THE BROWNS BOARD

President Trump vs. Chief Justice Roberts: Trump is in the Right

OldBrownsFan

The obvious truth is there are huge differences between Obama and Clinton's judges versus Bush's and Trump's. The democrats would not have pulled out all the stops to keep Kavanaugh off the bench if they believed there we no differences. What Trump said was the plain truth much like when Obama said elections have consequences. The democrats may not like Trump's nominations but the constitution gives him that right as Obama had that right when he was president. The senate's role is only to advise and consent and what the dems did with Kavanaugh was a disgraceful effort to keep a highly qualified judge off the bench even if it meant trying to destroy him personally.

https://townhall.com/columnists/arthurschaper/2018/11/26/president-trump-vs-chief-justice-roberts-trump-is-in-the-right-n2536459

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

And it would probably be nice if no judges had partisan ideologies. It would also be nice if it were 70° everyday in January in Ohio.

WSS

As Chief justice of the Supremes I see Roberts trying to defend the third branch of government. That is understandable from his point  but anyone who follows politics at all knows what he is saying about having an independent judiciary is blatantly false.

A big problem I see in the judiciary today are rogue justices where one Federal judge can make a ruling that affects the entire nation. One Federal judge in Hawaii can stop a travel ban, or one federal judge in San Francisco can stop an immigration order from the president. A simple fix would to be able to fast track these cases to the Supreme Court for a definite ruling. I see the Supreme Court taking death penalty cases on an emergency basis so why can't they do it in these kinds of cases? Why should it take a year or so before the Supremes get around to making these rulings. Fast track them.

14 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

He should just fire Roberts and make someone else Chief Justice.   MAGA.

I'm all for Trump upsetting the apple cart in Washington but If he fired Roberts I can't even imagine the fallout...it would be nuclear. Not sure if any president could fire a justice anyway. I think they have to go through an impeachment process through congress.

WWIII.jpg

Roberts for some reason, is afraid? of the left - or something. His idea about freedom meaning forcing Real America

to redefine a 200 yr old definition of marriage, instead of ruling that "civil unions" were the answer. Of course, he should have recused himself - his sister is gay and wanted to get "married".

but he's a closet liberal hack at times. Problem is, the Constitution isn't his guide in the wrong times. I believe he's terrified that if he votes the wrong way on a serious lib issue...that ginsburg will kick him in the gonads and knock him out and stomp him.:rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Roberts for some reason, is afraid? of the left - or something. His idea about freedom meaning forcing Real America

to redefine a 200 yr old definition of marriage, instead of ruling that "civil unions" were the answer. Of course, he should have recused himself - his sister is gay and wanted to get "married".

but he's a closet liberal hack at times. Problem is, the Constitution isn't his guide in the wrong times. I believe he's terrified that if he votes the wrong way on a serious lib issue...that ginsburg will kick him in the gonads and knock him out and stomp him.:rolleyes:

I don't know if he is afraid of the left or he likes receiving the applause from the left? Maybe both. 

6 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I'm all for Trump upsetting the apple cart in Washington but If he fired Roberts I can't even imagine the fallout...it would be nuclear. Not sure if any president could fire a justice anyway. I think they have to go through an impeachment process through congress.

WWIII.jpg

I don't think he can fire him unless he did something criminal  They are basically untouchable once the reach the Supreme Court.

Archived