THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker speaking some truth

jcam222

Gotta love his post game interview. When asked why his convo with Hue after the game was brief he said because he didnt feel like talking. Doesn't like the fact he jumped to a division rival. Boldly later told reporters we are winning with the same talent because the team has someone they believe in calling plays now. LOL LOVE the honesty

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/baker-mayfield-postgame-press-conference-vs-bengals

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The last comment could be more direct atHaley then at Hue possibly

Definitely both I would say but good point. I found it so humorous I posted without completing my thoughts lol. He was pretty clear in his dislike for both Hue and Haley for sure. 

That's a solid point, Flying. If the players are believing in the person calling the plays, they're going to be more engaged. And I also think the success feeds on itself. The more we succeed, the more we'll EXPECT to succeed. It's also interesting that we don't really have a particular "go-to guy", ya know? Sure, we obviously want to run the ball with Chubb, but we don't necessarily target anyone excessively in the passing game now, whereas in the past we would throw it to Jarvis 15 times a game. 

The one thing I'd say for Kitchens is that he needs to learn how to better call plays with a lead. Perhaps he did just fine and the second half was simply the normal ebb and flow of the game, but we seemed a bit choppy offensively, and I want to say the same thing happened against the Falcons. Additionally, he hasn't quite mastered the art of the trick play yet, and when to call them. I'm not sure our FG kicker would've made the long kick today, but he called a reverse on a 3rd and 7 while we were in FG range, and it cost us a chance at getting 3 huge points. Now, a part of me was actually GLAD we had to punt because our punter is lights out, and I don't trust our kicker, but still...it's another trick style play that yielded poor results for us. 

All that being said, the failed reverse wasn't completely on Kitchens. Why? The Cincy safety was obviously blitzing on the play. He was at the line and foaming at the mouth. We didn't have a blocker to account for him. Baker HAS to see this and take a timeout or alter the play. This has happened several times this year, and it's a reminder that Baker is a rookie, and far from a finished product. Regardless of how amazing he can be at times! 

53 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

The one thing I'd say for Kitchens is that he needs to learn how to better call plays with a lead. Perhaps he did just fine and the second half was simply the normal ebb and flow of the game, but we seemed a bit choppy offensively, and I want to say the same thing happened against the Falcons. Additionally, he hasn't quite mastered the art of the trick play yet, and when to call them. 

I agree 100% the playcalling was run, run, run when the focus should have been to acquire a few first downs. It was the safe thing to do, with a back up QB playing but a play action call on 2nd or 3rd would have been nice.

The 3rd and 7 trick play wasn’t executed well, I believe Njoku missed his assignment and he blew it up. I’m happier them calling that play up 15 then in a tie game at some point in the 4th quarter on first down(what Todd Haley was doing)

All you Hue apologists and whatever the fuck else....shut the fuck up.. screw that dude and haley and everyone else that's not on board. This is a fucking football team and you all are shell shocked. Believe...root...love...cheer.. fuck the past they are gone and never coming back praise jesus. Get on the train Baker is coming to town!!! Next stop Houston where we will shred their secondary. Bitch about the past but the future is ou so bright.

9 minutes ago, LeftEdge said:

All you Hue apologists and whatever the fuck else....shut the fuck up.. screw that dude and haley and everyone else that's not on board. This is a fucking football team and you all are shell shocked. Believe...root...love...cheer.. fuck the past they are gone and never coming back praise jesus. Get on the train Baker is coming to town!!! Next stop Houston where we will shred their secondary. Bitch about the past but the future is out so bright.

Lol please tell me where you are seeing Hue apologists in this thread. 

1 minute ago, jcam222 said:

Lol please tell me where you are seeing Hue apologists in this thread. 

No where never should there be. Any discussion of hue outside of us shitting on him on the sidelines should be immediately banned and thrown in the trash. Enjoy some winning football and quit with this shit. 

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The last comment could be more direct atHaley then at Hue possibly

Nope, sorry. Completely wrong. Hue was boss. It all rested on him and ended with him. We sucked horribly before holey and it only continued with him. Hues mess. Hues responsibility. Time to board to bus and run the pinhead over

5 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Nope, sorry. Completely wrong. Hue was boss. It all rested on him and ended with him. We sucked horribly before holey and it only continued with him. Hues mess. Hues responsibility. Time to board to bus and run the pinhead over

But Baker said directly that "we now have confidence in the people we have calling plays".....and it was Haley who was calling plays.  So....at worst, it was directed at both Hue and Haley....but I see it more at Haley.  So, sorry, you are wrong...at least partially. 

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

But Baker said directly that "we now have confidence in the people we have calling plays".....and it was Haley who was calling plays.  So....at worst, it was directed at both Hue and Haley....but I see it more at Haley.  So, sorry, you are wrong...at least partially. 

We’ll never know how much it was one guys fault or the other,  but I think we can all agree it was 100% necessary.

19 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Nope, the OC draws up the game plan he’s paid to draw up. The HC gotta sign off. 

1 minute ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Nope, the OC draws up the game plan he’s paid to draw up. The HC gotta sign off. 

Yea.....the OC draws up the game plan.  The OC calls the plays, and the HC signs off.   And these two arseburgers couldn't agree on fuck all how to do that, and they are both gone.   And Baker's statement was aimed at the play caller...and that WAS Haley.  And by inference it also included Hue in there. 

Just accept that fact....and your life will go much easier.

Archived