THE BROWNS BOARD

Cowturd thinks Sanches, RGIII and V.Young better rookies than Baker?.. ROFL!!!!

nickers

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

The question is, why would anyone want to listen\ watch his abrasive drivel?

And just how much respect has the national media shown Cleveland?  I got to hear Bakers full presser today. No regrets no excuses. And the more I see and listen to him.... he’s not like any other QB that I’ve ever heard or seen. Very much an original with tons of promise and a real leader. 

16 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Agree with you, and RG3 did have a phenomenal rookie season. However, Colin is biased against Baker, always says negative things in general about Cleveland sports, and desperately seems like he wants Baker to fail in order to seem "right" about his take on him.

I've gotta say it's a bit ridiculous how 90% of sportscasters are spinning the "poor hue needed to feed his family" comparison. Simply put, A lot of these fellas hated Baker and wanted him to be a bust or fail before he was drafted. Now, there's a reason for them to be "outraged" what he did to poor hue. Meanwhile, no one is talking about how Jameis Winston settled his sexual assault case.

Stephen A. Smith even insinuated that Hue Jackson would have a hard time finding a job because of "white privilege". These so called reporters need to accept that a large reason Hue was fired was because he was historically bad at his job.

Props to Baker for standing up for Cleveland and all of us. If he didn't want to embrace Hue, he shouldn't have to. Hue is a traitor just like Littlefinger from game of thrones, but instead of Uncle Fester, I'm cool calling Hue "Black Veras", since he's sly, and will go around anyone to get his narrative across.

There was info all over Reddit how the person that leaked to the media about Sashi not giving any talent was Hue himself. If this is true, then not only did he help get Sashi fired, tried to do a stupid trade that would give the Bengals a draft pick, and reportedly went to Jimmy to get Haley fired before he was fired himself with Haley.

Gregg seems to be more call and saying all the right things now. I think if we go 4-1 we can't demote him.

Great post.. I'll just add.. Damien Woody for example bitched and moaned about bake.. He and other were questioning his 'Decorum".. Well Talking heads.. Where was the "Decorum" When Hue went around like a little slut , wagging his bubble butt in the air , Farting on anyone and everyone he could , to compensate for his own demise and failures... Hue is the one that needs to "GROW THE FUCK UP"

11 minutes ago, nickers said:

Great post.. I'll just add.. Damien Woody for example bitched and moaned about bake.. He and other were questioning his 'Decorum".. Well Talking heads.. Where was the "Decorum" When Hue went around like a little slut , wagging his bubble butt in the air , Farting on anyone and everyone he could , to compensate for his own demise and failures... Hue is the one that needs to "GROW THE FUCK UP"

Yup- I went 3-36-1, AND IT WASN'T MY FAULT!!!   

9 minutes ago, nickers said:

Stephen A said Hue was doing that to try and protect his integrity to land a job. To save himself. In all reality, Hue was just throwing everyone to the Bus in order to try and protect his image. He's all "buddy buddy" with these sportscasters for a reason. And Hue knew all along that if was fired in Cleveland, he'd always have a job fetching coffee for Marvin Lewis. I'll add that Hue does seem fake. He was probably all "Buddy Buddy" with Haley before he asked Jimmy to fire Haley. There was clearly a leadership and a discipline problem. We remember how awkward Hue was with some of the players during hard knocks, and Haley's face during his whole "I'm the captain and things are my way" speech. Hue said he didn't have enough talent numerous times. How do you guys think that makes the players feel? Shame on Stephen A and others for pushing this image of Hue the victim. Props to Skip Bayless and Will Cain. Never thought I'd say that, but when Damien and Stephen A made it look like Hue had to feed his family by working in Cincy a couple weeks after he was fired, I cringed hard.

16 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

And just how much respect has the national media shown Cleveland?  I got to hear Bakers full presser today. No regrets no excuses. And the more I see and listen to him.... he’s not like any other QB that I’ve ever heard or seen. Very much an original with tons of promise and a real leader. 

No doubt- Baker's going to be a polarizing figure on the national stage. Love him or hate him. LOL, as the old Texas saying goes, "if you do what you can say you do, it ain't bragging."  :)  

On 11/28/2018 at 8:35 AM, tiamat63 said:

Vince Young won rookie of the year.  So... 

Comparing seasons is fine with me.   Rest your schphinctors,  gentleman. 

2006 was the 1st of 11 years I lived in Nashville. Anyway, VY took over an 0-3 team (from Kerry Collins); and led the same exact teammates to an 8-5 finish.  One of their victories was a comeback win vrs the Giants that erased a 21 point 3rd quarter deficit.  I don't remember REAL pretty passing numbers while VY was getting the offense out of park.  That said, when VY got outside of the pocket - corners came off their guys and he didn't have to fit air tight windows for completions.  When corners didn't come off their guys - VY made people pay with his feet. Just to put into perspective what type of passing game VY was replacing in 2006 - Collins' had the following stats over the first 3 weeks of offensive flat line: 46.7 comp%, 137 pass yds per game, 1 TD, 6 INTs, 42.3 passer rating.

Career turning point?   He pulled a groin during the first game and only start of 2008, confining him to the pocket which meant he had to fit air tight windows or get criticized for not doing so.  As the groin pull began to heal up - he pulled a hammy in practice causing him to miss a total of 15 games that year.  Meanwhile, Kerry Collins cashed in and went 12-3 as the starter while leading TN to the playoffs.   Collins also made the Pro Bowl. Anyway, the stories re-circulated Fisher never wanted Vince at #3 overall. He wanted the local popular QB from Vandy (Jay Cutler) while GM Floyd Reese wanted Vince Young as did owner Bud Adams.  That said, Fisher won the power struggle and Reese departed at the end of the 2006 season.  Young had never experienced such adversity and he didn't handle his frustrations well at all.  Jeff Fisher did NOT want to tailor his offense to a fleet of foot out of pocket passer who wasn't nearly as accurate in the pocket. Consequently, he showed a preference toward the Kerry Collins and the 2008 gave him the perfect excuse to go in that direction.  1 problem.  Kerry Collins started the 2009 season 0-6 as the starter.  VY started the last 10 games and won 8 of his 10 starts and earning his 2nd Pro Bowl visit. 

On 11/27/2018 at 6:05 PM, nickers said:

Suck on a cock colin... We knows your a closet Darnold Weenie Puffer!

Nickers, every time that squid speaks - the voice box in his nose sounds like he's trying to drop a plop that's way too big for his dumpster.  

He should be doing ads for Roto Rooter instead of getting paid for trying to convince HIMSELF he's right about Baker Mayfield. 

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

2006 was the 1st of 11 years I lived in Nashville. Anyway, VY took over an 0-4 team (from Kerry Collins); and led the same exact teammates to an 8-4 finish.  One of their victories was a comeback win vrs the Giants that erased a 21 point 3rd quarter deficit.  I don't remember REAL pretty passing numbers while VY was getting the offense out of park.  That said, when VY got outside of the pocket - corners came off their guys and he didn't have to fit air tight windows for completions.  When corners didn't come off their guys - VY made people pay with his feet. Just to put into perspective what type of passing game VY was replacing in 2006 - Collins' had the following stats over the first 4 weeks of offensive flat line: 46.7 comp%, 137 pass yds per game, 1 TD, 6 INTs, 42.3 passer rating.

Career turning point?   He pulled a groin, confining him to the pocket which meant he had to fit air tight windows or get criticized for not doing so.  As the groin pull began to heal up - he pulled a hammy one of the first times he felt the groin was healthy enough for full speed. Anyway, the criticism remained with stories re-circulating Fisher never wanted Vince at #3 overall - he wanted the local popular QB from Vandy (Jay Cutler).   Young had never experienced such adversity and he didn't handle his frustrations well at all.  Jeff Fisher did NOT want to tailor his offense to a fleet of foot out of pocket passer who wasn't nearly as accurate in the pocket. Consequently, he showed a preference toward the Kerry Collins VY easily upgraded as a rookie.  For example, Collins had a 46.7 comp% 137  yds per game with 1 TD 6 INTs and a 42.3 passer rating during the 0-4 start.  This was a big part of the feud and power struggle between HC Jeff Fisher and GM Floyd Reese that ultimately led to the departure of Reese (1994-2006).  Welcome to the VY problem child story!

But, Young eventually won that QB battle.....didn't he? Even taking the Tits to the playoffs, and held it for a few years until he lost control of his emotions...or until his bipolarism clicked in (or something like that)..NO?

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

But, Young eventually won that QB battle.....didn't he? Even taking the Tits to the playoffs, and held it for a few years until he lost control of his emotions...or until his bipolarism clicked in (or something like that)..NO?

Yes. I had to correct his # of starts to 13 and record to 8-5 as a rookie .  That being the case, he won the starting job as a rookie on his way to ROTY and making his 1st Pro Bowl in 2006. In 2007, he started 15 games and went 9-6.  He got injured in his 3rd year (2008) and won his only start.  He came back in 2009 and had 10 starts winning 8 of them and earning his 2nd trip to the Pro Bowl.  In 2010, he had 8 starts and won half them during his final year of playing for TN. 

On 11/28/2018 at 4:03 PM, Unsympathetic said:

RG3 was a one-look-and-run QB.. mayfield goes thru a progression.  Night and day..

And Baker's QBR drops dramatically when his first read is not open. If he had RG's wheels, he might well take off as well.

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

Nickers, every time that squid speaks - the voice box in his nose sounds like he's trying to drop a plop that's way too big for his dumpster. 

lol... I was merely going to post that Cowherd is unlistenable... and not just for his content.

34 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

And Baker's QBR drops dramatically when his first read is not open. If he had RG's wheels, he might well take off as well.

I suggest that that probably applies to every single QB out there...Brady, Brees, BR, etc etc etc.

lol... I was merely going to post that Cowherd is unlistenable... and not just for his content.

It is his arrogance.

35 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Are there quarterbacks that don’t drop off dramatically if their first read isn’t open? I’m genuinely curious, as I would think it would apply to everyone. If there are ones who don’t drop off, those guys are dudes.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

The worst in that regard MHO was the now deceased Myron Cope from the Steelers broadcasting team- like fingernails on a chalkboard...   

14 minutes ago, hoorta said:

The worst in that regard MHO was the now deceased Myron Cope from the Steelers broadcasting team- like fingernails on a chalkboard...   

Sweet baby Jesus, a person could go sterile listening to that voice. 

11 hours ago, Flugel said:

2006 was the 1st of 11 years I lived in Nashville. Anyway, VY took over an 0-3 team (from Kerry Collins); and led the same exact teammates to an 8-5 finish.  One of their victories was a comeback win vrs the Giants that erased a 21 point 3rd quarter deficit.  I don't remember REAL pretty passing numbers while VY was getting the offense out of park.  That said, when VY got outside of the pocket - corners came off their guys and he didn't have to fit air tight windows for completions.  When corners didn't come off their guys - VY made people pay with his feet. Just to put into perspective what type of passing game VY was replacing in 2006 - Collins' had the following stats over the first 3 weeks of offensive flat line: 46.7 comp%, 137 pass yds per game, 1 TD, 6 INTs, 42.3 passer rating.

Career turning point?   He pulled a groin during the first game and only start of 2008, confining him to the pocket which meant he had to fit air tight windows or get criticized for not doing so.  As the groin pull began to heal up - he pulled a hammy in practice causing him to miss a total of 15 games that year.  Meanwhile, Kerry Collins cashed in and went 12-3 as the starter while leading TN to the playoffs.   Collins also made the Pro Bowl. Anyway, the stories re-circulated Fisher never wanted Vince at #3 overall. He wanted the local popular QB from Vandy (Jay Cutler) while GM Floyd Reese wanted Vince Young as did owner Bud Adams.  That said, Fisher won the power struggle and Reese departed at the end of the 2006 season.  Young had never experienced such adversity and he didn't handle his frustrations well at all.  Jeff Fisher did NOT want to tailor his offense to a fleet of foot out of pocket passer who wasn't nearly as accurate in the pocket. Consequently, he showed a preference toward the Kerry Collins and the 2008 gave him the perfect excuse to go in that direction.  1 problem.  Kerry Collins started the 2009 season 0-6 as the starter.  VY started the last 10 games and won 8 of his 10 starts and earning his 2nd Pro Bowl visit. 

I think Fischer is one of the losingest coaches ever,  and he's still way better than hue 

I hate Cowturd and Stephen A now had to turn the whole thing with Hue in to a race issue,  That penis licker said when a Black head coach loses his job they never get another job offer so good for Hue to go back to The Bengals and Baker is a punk and blah blah blah. I hate them all, Let's just hope we can win a few more games this season and next year look the fuk out. We get Baker a real number 1 stud wr and maybe even a good possession wr and we will win even more games, it will give our rookies on D more time and we will come together more as a team. Good things are ahead Browns fans.

On 11/28/2018 at 10:35 AM, calfoxwc said:

this just in from coward Cowerd:

"All 32 teams will lose this next week"

Don't worry next segment from Colin Cowherd

" all 32 teams will win this next week"

Seriously one day the dude will say something then the next show (sometimes not even the next show but the next segment) will completely contradict himself so that when one of the two contradicting things comes true he can tell everyone how smart he was.

36 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Don't worry next segment from Colin Cowherd

" all 32 teams will win this next week"

Seriously one day the dude will say something then the next show (sometimes not even the next show but the next segment) will completely contradict himself so that when one of the two contradicting things comes true he can tell everyone how smart he was.

he has done that kinda shit since he was the local radio guy here I was so glad to see him leave

3 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Sounds vaguely like a board member on here... 😉

19 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Sounds vaguely like a board member on here... 😉

Really? :lol:   And some are so easy to find.  ;)

Archived