THE BROWNS BOARD

Will Harbaugh want the Browns job now

The Gipper

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Jim Harbaugh may want to abandon the college game at this point. the best defense in football giving up like 62 points boy

LOL, if he can't beat Urban, how is he ever going to beat Bill? Just no to Harbaugh. His post game presser (which I heard) was pathetic

Cheers to Dorsey doing his job..He was at Sooners vs. WV last night. Than traveled to Columbus for today's game . I applaud his approach at this, cause the sky is no longer falling in Cleveland.Just as Dorsey landed as GM here, he has 6 games to evaluate players reacting to some qualified coaches now. As for Jim, we have a defensive coach now in GW. Am not sure how Baker would react to Jim HardBalls... Plvq.gif  LWKZ.gif  MCeh.gif                

If it's a Harbaugh that is being discussed, the only one I'd consider as coach of Cleveland is currently getting a paycheck from Baltimore.

As an Ohio state fan: Please let UM keep Jim Harbaugh forever..

How many isolation routes did he call for their backup blocking TE today when they have multiple 5-star WR's? I lost count at 2..

6 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

If it's a Harbaugh that is being discussed, the only one I'd consider as coach of Cleveland is currently getting a paycheck from Baltimore.

As an Ohio state fan: Please let UM keep Jim Harbaugh forever..

How many isolation routes did he call for their backup blocking TE today when they have multiple 5-star WR's? I lost count at 2..

Well said!

Neither team looked like they looked all season long yesterday. 

The only thing Ohio State did wrong was bring that meaningless goal line QB in.

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Well said!

Neither team looked like they looked all season long yesterday. 

The only thing Ohio State did wrong was bring that meaningless goal line QB in.

Between Ohio State feeling the need to force Martell into the game and all their penalties, TTUN is lucky they didn't get 70+ hung on them yesterday. 

Martell will be a good QB for OSU - just not this season. 

It seems ridiculous now but there was talk of a QB battle in fall camp between Haskins and Martell.. Martell is a really good athlete playing QB, more in the mold of Troy Smith than Barrett.  I thought those plays were more "We have to get this guy on the field somehow."  It brought back memories of Troy Smith returning kickoffs the year before he started at QB..

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Martell will be a good QB for OSU - just not this season. 

It seems ridiculous now but there was talk of a QB battle in fall camp between Haskins and Martell.. Martell is a really good athlete playing QB, more in the mold of Troy Smith than Barrett.  I thought those plays were more "We have to get this guy on the field somehow."  It brought back memories of Troy Smith returning kickoffs the year before he started at QB..

I was just thinking about that too - how the hell was there a QB battle in camp? 

I think Haskins leaves OSU, and I think its a big mistake for him. He needs more experience. 

I hope Martell is more like Smith than Barrett. Smith was IMO a far more balanced QB. Much better passer than Barrett. 

19 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Jim Harbaugh may want to abandon the college game at this point. the best defense in football giving up like 62 points boy

Worst loss in his roughly 173 +/- game coaching career and continuing the "can't win the big one" tag. Not good for the resume, he'll probably stay put at Michigan.....he certainly has a sweet deal there. NFL HC would not necessarily be a step up.

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

Worst loss in his roughly 173 +/- game coaching career and continuing the "can't win the big one" tag. Not good for the resume, he'll probably stay put at Michigan.....he certainly has a sweet deal there. NFL HC would not necessarily be a step up.

I don’t think he would be in trouble at all in Michigan. The question is whether not he would just see the writing on the wall and say look I’ve done this so let me try to go back to the NFL. 

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don’t think he would be in trouble at all in Michigan. The question is whether not he would just see the writing on the wall and say look I’ve done this so let me try to go back to the NFL. 

Remember the last go round with Hoke, Miles and the other names? Will the boosters, AD, Michigan brass, and somewhat fans start to say "one more year"?

Actually "m" has improved but their measuring stick is a tough one The OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY Buckeyes and Tressel & Meyer who have buried them.

.....oh add, michigan may win 11 games this year.

John would be a good get.

Jim would too, but he's not leaving. He's not getting fired. Smh

And Haskins should learn from Cardale's mistake. He should go pro. A year on an NFL roster will be much better experience than a year throwing bubble screens and crossing routes. Meyer isn't going to develop a pro style qb. He should go while his stock is high. Especially if he goes on a Cardale like run.

That's all objective feedback, btw. No bias factored in. 

7 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

John would be a good get.

Jim would too, but he's not leaving. He's not getting fired. Smh

And Haskins should learn from Cardale's mistake. He should go pro. A year on an NFL roster will be much better experience than a year throwing bubble screens and crossing routes. Meyer isn't going to develop a pro style qb. He should go while his stock is high. Especially if he goes on a Cardale like run.

That's all objective feedback, btw. No bias factored in. 

On Haskins going pro I guess since he is a redshirt sophomore I believe he would be eligible to go. Of course the question is is it ready to go. I’m not sure about that but I understand what you say about getting his training on an NFL roster rather than on the college roster it might make some sense. I think the thing he may want to check out is whether or not he would go high in the draft which I really think he would even as close to number one. Given the paucity of potential franchise quarterback’s in this coming draft. He could be the prime choice of a number of teams

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

He's not going #1 Gip.......

But there does seem to be a lack of QBs this draft. It could definitely push him up 

A guy like him could certainly be considered for the number one spot. He is a Proto typical drop back professional quarterback and those are fairly rare these days. It would only be his inexperience really that would prevent him from going number one but it only takes the one team to see the potential value in him. I mean no one considered Baker Mayfield a potential number one pick. Hell you could have Ohio State players going number one and number two in this next draft with him and Bosa it is not out of the realm of possibility

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

A guy like him could certainly be considered for the number one spot. He is a Proto typical drop back professional quarterback and those are fairly rare these days. It would only be his inexperience really that would prevent him from going number one but it only takes the one team to see the potential value in him. I mean no one considered Baker Mayfield a potential number one pick. Hell you could have Ohio State players going number one and number two in this next draft with him and Bosa it is not out of the realm of possibility

Remember the two year savior Kizer? Not a good idea they tend to go to bad teams with high picks and get pressed into service too early.

Stay at least one more year at OSU -BUT- money sometimes talks and if his advisors say he is ready he might take it......and the retirement worthy signing bonus.

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

Remember the two year savior Kizer? Not a good idea they tend to go to bad teams with high picks and get pressed into service too early.

Stay at least one more year at OSU -BUT- money sometimes talks and if his advisors say he is ready he might take it......and the retirement worthy signing bonus.

I will have to check when I get back to my desk top computer rather than being on the phone but I recall seeing that as far as potential quarterback prospects Haskins was only like third or fourth. But you never know that could change I’m not sure who was ahead of him some guys from the West Coast I think Washington Oregon or something like that. 

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I think Woodys point that he would be better off in his professional development if he were to come out now would also include the proviso that he should not go straight into being given the starting job but should be on the bench learning. Unlike Kaiser

That always sounds great, but rarely happens with high picks at QB.

Josh Allen was a QB prospect that even supporters thought needed to sit this season and slowly be brought in. Of course he's thrown into the starting job almost immediately. 

But Woody does have a good point - Urban Meyer's offense isn't the best in teaching up a potential NFL QB. It surprises me prototype pocket QBs like Haskins don't go to a college program that runs more of a pro-style offense, but then again, they are few and far between. 

40 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That always sounds great, but rarely happens with high picks at QB.

Josh Allen was a QB prospect that even supporters thought needed to sit this season and slowly be brought in. Of course he's thrown into the starting job almost immediately. 

But Woody does have a good point - Urban Meyer's offense isn't the best in teaching up a potential NFL QB. It surprises me prototype pocket QBs like Haskins don't go to a college program that runs more of a pro-style offense, but then again, they are few and far between. 

On the other hand the pro game is becoming to look like the college game a lot

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I think Woodys point that he would be better off in his professional development if he were to come out now would also include the proviso that he should not go straight into being given the starting job but should be on the bench learning. Unlike Kaiser

Correct.

We broke Kizer.

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Remember the last go round with Hoke, Miles and the other names? Will the boosters, AD, Michigan brass, and somewhat fans start to say "one more year"?

Actually "m" has improved but their measuring stick is a tough one The OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY Buckeyes and Tressel & Meyer who have buried them.

.....oh add, michigan may win 11 games this year.

The problem is- Michigan of late can't out recruit Ohio State, certainly not out coach them. 

10 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Correct.

We broke Kizer.

Nope. Woodster. I'm a resident ND hatah, and I saw far too much of Kizer at the Golden Dome. Sashimi saw the big arm- and nothing else. He was exactly what I thought he was playing for the Browns, a mostly  inaccurate cannon that threw far too many picks, and made terrible decisions with the football. 

29 minutes ago, hoorta said:

The problem is- Michigan of late can't out recruit Ohio State, certainly not out coach them. 

Nope. Woodster. I'm a resident ND hatah, and I saw far too much of Kizer at the Golden Dome. Sashimi saw the big arm- and nothing else. He was exactly what I thought he was playing for the Browns, a mostly  inaccurate cannon that threw far too many picks, and made terrible decisions with the football. 

And he should have never been playing. That's the point.

Well actually the point is Haskins should head for the NFL while his stock is high instead of repeating Cardale's  mistake. Kizer leaving (a situation where he'd arguably get better pro development) and getting thrown into the fire as a rookie much too soon doesn't mean Haskins shouldn't go pro.

Archived