugees from Syria? Sure, in that we do not and could not legally ban Christian refugees any more than we could or should bar Muslim refugees. But when you have been running a refugee program for years, and you have accepted 10,612 Sunni refugees and 56 Christians, and it is obvious why and obvious how to fix it, and nothing is done to fix it, well, the results speak more loudly than speeches, laws, intentions, or excuses. In effect we make it almost impossible for Christian refugees to get here.

So I’ll stick with that title. And I agree with Nina Shea: “This is de facto discrimination and a gross injustice.” Hats off to Senator Cotton for seeing it for what it is, and suggesting a viable solution. His bill would bring this shameful practice to an end and save the lives of many Syrian Christians.

We aren't "baring" Christians. This is also just from Syria. And there are more systemic problems at play, that aren't on the US. Has Trump brought more Christian Syrians? I really don't know. 

I looked it up

https://www.christianpost.com/news/only-10-christian-refugees-from-iraq-and-syria-admitted-to-us-in-2018-evangelicals-respond-225161/

Article from The Christian Post. According to their article, only 3 christian refugees came from Syria half way through 2018.... 3

So maybe Trump isn't such a great super Christian loving president? He's bringing in less Christians overall than Obama. Hell, the article you keep pointing two uses 56 as a number to show we were "barring" Christians from entering... Trump was at 3 total from Syria half way through the year. What do you say to that?

and I see you're refusing respond to the points I made regarding less Christians coming in and Republican presidents. Or really any of the points made in the Pew article that you didn't read. Or at least didn't follow. 

13 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Sure, but decades upon decades of science, date, tests, etc show that Noah's ark is invalid... 

Again, god of the gaps basically.

It is a massive logical fallacy to say that, because you can't prove there is a god just like you can't prove there isn't one, than all religious and non religious believes are all equally valid

But I'm going down the hole of logic and critical thinking with you and I know where it ends. Those aren't anything you're going to pick up soon when it comes to religion. Any part of your brain dedicated to critical thinking turns off when Jesus is involved. This back and forth is just  the latest example.

S

Whose god? The theological response to the god-of-the-gaps

https://creation.com/whose-god-the-theological-response-to-the-god-of-the-gaps

6 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I wonder if CCJWH is mz the pussy the pussy returned?

THAT makes a lot of sense.

Good bet.

CCCJWH = mz the pussy the pussy who can't figure out his/her/? gender to post it in their profile.

Dec 10, 2012 - The story of Noah's Ark and the Great Flood is one of the most ... to a controversial theory proposed by two Columbia University scientists, there ...

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

We aren't "baring" Christians. This is also just from Syria. And there are more systemic problems at play, that aren't on the US. Has Trump brought more Christian Syrians? I really don't know. 

I looked it up

https://www.christianpost.com/news/only-10-christian-refugees-from-iraq-and-syria-admitted-to-us-in-2018-evangelicals-respond-225161/

Article from The Christian Post. According to their article, only 3 christian refugees came from Syria half way through 2018.... 3

So maybe Trump isn't such a great super Christian loving president? He's bringing in less Christians overall than Obama. Hell, the article you keep pointing two uses 56 as a number to show we were "barring" Christians from entering... Trump was at 3 total from Syria half way through the year. What do you say to that?

and I see you're refusing respond to the points I made regarding less Christians coming in and Republican presidents. Or really any of the points made in the Pew article that you didn't read. Or at least didn't follow. 

Lets just stick with the article I posted:

"In a related vein, he’s reversed the Obama policy which seemed to work overtime to keep Christian refugees fleeing slaughter from coming to the United States. According to a Pew Research Center analysis, within the first few months of his administration, more Christian than Muslim refugees were admitted. "

Let's stay with the time period the article was talking about. The pew research was directed at that period of time of the first few months of the Trump administration..it is not about Bush years or the new pew research and the direction you went with it...the article was directed during the Obama years when only .05 percent of Syrian Christians were allowed to immigrate here and comparing it with the first few months of the Trump administration. The author says himself "is saying Christians were barred was an overstatement" and then answers the question saying they were effectively barred when there was a remedy which the Obama administration never sought.

Is the title of this blog an overstatement, suggesting that the United States "bars" Christian refugees from Syria? Sure, in that we do not and could not legally ban Christian refugees any more than we could or should bar Muslim refugees. But when you have been running a refugee program for years, and you have accepted 10,612 Sunni refugees and 56 Christians, and it is obvious why and obvious how to fix it, and nothing is done to fix it, well, the results speak more loudly than speeches, laws, intentions, or excuses. In effect we make it almost impossible for Christian refugees to get here.

So I’ll stick with that title. And I agree with Nina Shea: “This is de facto discrimination and a gross injustice.” 

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Did you read the article, or just like the title so you posted it?

Read through some of it.

Careful though. You don't want to cut yourself on that edge

Read up on the author as well as his hairbrain theories. Not the guy who's corner I want to fall into.

If you read what I posted before linking the article what did I say? I said don't let the title fool you he comes down on both sides of the debate. I read through all of the article without even a paper cut. You can read something and have a few take aways  from an article and not agree with everything being said. My takeaway from that article was since neither side of the debate, neither the atheist or the believer can prove their position it seems silly to get into debates over it. 

As for his hairbrain theories I don't know enough about him but I read where he has his defenders as well. I'm sure he didn't win friends and influence atheists with some of his comments but he was pretty scathing as well towards believers and in some ways I thought even more harsh towards my side. But no cuts and the reason is that is simply his opinion.

13 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I love how Democrats who don’t believe in God and Jesus are lecturing Republicans on what God and Jesus would say

What, pray tell, are you referring to? All Democrats or just a person or two who happen to be Democrats that are non-believers? If it's the former then you are way off base.

13 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Pointing out that you guys are fake Christian is just too easy. You want the eternal life, but don't want to be bother with living like you are supposed to. I know more about your religion then you do, which tells everyone how important it is to you. That you have to be believer to understand the bible is blatantly stupid. But posting a meme with the fallacy sure beats talking about the verses that you ignore. 

The bible itself contradicts your statement that you do not have to be a believer to understand the bible:

But the natural man (unbeliever)  receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. kjv 2 cor. 2;14

52 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

If you read what I posted before linking the article what did I say? I said don't let the title fool you he comes down on both sides of the debate. I read through all of the article without even a paper cut. You can read something and have a few take aways  from an article and not agree with everything being said. My takeaway from that article was since neither side of the debate, neither the atheist or the believer can prove their position it seems silly to get into debates over it. 

As for his hairbrain theories I don't know enough about him but I read where he has his defenders as well. I'm sure he didn't win friends and influence atheists with some of his comments but he was pretty scathing as well towards believers and in some ways I thought even more harsh towards my side. But no cuts and the reason is that is simply his opinion.

He has crazy theories about math let alone other subjects. 

Flat Earthers have defenders too...

You googled an article you could mindlessly copy and paste that makes the atheist look bad. You liked the title of this one. You read enough lines you agreed with so you posted. I'm sure you ignored anything going against your current beliefs.

11 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

He has crazy theories about math let alone other subjects. 

Flat Earthers have defenders too...

You googled an article you could mindlessly copy and paste that makes the atheist look bad. You liked the title of this one. You read enough lines you agreed with so you posted. I'm sure you ignored anything going against your current beliefs.

Actually I didn't Woody. I googled the article but I liked that article particularly because he was scathing to both sides...he was not kind to atheists but I don't know how you can read that article and not come away with his low opinion of believers in God.... but I don't get offended because that is just his opinion. What I came away with is science does not back up the atheist and the believer is relying on faith. 

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Lets just stick with the article I posted:

"In a related vein, he’s reversed the Obama policy which seemed to work overtime to keep Christian refugees fleeing slaughter from coming to the United States. According to a Pew Research Center analysis, within the first few months of his administration, more Christian than Muslim refugees were admitted. "

Let's stay with the time period the article was talking about. The pew research was directed at that period of time of the first few months of the Trump administration..it is not about Bush years or the new pew research and the direction you went with it...the article was directed during the Obama years when only .05 percent of Syrian Christians were allowed to immigrate here and comparing it with the first few months of the Trump administration. The author says himself "is saying Christians were barred was an overstatement" and then answers the question saying they were effectively barred when there was a remedy which the Obama administration never sought.

So I’ll stick with that title. And I agree with Nina Shea: “This is de facto discrimination and a gross injustice.” 

You're either choosing to not follow along or you have the inability to. Anything past parroting the content of an article you know you already agree with these to be an issue. 

I AM talking about the article you posted. You posted two. The second was from Pew. This article said more Christians were admitted than Muslims in the first months of Trump's presidency. You (or more likely some eight wing site you read) took this to mean Trump is #1 Christian president. But like damn near everything else on here, a deeper dive into the data tells another story. 

So no, don't say "well let's just like at this tiny data set" and then only get the one,false conclusion you want from it. 

- You're saying the US under Obama barred Christians from Syria from entering because only 56 refugees entered (under some unspecified length of time). In the first half of 2018 Trump has let in THREE. 

- In only one year as president, 2016, did more Muslim refugees enter the US than Christians under Obama. The other 7 years more Christians did. There were TWO years under Bush where more Muslims came in than Christians. 

- Under Trump we're letting in less Christian refugees than we were under Obama.

These points are all from Pew and that Christian Post article.

Are you going to continue to ignore them because they don't fit your narrative?

Trump doesn't give a shit about Christians. He's a conman that just wants your vote. 

I'm thinking that Mueller has something big against Trump, and that it will be revealed in January.  The Democratic Congress will vote to impeach.  The Senate, depending on the gravity of information from Mueller may or may not decide to remove from office.  It would have to be something really big to do so.

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Sorry, is that meant to be a selling point? 

That Negroes get elected in predominantly black areas?

WSS

Ur assertion is that democrats dont really care about these minority groups they just pander to them. I can furnish u a list of elected officials that satisfy one or more of these aforementioned minority identifications......which letter do u think will be predominant on that list?

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Ur assertion is that democrats dont really care about these minority groups they just pander to them. 

That's exactly what I am asserting. No more or less than Trump cares about the religious right. Wasn't that clear?

Window dressing and Bs that hasn't really bit of any real benefit at the end of the day.

WSS

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

That's exactly what I am asserting. 

And im trying to explain to u that elected members in the house and senate means that democrats do more than pander. They've actively voted in, fir example, hispanics....and gasp....female hispanics. Seems a bit more than pandering going on eh?

14 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

But it doesn't make Noah's ark invalid either and that was his point...atheists arguing with believers and vice versa over things neither can prove or disprove is a fools errand. 

Noah's ark is invalid because without magic the story is not possible. So once you prove magic can happen, then your can says Noah's ark isn't invalid. 

2 hours ago, cccjwh said:

So once you prove magic can happen, then your can says Noah's ark isn't invalid. 

Magic? You mean like the “Big Bang theory”...where nothing explodes which created everything in the universe?

Please tell me more about this “magic” you believe in!

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Magic? You mean like the “Big Bang theory”...where nothing explodes which created everything in the universe?

Please tell me more about this “magic” you believe in!

Right, we don't fully understand the initial Creation of the universe, so a man putting two of every species of animal on a boat while the earth flooded is now viable ...

At least those scientists are still actively looking to understand more. Instead of being spoon fed ancient stories and just rolling with it.

9 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You're joking, right? That little hamster is the core of your belief system. "The Bible is the word of God" is a hamster going round and round.

Still no answer to my points about Christian refugees tho, huh?

The little hamster represents the atheist who doesn't have the science to back up what he believes arguing with a Christian who is going by faith...neither can prove their case and it is a fools errand to try....I'm done with the Christian refugee thing but you can take it as win if it makes you feel better...I'm not wasting any more time on it

21 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Right, we don't fully understand the initial Creation of the universe, so a man putting two of every species of animal on a boat while the earth flooded is now viable ...

At least those scientists are still actively looking to understand more. Instead of being spoon fed ancient stories and just rolling with it.

So it’s okay to mock the Christian guy’s faith, but once someone challenges an atheist’s talking point they double down on the insults?

The hypocrisy is laughable.

27 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The little hamster represents the atheist who doesn't have the science to back up what he believes arguing with a Christian who is going by faith...neither can prove their case and it is a fools errand to try....I'm done with the Christian refugee thing but you can take it as win if it makes you feel better...I'm not wasting any more time on it

H

Archived