THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump appeals to men secretly insecure about their manhood

cccjwh

For Christians concerned about protecting the unborn, President Trump offered several hopeful signs that he’s fighting for a culture of life.

• The first sign was the few hundred thousand abortion rights supporters in their kitty hats screaming their heads off in his backyard before he’d even unpacked. They know who their enemy is.
  • He’s gone after Planned Parenthood. In April, Trump signed a law taking aim at the abortion giant’s federal funding. Earlier this month, DOJ revealed it had launched a federal investigation into Planned Parenthood’s practices and the sale of fetal tissue. 
  • He went to court to stop pregnant teenage illegal immigrants in U.S. custody from having abortions. He hasn’t won any of the fights yet. Thus far, two girls that we know were able to get abortions, thanks to the efforts of the ACLU and willing judges. But pro-life believers can take heart that Trump fought for life over death. 
  • Finally, a three word change to an obscure HHS document may be the biggest and boldest move of the year for Trump. His administration is defining life as “beginning at conception.” The monumental act is tucked in the draft of an HHS strategic plan from March. “HHS accomplishes its mission through programs and initiatives that cover a wide spectrum of activities, serving and protecting Americans at every stage of life, beginning at conception.”  The Trump administration added the phrase “beginning at conception.” 

If the U.S. government says life begins at conception and its job is “serving and protecting Americans at every stage of life” then it has a duty to protect the unborn by any legal means necessary. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

President Trump’s smackdown of ISIS in Syria and Iraq (and elsewhere) is more than just a military victory. It has brought relief to Christians in both countries from Islamic State’s genocide and terror. 

The proof is in the holiday pudding. For the first time in three years, Christian were able to celebrate Christmas in the regions of Iraq and Syria formerly under ISIS control. 

In a related vein, he’s reversed the Obama policy which seemed to work overtime to keep Christian refugees fleeing slaughter from coming to the United States. According to a Pew Research Center analysis, within the first few months of his administration, more Christian than Muslim refugees were admitted. 

He listens

This one strikes very close to home. Stream founder James Robison is on the President’s so-called “faith council.” This is a group of faith leaders who meet and talk collectively and privately with the President. They offer counsel, support, and yes, a good talking to when necessary.

During the campaign pundits said Trump was just using the evangelical leaders to land the evangelical vote. Even some of the leaders suspected that once Trump was elected they’d be dispatched as quickly as Obama tossed Oprah out of the loop in 2009. Swept away like confetti. However, that has not been the case. Trump doesn’t just give photo ops to these people. He listens.

In fact, go back to the campaign. James publicly stated he was no fan of Trump’s. He was friends with virtually every other candidate, knew them to be solid Christians. In fact, a couple of the nominees are like sons to James. And when those “sons,” Gov. Huckabee and Ben Carson, announced their support for Trump, it was if they had taken their inheritance and spent it on wild living. Yet both told James the same thing: “You’re not going to believe it, but this guy listens. He listens.

Carson’s endorsement of Trump was contingent on Trump meeting for an hour with James. With a bit of a grumble, Trump agreed. Also with a bit of grumble, but never one to pass up an opportunity to preach Christ to anyone, James agreed. James came back with the same assessment that has only grown over time: Trump listens. He is eager to hear the Word. The president wants to have Godly wisdom around him. He is humble and grateful for prayers. 

What’s this mean? It means, though some days it seems far from obvious, he is listening to Godly wisdom.

He and his administration openly pray and praise

No one is going to mistake Donald Trump for Billy Graham. Rev. Robison suggests Trump is more like the rough and tumble Peter who preached at Pentecost weeks after loping off a soldier’s ear with his sword. A work in progress, we might say. 

Yet, Trump’s words have gone beyond his enthusiasm for saying “Merry Christmas” or his stock line about Americans believing in God not government. Throughout the year, Trump has shown an openness to speak of God and his rightful role in shaping our nation. On behalf of all Americans he has called on God to bring healing to those hurt in our storms. He has spoken of the need to love one another. 

At the year’s final cabinet meeting he asked Carson to lead a prayer. He prayed with his cabinet at Camp David in the days of Hurricane Harvey and Irma. Vice President Pence says he and the President pray together before major decisions. 

Policy decisions are one thing. But what does it mean to have the Leader of the Free World and his cabinet pray and be humble? 

Psalms tells us “Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD” (Psalm 33:12)

5 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

President Trump’s smackdown of ISIS in Syria and Iraq (and elsewhere) is more than just a military victory. It has brought relief to Christians in both countries from Islamic State’s genocide and terror. 

The proof is in the holiday pudding. For the first time in three years, Christian were able to celebrate Christmas in the regions of Iraq and Syria formerly under ISIS control. 

In a related vein, he’s reversed the Obama policy which seemed to work overtime to keep Christian refugees fleeing slaughter from coming to the United States. According to a Pew Research Center analysis, within the first few months of his administration, more Christian than Muslim refugees were admitted. 

Unless you just want to use him as a blunt instrument to beat the so called centrists around here with, there will be no point.  He's here to spread the gospel of bad science.

7 hours ago, cccjwh said:

This explains so much about the TDIMS. Listening to the ones on this board sure does support the theory.

Research shows that many men feel pressure to look and behave in stereotypically masculine ways — or risk losing their status as “real men.” Masculine expectations are socialized from early childhood and can motivate men to embrace traditional male behaviors while avoiding even the hint of femininity. This unforgiving standard of maleness makes some men worry that they’re falling short. These men are said to experience “fragile masculinity.”

The political process provides a way that fragile men can reaffirm their masculinity. By supporting tough politicians and policies, men can reassure others (and themselves) of their own manliness. For example, sociologist Robb Willer has shown that men whose sense of masculinity was threatened increased their support for aggressive foreign policy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/11/29/how-donald-trump-appeals-to-men-secretly-insecure-about-their-manhood/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.cd367970005c

cccjwh translation:

"I'm posting anti American men masculinity whines because I's no insecure about what gender I am, I won't even post it on my profile on the Brownsboard"

2 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

Unless you just want to use him as a blunt instrument to beat the so called centrists around here with, there will be no point.  He's here to spread the gospel of bad science.

I was just making the point there are a whole lot of valid reasons why Christians supported Trump over Hillary Clinton.

Damn, somebody is trying to justify their support of a immoral piece of garbage. 

When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. (Leviticus 19:33-34)

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ (Matthew 25:25-36)

40 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

cccjwh translation:

"I'm posting anti American men masculinity whines because I's no insecure about what gender I am, I won't even post it on my profile on the Brownsboard"

"I's no insecure." 😀 You are worried about how other people raise their kids, Yo's insecure.

That you caring some much about my profile is kind of creepy. 

28 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Damn, somebody is trying to justify their support of a immoral piece of garbage. 

When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. (Leviticus 19:33-34)

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ (Matthew 25:25-36)

Which is why I am glad this country has opened it's doors to the world and has let millions of Legal immigrants to come in.  We are a nation of immigrants and this country has always welcomed legal immigration. The key word being legal. While we have those who tried to storm into the country illegally we have many wanting to immigrate here legally and are playing by the rules and waiting their turn. Those trying to storm in illegally are attempting to jump to the head of the line and leap frog over those who respect and obey our immigration laws.

What has come out though is that many in this caravan were shamefully lied to and some are heading back home:

"They are leaving because they were lied to by these border-free leftist groups who wanted to use them to create social angst over the US border. Schwartz, the reporter, says that many say they were told that they would be able to easily cross the border and that there were work programs that could help them get on their feet. The whole thing was a sham and thankfully Trump didn’t allow them to succeed with their plans to breach the border. 

https://therightscoop.com/msnbc-reporter-says-migrants-mob-starting-to-go-home-because-they-were-lied-to-about-the-border/

Pointing out that you guys are fake Christian is just too easy. You want the eternal life, but don't want to be bother with living like you are supposed to. I know more about your religion then you do, which tells everyone how important it is to you. That you have to be believer to understand the bible is blatantly stupid. But posting a meme with the fallacy sure beats talking about the verses that you ignore. 

2 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Pointing out that you guys are fake Christian is just too easy. You want the eternal life, but don't want to be bother with living like you are supposed to. I know more about your religion then you do, which tells everyone how important it is to you. That you have to be believer to understand the bible is blatantly stupid. But posting a meme with the fallacy sure beats talking about the verses that you ignore. 

Great...we’re getting a sermon from an atheist.

What’s next, getting instructions on how to fillet a salmon from a vegetarian?

4 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

I think it sums up the left pretty well.

WSS

4 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

In a related vein, he’s reversed the Obama policy which seemed to work overtime to keep Christian refugees fleeing slaughter from coming to the United States. According to a Pew Research Center analysis, within the first few months of his administration, more Christian than Muslim refugees were admitted

Couldn't that just be from reducing the number of Muslims coming into the US? Meaning this supposedly pro Christian point may really just be anti Muslim. 

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Or believe in atheism and point out the inconsistencies of atheism..

Sure

Now how valid those points are... well... that's another story. 

and I have a feeling validity doesn't necessarily stick around on the side that says "God is real because of the bible, and the bible is true because god wrote it, and god is real because of the bible, and...."

27 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Couldn't that just be from reducing the number of Muslims coming into the US? Meaning this supposedly pro Christian point may really just be anti Muslim. 

The United States Bars Christian, Not Muslim, Refugees From Syria

https://www.cfr.org/blog/united-states-bars-christian-not-muslim-refugees-syria

In first months of Trump presidency, Christians account for growing share of U.S. refugee arrivals

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/07/12/in-first-months-of-trump-presidency-christians-account-for-growing-share-of-u-s-refugee-arrivals/

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Sure

Now how valid those points are... well... that's another story. 

and I have a feeling validity doesn't necessarily stick around on the side that says "God is real because of the bible, and the bible is true because god wrote it, and god is real because of the bible, and...."

Here is a guy who if I catch his drift is basically saying a pox on both sides of the debate...neither side can prove or disprove their argument so it is a waste of time to even debate it. Don't be fooled by the title he makes arguments against both sides.

THE ILLOGIC OF ATHEISM

http://mileswmathis.com/atheism.html

22 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The United States Bars Christian, Not Muslim, Refugees From Syria

https://www.cfr.org/blog/united-states-bars-christian-not-muslim-refugees-syria

In first months of Trump presidency, Christians account for growing share of U.S. refugee arrivals

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/07/12/in-first-months-of-trump-presidency-christians-account-for-growing-share-of-u-s-refugee-arrivals/

If you read both of these articles you'll see that they're not claiming what you think they are. 

In the first one, the author admits we're not actually banning Christians. There are deeper issues at play outside of the US. Plus that population is only Syria

In your pew research article, it says between 2002 and 2016 there were more Christian than Muslim refugees entering the US in every year but 2005, 2006 and 2016. I guess Bush hates Christians.

Not to mention the article states that, under Trump, in the main 6 countries that refugees are coming from, only one is majority Muslim. This could point to less Muslims coming in, boosting Christian percentage. The article states that country of origin is important. Your first article focused only on Syria. 

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/05/03/the-number-of-refugees-admitted-to-the-u-s-has-fallen-especially-among-muslims/

Here is a pew article with updated data. Christians are a higher percentage because there are a lot less Muslims. Hell, there are less Christians too. How can Trump be some great Christian president if he's letting in less Christian refugees than Obama?

Hey, you linked to a reputable source. That's great. A very good start. You just need to start to read the articles now. We'll move to understanding the numbers next. 

28 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Here is a guy who if I catch his drift is basically saying a pox on both sides of the debate...neither side can prove or disprove their argument so it is a waste of time to even debate it. Don't be fooled by the title he makes arguments against both sides.

THE ILLOGIC OF ATHEISM

http://mileswmathis.com/atheism.html

Did you read the article, or just like the title so you posted it?

Read through some of it.

Careful though. You don't want to cut yourself on that edge

Read up on the author as well as his hairbrain theories. Not the guy who's corner I want to fall into.

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

If you read both of these articles you'll see that they're not claiming what you think they are. 

In the first one, the author admits we're not actually banning Christians. There are deeper issues at play outside of the US. Plus that population is only Syria

In your pew research article, it says between 2002 and 2016 there were more Christian than Muslim refugees entering the US in every year but 2005, 2006 and 2016. I guess Bush hates Christians.

Not to mention the article states that, under Trump, in the main 6 countries that refugees are coming from, only one is majority Muslim. This could point to less Muslims coming in, boosting Christian percentage. The article states that country of origin is important. Your first article focused only on Syria. 

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/05/03/the-number-of-refugees-admitted-to-the-u-s-has-fallen-especially-among-muslims/

Here is a pew article with updated data. Christians are a higher percentage because there are a lot less Muslims. Hell, there are less Christians too. How can Trump be some great Christian president if he's letting in less Christian refugees than Obama?

Hey, you linked to a reputable source. That's great. A very good start. You just need to start to read the articles now. We'll move to understanding the numbers next. 

Read that first article again..

The United States has accepted 10,801 Syrian refugees, of whom 56 are Christian. Not 56 percent; 56 total, out of 10,801. That is to say, one half of one percent. The BBC says that ten percent of all Syrians are Christian, which would mean 2.2 million Christians. It is quite obvious, and President Obama and Secretary Kerry have acknowledged it, that Middle Eastern Christians are an especially persecuted group.

The fact is Christians were being barred...

If you have an updated PEW great but that doesn't invalidate what the other PEW report stated.

12 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Did you read the article, or just like the title so you posted it?

Read through some of it.

Careful though. You don't want to cut yourself on that edge

Read up on the author as well as his hairbrain theories. Not the guy who's corner I want to fall into.

He is not in either corner which I found interesting. He came down on both sides of the debate and he was right. You can't prove your atheism through science and I can't prove my beliefs. It is a deadlocked debate.

I posted one time what I thought was a good article on making the case for the existence of God but you dismissed it because it used some philosophical argument so that is fine I understand why you would question that..

12 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Read that first article again..

The United States has accepted 10,801 Syrian refugees, of whom 56 are Christian. Not 56 percent; 56 total, out of 10,801. That is to say, one half of one percent. The BBC says that ten percent of all Syrians are Christian, which would mean 2.2 million Christians. It is quite obvious, and President Obama and Secretary Kerry have acknowledged it, that Middle Eastern Christians are an especially persecuted group.

The fact is Christians were being barred...

If you have an updated PEW great but that doesn't invalidate what the other PEW report stated.

Literally in that first article

"Experts say another reason for the lack of Christians in the make-up of the refugees is the make-up of the camps. Christians in the main United Nations refugee camp in Jordan are subject to persecution, they say, and so flee the camps, meaning they are not included in the refugees referred to the U.S. by the U.N."

and, I'm going to reiterate, I don't think you read that Pew article. Let alone the more updated one. And if you did read it, we have a deeper problem are play. 

and what about the fact LESS Christians are coming in now? Or that Bush had more Muslims than Christians twice as many times as Obama did?

Just now, OldBrownsFan said:

He is not in either corner which I found interesting. He came down on both sides of the debate and he was right. You can't prove your atheism through science and I can't prove my beliefs. It is a deadlocked debate.

Yeah.... No. That's not how it works. The inability to prove there is no God doesn't mean every religious belief has some equal level of validity. That's basically just a god if the gaps argument. 

Not being able to prove there is no God doesn't all of a sudden make Noah's ark valid...

And he's in the crazy conspiracy corner. Read up his shit. But again, watch out, that edge

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Literally in that first article

"Experts say another reason for the lack of Christians in the make-up of the refugees is the make-up of the camps. Christians in the main United Nations refugee camp in Jordan are subject to persecution, they say, and so flee the camps, meaning they are not included in the refugees referred to the U.S. by the U.N."

and, I'm going to reiterate, I don't think you read that Pew article. Let alone the more updated one. And if you did read it, we have a deeper problem are play. 

From the article:

Is the title of this blog an overstatement, suggesting that the United States "bars" Christian refugees from Syria? Sure, in that we do not and could not legally ban Christian refugees any more than we could or should bar Muslim refugees. But when you have been running a refugee program for years, and you have accepted 10,612 Sunni refugees and 56 Christians, and it is obvious why and obvious how to fix it, and nothing is done to fix it, well, the results speak more loudly than speeches, laws, intentions, or excuses. In effect we make it almost impossible for Christian refugees to get here.

So I’ll stick with that title. And I agree with Nina Shea: “This is de facto discrimination and a gross injustice.” Hats off to Senator Cotton for seeing it for what it is, and suggesting a viable solution. His bill would bring this shameful practice to an end and save the lives of many Syrian Christians.

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yeah.... No. That's not how it works. The inability to prove there is no God doesn't mean every religious belief has some equal level of validity. That's basically just a god if the gaps argument. 

Not being able to prove there is no God doesn't all of a sudden make Noah's ark valid...

And he's in the crazy conspiracy corner. Read up his shit. But again, watch out, that edge

But it doesn't make Noah's ark invalid either and that was his point...atheists arguing with believers and vice versa over things neither can prove or disprove is a fools errand. 

Archived