THE BROWNS BOARD

Njoku

LondonBrown

Njoku is very young, but you can see his confidence building. I really thought he was going to fumble on that touchdown, but he didn't, and he made quite a play (with help from our OL!). 

He's starting to get more YAC, and he's looking comfortable with the ball. His hands have looked solid, and he's definitely a guy who likes the ball high. I adored the touchdown celebration with the offensive linemen joining in on the Chief Slam! Classic! 

14 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

What’s also not difficult is to not demand the demotion of a 20 year old because of a drop or two

I get why you are pulling for him so hard, considering how few Sashi-drafted players are worth a shit. 

That's not difficult to understand, either. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I get why you are pulling for him so hard, considering how few Sashi-drafted players are worth a shit. 

That's not difficult to understand, either. 

Lol your standard response. 

You were wrong again, like you were with Hyde and Chubb, yet continue to speak like some authorative figure who everyone should listen too. 

You and Hue would make a good team actually. 

27 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Lol your standard response. 

You were wrong again, like you were with Hyde and Chubb, yet continue to speak like some authorative figure who everyone should listen too. 

You and Hue would make a good team actually. 

I was wrong on Hyde and Chubb how? 

I get that passive-aggressive "I told you" posts are your thing, along with storming off this board because your tender sensibilities have been hurt, but this is a new development. Are all Brits twats like you, or are you special? 

David is way young for 2 years in nfl. And i think having Fells around can only make him better..Watched a lot of ACC games due to my location. If you watched Fells teach blocking to Cajuste? Njoku was very similar lacking explosion from stance. He's gotten better, but just not great... yet. I'd almost prefer to see DeValve/Fells block than stand Njoku up..Once No joke gets to 3rd 4th stride standing him up, he'd explode at top speed like at The U..He's far from pulling away from anybody in this league & that happens..but not many small speed guys can cover his height either. loved watching the power of David at the goalline today..that was beast-ku..   

Njoku hasn't reached his potential yet but the ceiling is high. I'd put him in the slot once in awhile or split him wide too. 

On a side note, a winning streak. I think we all forgot how nice it feels lol.

6 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

The expert Dutch. 

Show me a post where I said he should be gone. 

If anything, I said I was really high on the kid going into this season, and was disappointed that he started the season off poorly. And he did. 

He's been playing much better, which is great.

But let's not let facts get in the way of one of LondonBrown's tantrums. 

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

It's also easier to catch when you have a QB putting the ball on the money.

He dropped some that were on the money. At the end of the day drops is usually a matter of concentration especially for players who work the middle like Njoku.

That being said, consistent QB play can’t hurt the cause

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It's also easier to catch when you have a QB putting the ball on the money.

But that's the thing with Mayfield and Njoku - there's been quite a few instances where Mayfield really hasn't put the ball on the money to Njoku, and the kid has made fantastic catches to help Baker out. Njoku has really come on this season. He's very important to this team down the road. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

But that's the thing with Mayfield and Njoku - there's been quite a few instances where Mayfield really hasn't put the ball on the money to Njoku, and the kid has made fantastic catches to help Baker out. Njoku has really come on this season. He's very important to this team down the road. 

Maybe I should amend that to say in the same area code. LOL!😁

16 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

He dropped some that were on the money. At the end of the day drops is usually a matter of concentration especially for players who work the middle like Njoku.

That being said, consistent QB play can’t hurt the cause

He was dropping passes in the preseason as we saw on Hard Knocks when he stayed after practice catching passes off the machine.   It does seem to be a concentration issue.  He catches the hard ones and he drops the ones that hit him in the hands.  That seems to have gone away in the last few weeks, kinda like all the penalties and the dropped passes in general over the last 3 weeks.

4 minutes ago, Mark O said:

He was dropping passes in the preseason as we saw on Hard Knocks when he stayed after practice catching passes off the machine.   It does seem to be a concentration issue.  He catches the hard ones and he drops the ones that hit him in the hands.  That seems to have gone away in the last few weeks, kinda like all the penalties and the dropped passes in general over the last 3 weeks.

Mark, that's a terrific point.  I was actually going to comment on the dropped passes, and they've somehow become a non-issue.  I don't know HOW, and I really don't care, LOL.  I'm also really impressed with Antonio Callaway lately.  That 3rd and 11 he caught on the sideline was a magical example of Baker being Baker, and a receiver excelling at his craft.  That was a game-changing moment in the game, and that completion lead directly to a TD.  

On 11/25/2018 at 5:18 PM, Dutch Oven said:

People don't want him gone because he's not dropping balls on the regular anymore. 

It's not that difficult to comprehend. 

Did people really want him 'gone'?  

I know that we sometimes got down on him because he dropped really easy balls that brought on the punter.....but isn't that a normal reaction?  Especially when he drops a ball in just about every game ya watch.  And we've all seen the talent.  He makes some really difficult catches.  -  It's really good that he's strung some games together.  5 targets and 5 catches against the Bengals.  Really good to see!

On 11/25/2018 at 5:27 PM, Dutch Oven said:

I was wrong on Hyde and Chubb how? 

I get that passive-aggressive "I told you" posts are your thing, along with storming off this board because your tender sensibilities have been hurt, but this is a new development. Are all Brits twats like you, or are you special? 

Dutch... seriously STFU.

You play the Sashi card out of nowhere and it's gotten very, very old.

Drop it...

9 hours ago, Orion said:

I know that we sometimes got down on him because he dropped really easy balls that brought on the punter.....but isn't that a normal reaction?  Especially when he drops a ball in just about every game ya watch.  And we've all seen the talent.  He makes some really difficult catches.  -  It's really good that he's strung some games together.  5 targets and 5 catches against the Bengals.  Really good to see!

I was as tough on Njoku as anybody, but I NEVER wanted him gone. I was just tired of the drops and the occasional missed block that hurt us. He's REALLY been stepping up his play, and that diving catch he made on the laser seam pass was stunning. It was also a bad pass by the normally uber accurate Mayfield. Njoku was extremely open and Baker HAS to put that ball on him so Njoku can have the chance to run after the catch. 

23 hours ago, Orion said:

Who knows... ask LondonBrown, he's the guy who started this nonsense. 

But don't ask him too strongly, or Tour will strike down the vengeance upon thee. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Who knows... ask LondonBrown, he's the guy who started this nonsense. 

But don't ask him too strongly, or Tour will strike down the vengeance upon thee. 

Calls 'em likes I sees 'em...

And on this one you've gone full-asshole...

...umm...to Njoku...he's got all the tools.  He's big and athletic.  Makes incredible catches...but those are the ones that you've got to concentrate really hard on.  You have to block out everything and focus.  He's just got to DO that consistently when the pass is right too him and easy to catch.  I think on those, he sometimes starts looking/thinking about where he's going to run and forgets to look the ball all the way in. - Braylon Edwards used to do that...except HE wasn't looking to run, he was looking out in case someone might hit him and give him a boo-boo.

Njoku has a chance to make a big name for himself.  If Baker thinks that he can rely on him, he'll get him the ball.

29 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Calls 'em likes I sees 'em...

And on this one you've gone full-asshole...

Somehow I'll survive, Tour. 

What's more interesting is why you feel like you need to run to LondonBrown's defense constantly... 

Considering how often he gets called a troll, or a Negative Nancy, well... that must be exhausting. 

Archived