THE BROWNS BOARD

Educated voters breaking hard against GOP

cccjwh

Well CJ does really know his base.

“We are seeing an educational divide. The more educated you are, the more likely you are to vote for Democrats,” said Evan Siegfried, a Republican strategist and author of “GOP GPS: How to Find the Millennials and Urban Voters the Republican Party Needs to Survive.”

In the new Congress, Democrats will hold 83 of the 100 districts where the highest percentage of voters hold a college degree. Among the 50 best-educated districts, Republicans hold just four seats.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/418584-educated-voters-breaking-hard-against-gop

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably true considering that they over-educated are often less successful. I think professors have a tendency to resent people with Associate's degrees who are making a good living. They figure that somebody with an advanced degree should be rich. Sorry. Then again consider the areas of the country including the inner cities Etc with the absolute stupidest population, the laziest and the least successful, and they usually vote straight Democrat.

WSS

15 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Probably true considering that they over-educated are often less successful. I think professors have a tendency to resent people with Associate's degrees who are making a good living. They figure that somebody with an advanced degree should be rich. Sorry. Then again consider the areas of the country including the inner cities Etc with the absolute stupidest population, the laziest and the least successful, and they usually vote straight Democrat.

WSS

https://www.bls.gov/careeroutlook/2018/data-on-display/education-pays.htm

Tell me another one about how "over-educated" are often less successful....

If you had bother to read the article the non-educated are split down the middle for GOP and Demos.

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

Ur so right. All these fortune 500 ceo's are all high school dropouts to be sure.....

Well that's probably not true but oh, and remember I don't have the hard numbers here, I seem to recall the most successful entrepreneurs Etc are not particularly those with Advanced Doctorate Degrees in education but probably mid-level college degrees Etc. Possibly even four-year high school degrees.

You are free to prove me wrong if you care to. 

WSS

6 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Was ur earlier point about advanced degrees only?

I would assume that more educated would Go hand-in-hand with more education? For instance High School Dropout high school graduate associates degree four-year bachelor's Masters doctorate Etc. Can you think of a different and more relevant scale?

WSS

This is a small sample size of one, but a person I knew who left college after one year and started making frozen pizzas in the basement of his father's Italian restaurant within 10 years had turned that business into a worldwide empire. He started out making the pizzas and loaded them up in his station wagon and went out selling them and it all exploded after that. As his business grew he would hire more people, the more machinery he bought and the bigger buildings he would move in to. For me it was an amazing thing to watch what one person with a vision, not with a list of degrees after their name but good common business sense could accomplish. 

This is where the dems miss it. You don't punish people like this with higher taxes and regulations you reward them. They are the job creators and the engine that drives our economy. If you take away the incentives for people to want to be successful who risk their own money and time and effort to create a business only to punish success you are killing the golden goose.

Just now, Westside Steve said:

One fun fact a sociology professor average salary is 73 k.

WSS

I had a sociology professor at WVU  (Dr. Starr, has since retired) who we didn't study for his tests because if you just remembered the basic idea that white, old, rich, American, and Christian were evil, you could get an A. All of the questions were worded in a manner that if you kept a mindset like that you would pass. The same professor would get too hot in our class and staged a protest out front with students to force them to turn the AC down. I used the time to go get day drunk and be around people I didn't loath.

3 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I had a sociology professor at WVU  (Dr. Starr, has since retired) who we didn't study for his tests because if you just remembered the basic idea that white, old, rich, American, and Christian were evil, you could get an A. All of the questions were worded in a manner that if you kept a mindset like that you would pass. The same professor would get too hot in our class and staged a protest out front with students to force them to turn the AC down. I used the time to go get day drunk and be around people I didn't loath.

Don't let them think that's ALL COLLEGE EVERYWHERE EVIL LIBERALS now

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Where'd you get yours? I'm hoping to start in 2019

Marshall University. Not the best or the worst but it was close to where I live. Be prepared for a lot of group projects and hollow nonsense management classes. Most of the management classes are geared towards statistics but you will get some real turds that are just fluff.

My undergrad was in GIS and I work with a lot of engineers. The current trend is for folks who have the technical know how to go and get an MBA to gain social skills haha.

11 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Sounds like a terrible teacher. 

23 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Also

Lol steve what???

Any data to back yo these anti education claims?

Calm yourself Woodrow. Deny already State I don't have the numbers? Just a guess. If you think otherwise I'm happy to hear your arguments as well.

But you should be able to at least grassed my point. Doctor of Sociology making 73k would naturally be jealous of the garbage man with a high school diploma making a buck and a quarter.

WSS

Furthermore I think one of the largest classes of people with Advanced degrees are School teachers most of which I think are lucky to have their cake jobs. Jobs that just about anybody who can read and write could do if they have a little bit of aptitude.

Have before you explode yes I think your degree is harder to get and more necessary to success in your field.

WSS

12 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Furthermore I think one of the largest classes of people with Advanced degrees are School teachers most of which I think are lucky to have their cake jobs. Jobs that just about anybody who can read and write could do if they have a little bit of aptitude.

Have before you explode yes I think your degree is harder to get and more necessary to success in your field.

WSS

That is a lot feeling you are posting. Do you have any actual evidence that this is the case? Your complete lack of respect for teachers is noted.

https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=37

Of the 1,895,000 bachelor's degrees conferred in 2014–15, the greatest numbers of degrees were conferred in the fields of business (364,000), health professions and related programs (216,000), social sciences and history (167,000), psychology (118,000), biological and biomedical sciences (110,000), engineering (98,000), visual and performing arts (96,000), and education (92,000). At the master's degree level, the greatest numbers of degrees were conferred in the fields of business (185,000), education (147,000), and health professions and related programs (103,000). At the doctor's degree level, the greatest numbers of degrees were conferred in the fields of health professions and related programs (71,000), legal professions and studies (40,300), education (11,800), engineering (10,200), biological and biomedical sciences (8,100), psychology (6,600), and physical sciences and science technologies (5,800).

Archived