THE BROWNS BOARD

John Dorsey Appreciation Thread

stillmotion

He did what Jimmy asked and gave Hue a chance, nailed many of the draft picks, and is putting us in a situation to win. You gotta give the guy some props.

KC is unstoppable and he was a big contributor towards that. I'm cool giving Dorsey lots of credit for us looking the best we have in years as of lately.

Also, Hue has to be the worst NFL coach in history. He was in charge of our offense for 2-3 years. You mean to tell me him "helping" the Bengals Defense vs. us results in us spanking them for 28 points in a half? There HAS to be a pattern there. and LOL at randall handing Hue the football after he picked it off.

27 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Remember Hue saying "Trust Me" as an explanation for drafting Cody Kessler 5 rounds early? I do trust him.. to always make the wrong decision.

[For those who've deliberately forgotten, Kessler was drafted in the 3rd with UDFA talent]

and thank god sashi didnt turn the paper work in on the Mcarron trade that hue wanted back to dorsey his draft looks better and better every week

Have been plenty of hits (Denzel, Chubb, Avery, all those he brought into the CB room) and some misses (Landry, Chad Thomas, Corbett so far) but he nailed thw QB in Baker with the #1 pick and in the long run that is all that matters. 

10 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Have been plenty of hits (Denzel, Chubb, Avery, all those he brought into the CB room) and some misses (Landry, Chad Thomas, Corbett so far) but he nailed thw QB in Baker with the #1 pick and in the long run that is all that matters. 

Landry is not a miss yet. He wasn't brought in here to be a number 1 receiver but was thrust into that role when Gordon screwed up one too many times. Landry does a lot of unsung stuff. Good leader in the locker room great blocker and believe me that rubs off on our other wideouts. He's an agitator and brings a lot of toughness. Early to call Corbett a miss. We just have two good guards and a solid center. He's a depth guy. At the top of the 2nd you'd like more sure but i dont know that he wont develop into more.

31 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Dorsey calls plays?

He is the CEO on the field. He LET thos plays be called. He oversaw the team going into the tank.

We will.find out a lot a out what  kind of HC he is this week. If he doesn't rail on tjis team going into the tank, then he isn't.the guy to get us to the SB.

Sorry, but Belechik or Payton (sp.) would have come out the second half guns a blazing. This team looked like Marty and Bernie the second half, and it is inacceptable.

We are no longer a rebuilding team. We are a team with a chance at the playoffs. Time to raise the bar. Time to bury coward football on the past. If they drafted Mayfield just to turn him into coward kosar, playing not to lose, then the team needs to move.

55 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

He ruined a phenomenal.win today. Marty ball. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

who scouts Jeff Driskel gametape for christ sakes? looks like bengals receivers made some plays for him also. D front forced ball out in under 3 seconds.And just leave marty out of it. Marty and Sam were the best coaches around here in a long while.It may have looked worse with just some dumb late penalty? But Williams let them own it when they hit his sidelines .Enjoyed that Good F'n win today.. Browns garb all week with a smile :) Dorsey has played his cards perfectly..No more draft day movies needed..    

we should given Hue away to them sooner....

meanwhile, Wife's best friend calls, and she has my Wife tell me (since I watched it on record 45' off), that

just wait, I'll be sweating stress over the last two minutes. I spent most of the second half wondering when Cincy would almost tie it up.

That was just wrong. LOL

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

He is the CEO on the field. He LET thos plays be called. He oversaw the team going into the tank.

We will.find out a lot a out what  kind of HC he is this week. If he doesn't rail on tjis team going into the tank, then he isn't.the guy to get us to the SB.

Sorry, but Belechik or Payton (sp.) would have come out the second half guns a blazing. This team looked like Marty and Bernie the second half, and it is inacceptable.

We are no longer a rebuilding team. We are a team with a chance at the playoffs. Time to raise the bar. Time to bury coward football on the past. If they drafted Mayfield just to turn him into coward kosar, playing not to lose, then the team needs to move.

Dorsey is not the head coach he is the general manager in case you hadn’t heard which Apparently you haven’t

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

who scouts Jeff Driskel gametape for christ sakes? looks like bengals receivers made some plays for him also. D front forced ball out in under 3 seconds.And just leave marty out of it. Marty and Sam were the best coaches around here in a long while.It may have looked worse with just some dumb late penalty? But Williams let them own it when they hit his sidelines .Enjoyed that Good F'n win today.. Browns garb all week with a smile :) Dorsey has played his cards perfectly..No more draft day movies needed..    

Marty and Bernie were cowards. The NEVER could put a team away. NEVER. You look at the Drive game on NFL films and the Bronco players were jumping up and down when Kosar got the ball first in OT...they were shouting...." he's playing not to lose"/ Don't confuse Sam with shidtbag Marty, Sam was a great HC, Marty was garbage. The biggest choker ever to coach in the NFL. CHOKENHEIMER.

ENOUGH Marty Ball already. The team came out for the second half doing everything they could to give the ball back to Cinci. The difference in the 1st half play calling to the second was SICKENING.............. TOTALLY SICKENING.

You drafted a fauhking GUN at QB?  Then you shoot the mother-fauhking gun ALL GAME LING. You put the other sonofabitch away. The Browns should have emasculated Cinci, instead, they grabbed their ankles and greased their own axxholes. I expected a blowout. We have the talent to blow this kind of schidt team out. Instead, we purposely called plays that gave the Bengal defense the edge. 

ENOUGH of this coward, mary/Bernie football already. We have a team, we are a playoff caliber team. It is time to start ripping the nutsack off of opponents when we have them bleeding. This was like watching a shark attack a tuna and then swim away without eating it. Sorry, but Belichik would have had Mayfield trying to put up 5 more touchdowns.

We player Marty Ball. Horrible.

4 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Marty and Bernie were cowards. The NEVER could put a team away. NEVER. You look at the Drive game on NFL films and the Bronco players were jumping up and down when Kosar got the ball first in OT...they were shouting...." he's playing not to lose"/ Don't confuse Sam with shidtbag Marty, Sam was a great HC, Marty was garbage. The biggest choker ever to coach in the NFL. CHOKENHEIMER.

ENOUGH Marty Ball already. The team came out for the second half doing everything they could to give the ball back to Cinci. The difference in the 1st half play calling to the second was SICKENING.............. TOTALLY SICKENING.

You drafted a fauhking GUN at QB?  Then you shoot the mother-fauhking gun ALL GAME LING. You put the other sonofabitch away. The Browns should have emasculated Cinci, instead, they grabbed their ankles and greased their own axxholes. I expected a blowout. We have the talent to blow this kind of schidt team out. Instead, we purposely called plays that gave the Bengal defense the edge. 

ENOUGH of this coward, mary/Bernie football already. We have a team, we are a playoff caliber team. It is time to start ripping the nutsack off of opponents when we have them bleeding. This was like watching a shark attack a tuna and then swim away without eating it. Sorry, but Belichik would have had Mayfield trying to put up 5 more touchdowns.

Bella check had a losing record in four of the five seasons he was here so don’t tell us what fucking Belichick would do. Bella check is only wWhere he is is because he’s had Tom Brady

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Remember Hue saying "Trust Me" as an explanation for drafting Cody Kessler 5 rounds early? I do trust him.. to always make the wrong decision.

[For those who've deliberately forgotten, Kessler was drafted in the 3rd with UDFA talent]

Oh, him and RG Knee, and playing a not ready for prime time Kizer. Anyone want to say Baker isn't? After Cue-ball buried him behind Taylor? 

2 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

When you going to get over no GM in the history of the league ever bats 1.000 ? Landry is a really valuable piece of the team, and seems like you're the only Negative Nancy ragging on him. He wasn't brought here to ring up 1,500 yards and 15 touchdowns. 

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

we should given Hue away to them sooner....

meanwhile, Wife's best friend calls, and she has my Wife tell me (since I watched it on record 45' off), that

just wait, I'll be sweating stress over the last two minutes. I spent most of the second half wondering when Cincy would almost tie it up.

That was just wrong. LOL

Said way before the half. Ghoolie was going to accuse the Browns of playing Mary ball. 

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Oh, him and RG Knee, and playing a not ready for prime time Kizer. Anyone want to say Baker isn't? After Cue-ball buried him behind Taylor? 

When you going to get over no GM in the history of the league ever bats 1.000 ? Landry is a really valuable piece of the team, and seems like you're the only Negative Nancy ragging on him. He wasn't brought here to ring up 1,500 yards and 15 touchdowns. 

Said way before the half. Ghoolie was going to accuse the Browns of playing Mary ball. 

Landry is trash. We need to get out of the terrible contract he has. 

16 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Don't confuse Sam with shidtbag Marty, Sam was a great HC, Marty was garbage. 

ghools it's 2018..sorry man but it's just Time to bury that lifetime brain DVD box set into lake erie, just like they did to the muni that we all had great times in..A) This team could be better than Bill's/Sam's or Marty's..B) with a dipstick owner that just saw his favor'd coach get banged by Dorsey's kids.More reason to Keep Out Mr.Haslam .C) We just need a leader of men to coach this team..That maybe closer to being in place also?.......... It's about time for the New Browns to get this right 🙏

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Hold up Dorsey is the head coach now? Come on Ghoolie thought you were dropping the schtik.

30 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Landry is trash. We need to get out of the terrible contract he has. 

I already said, you have your head up your azz regarding Landry. He's right on pace to rack up the numbers he was brought here for. 1,000 yards and 100 receptions. His contract makes him pretty untradeable too...   

Or you have the idea players are going out of their way to say "I really want to go to Cleveland...  LOL We still had to overpay for talent- and Landry has plenty of it. Still pining for the days of hands of stone Braylon Edwards, apparently.  

I have zero interest in throwing the ball to Landry 20 times  a game because of completion numbers. It didn’t win games for Miami and it won’t here. 

He holds a NFL record of some kind for the lowest yards per catch for anyone over 100 receptions in a season. He’s slow, he doesn’t score TD’s and he scares nobody. 

2 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I have zero interest in throwing the ball to Landry 20 times  a game because of completion numbers. It didn’t win games for Miami and it won’t here. 

He holds a NFL record of some kind for the lowest yards per catch for anyone over 100 receptions in a season. He’s slow, he doesn’t score TD’s and he scares nobody. 

And he's the best possession receiver in the NFL. Get over it. Moved the chains a couple times today in critical situations. 

13 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And he's the best possession receiver in the NFL. Get over it. Moved the chains a couple times today in critical situations. 

I don’t have to get over anything I just have a different opinion on him. And for me what he does is easily replaceable. I’ve said that since we traded for him and before we gave him a shedload of cash. 

Just now, LondonBrown said:

I don’t have to get over anything I just have a different opinion on him. And for me what he does is easily replaceable. I’ve said that since we traded for him and before we gave him a shedload of cash. 

He has a similar role that Garrett has on the D, he takes some of the D away that must cover his option just like Garrett usually occupies a couple of D players most of the time.

Archived