THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump appeals to men secretly insecure about their manhood

cccjwh

This explains so much about the TDIMS. Listening to the ones on this board sure does support the theory.

Research shows that many men feel pressure to look and behave in stereotypically masculine ways — or risk losing their status as “real men.” Masculine expectations are socialized from early childhood and can motivate men to embrace traditional male behaviors while avoiding even the hint of femininity. This unforgiving standard of maleness makes some men worry that they’re falling short. These men are said to experience “fragile masculinity.”

The political process provides a way that fragile men can reaffirm their masculinity. By supporting tough politicians and policies, men can reassure others (and themselves) of their own manliness. For example, sociologist Robb Willer has shown that men whose sense of masculinity was threatened increased their support for aggressive foreign policy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/11/29/how-donald-trump-appeals-to-men-secretly-insecure-about-their-manhood/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.cd367970005c

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Thanks for re enforcing the whole point of the article. 🤣 

and the article enforces a bigger and larger point of what is going on today with the feminization of males:

The Feminization of Everything Fails Our Boys

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/05/higher-education-gender-gap-favors-women-feminization-everything-fails-boys/

The ‘Toxic Masculinity’ Smear

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/06/masculinity-not-toxic-stop-blaming-men-everything/

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

Thanks for re enforcing the whole point of the article. 🤣 

More and more, ccc surely could be woodypeckerhead's transgay Honduran illegal immigrant roommate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_birds_of_Honduras

black-cheeked_woodpecker.jpg330px-Scarlet_Macaw_(Ara_macao)_-Coco_Re

39 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

and the article enforces a bigger and larger point of what is going on today with the feminization of males:

The Feminization of Everything Fails Our Boys

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/05/higher-education-gender-gap-favors-women-feminization-everything-fails-boys/

The ‘Toxic Masculinity’ Smear

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/06/masculinity-not-toxic-stop-blaming-men-everything/

Again this is what the article is stating. Man afraid that they aren't manly enough. lol, talk about hit the nail of the head. I actual understand you guys now. Sure you throw away any principles you might have had to following a moron. Latch on to a fake strongman, makes you feel better about yourself. "See, for example, the “Donald Trump: Finally Someone With Balls” T-shirts common at Trump rallies."

We found that support for Trump in the 2016 election was higher in areas that had more searches for topics such as “erectile dysfunction.” Moreover, this relationship persisted after accounting for demographic attributes in media markets, such as education levels and racial composition, as well as searches for topics unrelated to fragile masculinity, such as “breast augmentation” and “menopause.”

In contrast, fragile masculinity was not associated with support for Mitt Romney in 2012 or support for John McCain in 2008 — suggesting that the correlation of fragile masculinity and voting in presidential elections was distinctively stronger in 2016.

QWUAKOMWIU22ZNCTWFGOASPLJ4.png

There is a culture war taking place with the feminization of men by the left. It is well documented. That Obama would use a grown man wearing onesie pajamies and sipping cocoa as the poster child of a young American male doesn't surprise me.

Now if you read the article I posted it speaks of Hildebeast at a Planned Parenthood  event where drinks called toxic masculinity were served and where Hildebeast spoke of men as being the problem. I don't understand why any man would vote for someone like that. I seriously doubt if a male candidate for president who was sipping drinks called toxic femininity and saying women were the problem would get too much support from women. 

32 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

that's a lot of 80-90 year old guys out there.

I heard this joke on the radio, thought it was funny:

A 90 year old man goes to his family doctor and asks for something that would lower his sex drive. The doctor was amazed that a 90 year old man actually wanted something to "lower" his sex drive and told the old man that was incredible. The old man said "yeah doc it's all in my head I need something to lower it about 3 feet". 

50 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

There is a culture war taking place with the feminization of men by the left. It is well documented. That Obama would use a grown man wearing onesie pajamies and sipping cocoa as the poster child of a young American male doesn't surprise me.

Now if you read the article I posted it speaks of Hildebeast at a Planned Parenthood  event where drinks called toxic masculinity were served and where Hildebeast spoke of men as being the problem. I don't understand why any man would vote for someone like that. I seriously doubt if a male candidate for president who was sipping drinks called toxic femininity and saying women were the problem would get too much support from women. 

I guess I lack the ‘fragile masculinity’, because I don't give a shit about the culture war to "Feminzation" of men. 

Ill split both ways on this one. The op's article is dead on the money right about toxic masculinity, but wgat article fails to realize is this cultural norm is pushed by beta males like the old guys in this thread. Life long beta's who never grasped what true masculinity is and hang on to cultural archetypes. Now im not saying these men are "feminine", they've just had their brains balled out fir life by a cuktural that gives them free market messages that they're not " measuring up" unless they look like this, talk like tgis, consume this, consume that. 

Its frankly our brand of capitalisms fault thst true masculinuty has been wiped out. Take pajama boy for instance....if he's living "his" like the way "he" sees fit  and he doesnt give a singular fuk..not even a quarter fuk...what anyone thinks of him.....he is the essence of masculinity. 

Case in point, we all know women often base their entire lives off of what other people think. Every decision, no matter how innocuous.. starts with "whatvwill people think". That is femininity in a nutshell. 

Its amazing how old some of u neutered betas have gotten without ever grasping the basics.

14 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

Gaslighting is now science?  Embarrassing.  The desire for lower taxes is now a function of your penis.  Ok Einstein.

Has nothing to do with CJ's policy. It about the people that flock to him and defend anything he says or does. 

4 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Has nothing to do with CJ's policy. It about the people that flock to him and defend anything he says or does. 

Last I checked foreign policy actually refers to policy.  Not to give wheels to this stupid topic, but there were the same types of folks that flocked when Chocolate Muhammad was predident.  It's one thing to dislike the man or the policy, but to attribute small penises or any one issue as the cause is the opposite of good research.  Thanks for doing your best though.

Hard to argue tho thst trump isnt the esseece of fragile masculinity. How else would u explain his decades long feud with a fat lesbian nobody outside of the lbgt community has given a fraction of a shitt about in almost 20 years. In fact the only time i ever hear about rosie fukking odonnell is because her and trump are twatter slapping again. Thank u faglord Trump for keeping that name semi relevant

Just now, Clevfan4life said:

Hard to argue tho thst trump isnt the esseece of fragile masculinity. How else would u explain his decades long feud with a fat lesbian nobody outside of the lbgt community has given a shitt about in almost 20 years. In fact the only time i ever hear about rosie fukking odonnell is because her and trump are twatter slapping again. Thank u faglord Trump for keeping that name semi relevant

I'm not contending whether Trump has insecurities and neither was the cheeto enthusiast originally.  He's speaking of the voters and so is the piece/quote he posted.  The "research" doesn't even mention Trump either way.  This guy made that connection.  I guess gaslighting is acceptable when it says what you want.  It's a "snowflake" thread masked as some makeshift research.  It's the type of crap YOU rail about and yet here you are defending it.  Seem ironic?

30 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

Last I checked foreign policy actually refers to policy.  Not to give wheels to this stupid topic, but there were the same types of folks that flocked when Chocolate Muhammad was predident.  It's one thing to dislike the man or the policy, but to attribute small penises or any one issue as the cause is the opposite of good research.  Thanks for doing your best though.

Again... "It about the people that flock to him and defend anything he says or does. " 

35 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

I'm not contending whether Trump has insecurities and neither was the cheeto enthusiast originally.  He's speaking of the voters and so is the piece/quote he posted.  The "research" doesn't even mention Trump either way.  This guy made that connection.  I guess gaslighting is acceptable when it says what you want.  It's a "snowflake" thread masked as some makeshift research.  It's the type of crap YOU rail about and yet here you are defending it.  Seem ironic?

See my earlier post in this thread. Not completely defending it. I realize trump himself wasnt mentioned in the article  but its hard not to equate his behavior with what we see from the people who, not vited for him cause lots of people voted for him xausevthey refused to vote for hillary, the his persobal "apologists" is what i think the article is going gor. On those people, yeah thats not "gaslighting", its observable reality. 

I have alot of conservative friends thst voted for trump but still at least once or twice a month text each other a "wtf?" In response to something he said or did. The common thread amongst tjose guys is they didnt vote for trump in the primary

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

Again... "It about the people that flock to him and defend anything he says or does. " 

No htownbrown nailed you. I was making a separate argument that the left has been making a concerted effort attacking masculinity. You were off on a Trump hating tangent trying to make a connection not there.

Surely Trump has given you enough ammunition where you don't need a made up argument. I will give you one myself. Trump once said he could shoot someone and not lose any voters. That to me doesn't show a real high regard for his voters along with being a bit braggadocios. To those of us who call balls and strikes with Trump that is a big strrrrrrrrrike.

With Trump there is the good and the bad. Mostly good. From my point of view with Hillary Clinton it would have been all bad. I don't believe in throwing the baby out with the bath water. Trump has been doing some good things but TDS would probably prevent you from ever admitting it. 

First, the research reported here is correlational. We can’t be entirely sure that fragile masculinity is causing people to vote in a certain way. However, given that experimental work has identified a causal connection between masculinity concerns and political beliefs, we think the correlations we’ve identified are important.

It's a "snowflake" piece.  

40 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

No htownbrown nailed you. I was making a separate argument that the left has been making a concerted effort attacking masculinity. You were off on a Trump hating tangent trying to make a connection not there.

Surely Trump has given you enough ammunition where you don't need a made up argument. I will give you one myself. Trump once said he could shoot someone and not lose any voters. That to me doesn't show a real high regard for his voters along with being a bit braggadocios. To those of us who call balls and strikes with Trump that is a big strrrrrrrrrike.

With Trump there is the good and the bad. Mostly good. From my point of view with Hillary Clinton it would have been all bad. I don't believe in throwing the baby out with the bath water. Trump has been doing some good things but TDS would probably prevent you from ever admitting it. 

You didn't saying anything different from before. You are afraid the left is redefining what masculinity is. Why do you care? Is how other people live their lives going to make you less masculine? btw I don't hate CJ, he is a moron, no doubt there. Its the people that threw away their principles so they can kiss his ass that are dis-likable. The fake Christians that somehow supports a immoral douche bag. But it all good there, I guess, the evangelicals are losing most of an entire generation of sheep, for a some judges. Should make the US a better place in the  long run.  

34 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

First, the research reported here is correlational. We can’t be entirely sure that fragile masculinity is causing people to vote in a certain way. However, given that experimental work has identified a causal connection between masculinity concerns and political beliefs, we think the correlations we’ve identified are important.

It's a "snowflake" piece.  

Says the snowflake here crying about the article.

14 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

You didn't saying anything different from before. You are afraid the left is redefining what masculinity is. Why do you care? Is how other people live their lives going to make you less masculine? btw I don't hate CJ, he is a moron, no doubt there. Its the people that threw away their principles so they can kiss his ass that are dis-likable. The fake Christians that somehow supports a immoral douche bag. But it all good there, I guess, the evangelicals are losing most of an entire generation of sheep, for a some judges. Should make the US a better place in the  long run.  

Besides the fact Clinton herself is immoral there are some good reasons Christians voted for Trump over Hildebeast:

1. "It’s no small thing that it was Donald Trump rather than Hillary Clinton taking the oath of office January 20 … no matter how many or how few people were in the crowd. While there are plenty of reasons to be grateful Hillary is plugging a book and not making policy perhaps chief among them is her hostility to views held sacred by traditional believers.

Abortion? Planned Parenthood could have set up a clinic in the Rose Garden. Gender Indentity? The “Let Men Pretend to Be Girls to Get in Locker Rooms and If You Don’t Like It Suck It Movement” would have full backing of the DOJ. Religious Liberty? Bakers and florists marked only the start.

Hillary was fond of saying “freedom of worship,” rather than “freedom of religion.” You don’t change the wording of the Constitution unless there’s a reason. “Freedom of religion” means you are free to act out your faith in the public square without government infringing. “Freedom of worship” suggests you are free to believe what you want within your house of worship — but your freedom stops when you walk out the church door. 

Hillary wasn’t even willing to stop there. Her campaign plotted a revolution from inside the Catholic church.  

And she made no secret about wanting to force churches to accept abortion rights and same-sex marriage rights. “Rights have to exist in practice — not just on paper,” she said in 2015. “Laws have to be backed up with resources and political will. And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs, and structural biases have to be changed.” 

So all told, it is a big deal Donald Trump put his hand on the Bible last January. Hillary Clinton was set to boot it onto Pennsylvania Avenue."

During the election, an argument was made to conservative evangelicals queasy about Mr. Access Hollywood that voting for Trump meant voting for conservative, faith-friendly Supreme Court justices. Trump would be in office for at most eight years. Those justices would last a generation. That argument had particular urgency with the seat of Justice Scalia still open. 

Trump won and true to his word, he put a conservative judge on the High Court. In fact, it happened to be the judge that ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby in its fight to avoid being forced to pay for abortive contraception. While it’s too early to see exactly how Justice Gorsuch’s presence will affect the court when it rules on matters of faith, this term has already shown a Supreme Court willing to slap down lower court decisions based on political bias rather than the law or liberty. 

Meanwhile, Trump has been stocking the bench with similar conservative justices.

President Trump made the defense of religious liberty and efforts to repeal the Johnson Amendment an early priority. 

On the National Day of Prayer in May, he signed a religious liberty executive order allowing religious organizations greater freedom in political speech. The “Promoting Free Speech and Religious Liberty” order also gave “regulatory relief” to companies that object to the Obamacare contraception mandate. 

“We will not allow people of faith to be targeted, bullied or silenced anymore,” he said. “We are giving our churches their voices back.” 

Trump had vowed at the National Prayer Breakfast to “totally destroy” the Johnson Amendment. This law has been used to block religious institutions and all nonprofit entities organized as 501(c)3s to endorse political candidates. It has many a pastor and priest hesitant to speak up on political issues. 

A repeal of the Johnson Amendment was in the House version of the tax reform bill. However, Democrats managed to get the repeal removed from the final version of the bill. (Though why they’d be happy about keeping faith leaders from their First Amendment rights is beyond me.) 

However, even if the fight goes on, Trump gets props for raising the issue and engaging in the fight.

Archived