THE BROWNS BOARD

Jags Bench Bortles

darren15

6 minutes ago, darren15 said:

In other news ....Phil Dawson goes to IR ...Cardinals kicker is now Zane Gonzales :)

Honestly, that move isn't a bad one by them at all. Zane was a phenomenal kicker in college and can now "try out" for six weeks on a team with no playoff chances. Same line of thinking of why Aguayo got a few looks after his disaster in Tampa Bay. Some kickers (like Aguayo) just get the yips though. Will be interested to see what happens to Zane out there in the desert.

In other news Joseph has looked extremely solid in his extra points the last few weeks. I know I know, but it seems his confidence is growing a good bit. 

25 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Will start ......... Cody Kessler

Means the Jags will be drafting a QB in 2019.   But just wow, regarding on taking Bortles off their hands (we won't- this isn't Sashi doing the dealing anymore).   He's virtually untradeable and cutting him according to Spotrac- is a $21 million cap hit, and $16 million dead cap. Whoever gave him that deal should be fired....   

39 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Means the Jags will be drafting a QB in 2019.   But just wow, regarding on taking Bortles off their hands (we won't- this isn't Sashi doing the dealing anymore).   He's virtually untradeable and cutting him according to Spotrac- is a $21 million cap hit, and $16 million dead cap. Whoever gave him that deal should be fired....   

Jags would be drafting anywhere from 4th to 6th.   Who could be their choice?  Haskins?

Or, since this IS still a team that should be top notch, a veteran FA may be the way to go for them....although...here is the list of possible veteran FA QBs next year:

1. Tyrod Taylor, Cleveland Browns
2. Teddy Twatwater, New York Jets
3. Brett Hundley, Green Bay Packers
4. Trevor Siemian, Minnesota Vikings
5. Josh McCown, New York Jets

Or...could they make a trade?   

Eli's a coming?

(and the cards say...a broken heart)

I also think Sam Bradford is out on the street.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Jags would be drafting anywhere from 4th to 6th.   Who could be their choice?  Haskins?

Or, since this IS still a team that should be top notch, a veteran FA may be the way to go for them....although...here is the list of possible veteran FA QBs next year:

I also think Sam Bradford is out on the street.

Nope, I looked- The Saints picked up Bradford to back up Drew Brees....   

6 hours ago, darren15 said:

Will start ......... Cody Kessler

Kess in JAX...

Colt in DC...

Even DA in BUF...

And we've yet to come close to exhausting our former starter supply to the league.

44 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Packers should probably bench Rodgers for Kizer as well and try to fix that roster in the draft 😜

am really confused on what Rogers maybe upset about..Most think it's McCarthy? i don't..imo, i thinks he's ticked off cause ownership/gm won't pay talent to make a serious playoff run late..Seems GB is always banged up by trade deadine?  

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

am really confused on what Rogers maybe upset about..Most think it's McCarthy? i don't..imo, i thinks he's ticked off cause ownership/gm won't pay talent to make a serious playoff run late..Seems GB is always banged up by trade deadine?  

Maybe but always been a develop their own franchise haven’t they. 

They’re 8-8-1 in his last 17 starts which is so bad considering how good he is. 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Nope, I looked- The Saints picked up Bradford to back up Drew Brees....   

I thought Bradford was backing up Rosen in Ariz.

Archived