THE BROWNS BOARD

MNF - A look at Houston

LondonBrown

HOU had a blown assignment on D... then almost coughed it up returning the ensuing kickoff...

Since then all Texans including Demaryius Thomas' first TD as a Texan...

Just now, LondonBrown said:

Wow Titans stopped on 4th and 1 at the goal line and the very next play Lamar Miller 97 yard TD

Really good run dodger a few tackles 

Is #24 for the Titans the slowest DB in the league?

Z

24 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

HOU had a blown assignment on D... then almost coughed it up returning the ensuing kickoff...

Since then all Texans including Demaryius Thomas' first TD as a Texan...

They’re dominating now, Titans O line seems to be struggling 

Clowney & Watt may not attack our middle of O-line? Tenn OL has 2 good T's, early, both were attacking Tenn.weak'ish inside O-line. Our Tackles better pack their hard hats..I'll look later at Adoree's mph speed..dude was putting them up & down in a blur...Lotta of Duke & our TE's may work well on O? but we can't use them protecting our T's all game..

For me to lose FF tonight either Henry needs 10 TDs for one guy or Houston's kicker needs about 4 more FGs plus 2 more extra points for another guy. Meanwhile they cannot let Hopkins get any touchdowns or more than 4 more passing yards before he's scoring a point per yard for me. Another $40 for the second week in a row!🤠

OL has to hit them in the mouth at snap..i don't like Tenn. plan of attack..2 drop steps backwards, will get you bull rushed on your bum in Houston 

24 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

For me to lose FF tonight either Henry needs 10 TDs for one guy or Houston's kicker needs about 4 more FGs plus 2 more extra points for another guy. Meanwhile they cannot let Hopkins get any touchdowns or more than 4 more passing yards before he's scoring a point per yard for me. Another $40 for the second week in a row!🤠

Titans drafted Henry and never seem to lean on him. The guy's a beast, and the hand it to a TE in short yardage. Silly coaching.

2 hours ago, BobPOUND! said:

Rooting against Tennessee I assume? They are 5-5 ...Good for us.

Yes, but the rest of their schedule is a relative cakewalk....   Jets, Jags, Giants, Redskins, Colts...   

44 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Houston is going to present similar kinds of problems that Denver will. Great edge rushers so you have to gameplan short yardage controlled passing game to hang with them.

Tremendous front 4 on D. and Watson pulled a couple Houdini acts when I started watching the game in the second half...   

Man idk about this Texans game..

They can rush 4 and bring pressure to Mayfield while they drop 7 into coverage and take away the open spaces on the field..

Gonna need to ground and pound them and force them to stack the box, hit them with some play actions, and keep the pocket clean..

Easier said than done against Watt, Clowney, and Co.

2 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

Man idk about this Texans game..

They can rush 4 and bring pressure to Mayfield while they drop 7 into coverage and take away the open spaces on the field..

Gonna need to ground and pound them and force them to stack the box, hit them with some play actions, and keep the pocket clean..

Easier said than done against Watt, Clowney, and Co.

What you are saying is that the DATs are a good team?  Healthy JJ Watt...and Clowney et al on that D-Line can be formidable for sure.  Two top notch WRs....and a capable QB and RB.  They seem like a fairly complete team.

Texans present every bit the threat to KC as NE does because they have a pass rush and the ability to score and/or grind clock.  They're looking like a top 10 team the last few weeks.  In reality I just want to be competitive and gauge Baker's growth over this little winning streak.  

I'll be honest I expect to see some bad Baker like during our 4 game skid,  but so long as it isn't gunslinger,  we could* have a shot headed into the 4th qtr. 

Hopkins and DT present an interesting matchup for us.   Does Ward shadow DT and Hop gets the double thrown his way or vice versa...? 

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Texans present every bit the threat to KC as NE does because they have a pass rush and the ability to score and/or grind clock.  They're looking like a top 10 team the last few weeks.  In reality I just want to be competitive and gauge Baker's growth over this little winning streak.  

I'll be honest I expect to see some bad Baker like during our 4 game skid,  but so long as it isn't gunslinger,  we could* have a shot headed into the 4th qtr. 

Hopkins and DT present an interesting matchup for us.   Does Ward shadow DT and Hop gets the double thrown his way or vice versa...? 

Didn't the Patriots beat the Texans earlier this year....ergo gaining that advantage in case their records end up tied?

The effortlessness with which watt takes grown a-ss men who are good at their job, back into the QB is profoundly frightening. He is "easily" the best DE in the league. Firget stats, the impact that guy has on offenses is just staggering. Mariota didnt have a clean drop the entire night, his back foot would hit and he'd immediately step up. Immediately.

The timing disruption of a power edge rusher like that cannot be overstated. Then throw clowney in there stunting or swimming back to the inside and its nightmarish.

Our entire route tree has to be altered for sunday. This isnt good edge rushers getting home a few times, this is pressure that will be in bakers face on EVERY SINGLE DOWN that watt and clowney are in there for. 2 srconds and the ball has to come out. Watt can sleepwalk into bakers magnetic field on every play with just his bull.

If he's feeling it next sunday and wants to set some records, i dont think it can be stopped unless the defense plays so well that we can wear the texans front 7 down with chubb the whole day. The texans offense gets up early and those edges will just come for baker

15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Me and Hoorta will have to bring some good luck to the Browns by being there in person

That was the Titans remaining games Gip. They could run the table. Have to think the Chargers are a near lock for one of the wild cards. :(

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I don’t see real playoff opportunities but I do see some big time spoiler opportunities. We put a real kink in sinci and can hurt the Texans. Short week for them after a big division win. We catch em flat and put watt in traction along with a surprise to all but me win!  

Texans lost their first 3 games and are now on an 8 game winning streak. Their outside rushers are A+ and their inside DTs are A. This will be a tough team to move the ball on for sure. They have the kind of D that I hope we continue to build with the Browns.

Will be interesting to see if we assign DeAndre Hopkins to Ward or double Hopkins and put Ward on their #2, Demaryius Thomas. Personally I think the latter is the better option. Should contain Hopkins while eliminating Thomas and without a #2 WR chipping in HOU has struggled.

On 11/26/2018 at 8:33 PM, gumby73 said:

Clowney & Watt may not attack our middle of O-line? Tenn OL has 2 good T's, early, both were attacking Tenn.weak'ish inside O-line. Our Tackles better pack their hard hats..I'll look later at Adoree's mph speed..dude was putting them up & down in a blur...Lotta of Duke & our TE's may work well on O? but we can't use them protecting our T's all game..

Overlooked in the Watt-Clowney buzz is the return to form of Christian Covington. He was hurt earlier in the season, missed a few starts and was being slowly worked back into the rotation.

Archived