THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker speaking some truth

jcam222

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I guess I have not heard any of that.  For what?  Being a competitor? Saying that I am not going to be friendly toward rivals in our division?

47 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Stephen A and Damien Woody were critical of Baker. 

Shannon Sharpe and Mangini were also critical.

I think the guys on this board know my opinion of Stephen A.  We're supposed to be all palsy and good sports to a guy who guided the Browns to a 3-36-1 record?  I wouldn't have been upset if Baker had repeated his Oklahoma- OSU act, and planted a Browns flag right in the middle of that Bengal B.   

Still pissed Huey wimped out and didn't go for it against the Raiders. If you can't make 1\2 yard, you don't deserve to win.  

Fuck Steven Assclown and any of those other talking heads on tv who just sit there and shout and argue at each other.  How dumb or bored do you need to be to watch that shit.   

I'll take and respect this opinion from Peter King....a guy who has covered the NFL forever and is respected by teams in the league and trusted enough that last week the Saints gave him full access to their meetings and walk throughs the night before the game against Philly.

I like the way Gregg Williams thinks, at least this week. The Browns enter December with a pulse. They’re 1.5 games out of the sixth playoff seed. I cannot believe I just wrote that short paragraph. Is Sam Rutigliano the coach? Paul Brown? Blanton Collier? Before flying south to Cincinnati to try to break a seven-game losing streak, the Browns got a playoff primer from coach Gregg Williams. The interim coach told me he showed his players they were still in the race. “I showed them who was alive,” Williams said. “And we are. I also showed them the remaining teams on our schedule, and how five of the six were still alive. I wanted them to see we’re in it.” Actually, every team left—first the Bengals, and then Houston, Carolina, Denver, Cincinnati again and Baltimore—was alive. And still is. “But my big thing is: One day at a time. One practice at a time. One game at a time. One meeting at a time. And they’ve listened well. They stay in the moment.” Baker Mayfield was very good at that Sunday, leading the Browns to their biggest lead since mastodons roamed the earth, 28-0 late in the first half. It’s interesting watching Mayfield. He’s got a lot of Russell Wilson in him. When things are going great, he comes out with confidence, and you think he’s going to make a play. When he’s down big, he comes out with confidence, and you think he’s going to make a play. He’s not overly celebratory. He threw four touchdown passes Sunday, and he didn’t go batcrap after a single one of them. He’s happy, and he’ll high-five or hug his mates, but he doesn’t go whirlygigging around the field. It’s because Mayfield expected what just happened. He’s not particularly surprised. “I don’t want to put too much pressure on him,” Williams told me. “But I’ve had the luxury of being on teams with excellent quarterbacks, and I’ve gone against Hall of Fame quarterbacks in my 29 years coaching. And Baker has the innate leadership that shows me he belongs. Grown men can smell whether you belong. They know he does. In his mind, already, he can play the game at a slo-mo pace. I see the similarities to a young Drew Brees.” Gregg Williams is given to hyperbole. But watching Mayfield play for three months, I see he might be on to something here.

Baker Mayfield, quarterback, Cleveland. The first pick of the 2018 draft, in a 15-minute first-half span, threw touchdown passes of 13 yards (Antonio Callaway), six yards (David Njoku) and 14 yards (Nick Chubb, miraculously, pilfered off a DB’s back) to post the most shocking score of the first 12 weeks of the season: Cleveland 28, Cincinnati 0, at Paul Brown Stadium. For the day, in a 35-20 win, Mayfield completed 19 of 26 throws, with four touchdowns and no interceptions. Mayfield’s the real thing, if you have not been watching.

This was an interesting comment I saw on cleveland.com 

"The attitude and leadership of this kid - off the charts awesome. 

Think back to when Antonio Brown kicked Spencer Lanning in the face - you think that would have gone unpunished (as it did) had Baker been leading that 2014 team? 

How about Harrison's helmet-to-helmet hit on Colt McCoy in 2012? If that had been Baker taking that shot, what do you think would have happened? 

Answer (in both cases): the bench would have cleared, and the Browns would have fought back. 

They didn't have this fight, this energy, before...certainly not under Hue Jackson's leadership...but now they do. "

22 minutes ago, nickers said:

Stephen A A$$hole.... Need I say anything more?

16 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

1000lbs of pounds of stupid..

OK- so we're supposed to feel sorry for Hue because he was doing a lousy job and got fired? Yeah, maybe on a personal level- a little. NFL coaching is a cutthroat business, you're well compensated- and it's win or you're gone.   

If you want a workplace analogy, you and 50 other guys are working for a lousy boss, production is down, and morale is in the dumpster. He gets fired, and the new boss is turning things around.  Think the employees still there are out of line saying, "gee, we're glad that bozo is gone?"    

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

OK- so we're supposed to feel sorry for Hue because he was doing a lousy job and got fired? Yeah, maybe on a personal level- a little. NFL coaching is a cutthroat business, you're well compensated- and it's win or you're gone.   

If you want a workplace analogy, you and 50 other guys are working for a lousy boss, production is down, and morale is in the dumpster. He gets fired, and the new boss is turning things around.  Think the employees still there are out of line saying, "gee, we're glad that bozo is gone?"    

Players are somewhat like children.. They need to be Taught, Disciplined and "Loved" Hue smothered them with Club Med.. No one bought in...

what is *****REALLY JACKWAGON***** about hue jackson...is throwing other players under the bus.

he even partly blamed Baker Mayfield for his being fired.

that is sick, far worse than just stupid.

Didn't blame the play of his first choice for qb - who just....happens to be black.

But dumped on Baker. And those sports farts want to blame Baker for being unhappy with hue jackson?

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2018/11/02/cleveland-browns-hue-jackson-throws-baker-mayfield-under-bus/

"Jackson cocked his verbal rifle and shot Mayfield down on Friday morning, when he appeared on ESPN’s midday show, First Take. The hubris, or rather Hue-bris, of this man seems to know no bounds. Despite going 3-36-1 in his tenure with the Browns, Jackson blamed Mayfield’s performance this season as a part of why he got fired. "

Hue is a smiling scumbucket. Now I understand why Randall gave the "game ball" to hue in front of everybody.

Damn straight. This team loves their real deal rookie qb.

17 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

what is *****REALLY JACKWAGON***** about hue jackson...is throwing other players under the bus.

he even partly blamed Baker Mayfield for his being fired.

that is sick, far worse than just stupid.

Didn't blame the play of his first choice for qb - who just....happens to be black.

But dumped on Baker. And those sports farts want to blame Baker for being unhappy with hue jackson?

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2018/11/02/cleveland-browns-hue-jackson-throws-baker-mayfield-under-bus/

"Jackson cocked his verbal rifle and shot Mayfield down on Friday morning, when he appeared on ESPN’s midday show, First Take. The hubris, or rather Hue-bris, of this man seems to know no bounds. Despite going 3-36-1 in his tenure with the Browns, Jackson blamed Mayfield’s performance this season as a part of why he got fired. "

Hue is a smiling scumbucket. Now I understand why Randall gave the "game ball" to hue in front of everybody.

Damn straight. This team loves their real deal rookie qb.

Yeah- heard a great tweet when Lewis asked Hue how they were going to slow down the Browns offense after the first quarter.  "Bench Mayfield and Chubb."   

If he could not walk the walk after talking the talk ( another Manziel, Kizer, Weeden, etc) then people can gripe but he is backing up his bravado and I take no shit attitude with franchise quarterback play ....... dicks on TV should just let him play .... I am so happy he plays for us and not against us ......rookie of the year material already

5 minutes ago, darren15 said:

If he could not walk the walk after talking the talk ( another Manziel, Kizer, Weeden, etc) then people can gripe but he is backing up his bravado and I take no shit attitude with franchise quarterback play ....... dicks on TV should just let him play .... I am so happy he plays for us and not against us ......rookie of the year material already

The unsaid truth is Steven A. does not like a black coach being dissed by a white kid when the real fact is the kid is not prejudiced (ask his teammates), he's just right! Hue sucked as a HC and his race had nothing to do with that fact.

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The unsaid truth is Steven A. does not like a black coach being dissed by a white kid when the real fact is the kid is not prejudiced (ask his teammates), he's just right! Hue sucked as a HC and his race had nothing to do with that fact.

I didn't view that video....is that what he really said?...or implied?

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He did not say it, but Steven A has a little history of occasional favoritism there.

Regarding Steven A- I can't stand the guy. Sad when Scott Van Pelt moved to the night anchor on Sportscenter. Even more sadly, they decided to let this guy spout early afternoon in his place. I'll channel flip to Fox to listen to Rich Eisen  the second I hear this guy.    

Guess when Colin Cowherd left ESPN- they needed a resident a-hole to take his place. And Smith tops Colin in that regard. 

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Regarding Steven A- I can't stand the guy. Sad when Scott Van Pelt moved to the night anchor on Sportscenter. Even more sadly, they decided to let this guy spout early afternoon in his place. I'll channel flip to Fox to listen to Rich Eisen  the second I hear this guy.    

Guess when Colin Cowherd left ESPN- they needed a resident a-hole to take his place. And Smith tops Colin in that regard. 

Yeah...and SVP and Rich Eisen both had no problem with what Baker did or said after the game.

To paraphrase Jeff Foxworthy... if you use the phrase "happens to be black", you might be a racist.

22 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Lol please tell me where you are seeing Hue apologists in this thread. 

It was a rookie rant in search of a target...

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

Well, Baker just doubled down and called Hue "fake" LOL!

Pretty sure we all knew that. I'd guess that was what Baker left unsaid in the post-game. That his phoniness was the real reason for rejecting Hue's "love" hug.

More Frak'em media.. Here's little Baker singing a cornie ..Pink Floyd fav.. S9cp.gif     Baker don't need Hue's education... Baker don't need Hue's thought control.... No Hue's, dark sarcasm in the locker room.... Hey, HueJax..Leave them kids alone!..... All & All. HueJax was just another, prick within The Walls...     

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

More Frak'em media.. Here's little Baker singing a cornie ..Pink Floyd fav.. S9cp.gif     Baker don't need Hue's education... Baker don't need Hue's thought control.... No Hue's, dark sarcasm in the locker room.... Hey, HueJax..Leave them kids alone!..... All & All. HueJax was just another, prick within The Walls...     

Oi 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Pure truth. Stevie Ahole, Dumbass Woody and Cris Carter are just pissed some White kid is dissing their brotha, never mind the fact Hue regularly threw players under the bus including Baker. The fact is a White player is standing up to a black coach and they wont tolerate it. Shit, Carter flat out dropped the race card 1 minute into his spiel. 

Archived