THE BROWNS BOARD

Another NFL owner dies

The Gipper

Just saw that Houston Texans owner Bob McNair died today. That makes at least the second NFL owner who is died this year. Paul Allen owner of the Seahawks died earlier. So they could be some changes going on there. My understanding is that Alan’s family will Probably not to continue ownership, however I don’t know about McNear’s family obviously too early

There are currently seven NFL owners who are over the age of 75 the oldest been Virginia Mccaskey owner of the Bears age 95, then Martha Ford owner of the lions 93, Bill Bidwill owner of the cardinals age 87 , Mike Brown owner of the Bengals age 83, Stephen Ross owner of the dolphins age of 78, Bob Kraft owner of the patriots age 77 and Arthur Blank owner of the Falcons age 76.  I believe the teams like the Bears Lions and Cardinals are actually run by children of the owners even though the owner is still actually own the stock

27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The youngest listed owner of an NFL team is Jed York of the 49ers though I’m not sure about that considering his parents are you still alive

He's married to Marie DeBartolo York who is a billionaire.....and daughter of the ol' man E. J. DeBartolo Sr.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Just saw that Houston Texans owner Bob McNair died today. That makes at least the second NFL owner who is died this year. Paul Allen owner of the Seahawks died earlier. So they could be some changes going on there. My understanding is that Alan’s family will Probably not to continue ownership, however I don’t know about McNear’s family obviously too early

Tom Benson also died earlier this year.

McNair's son was the Chairman and COO of the Texans and will lead the team in the wake of his father's death.

Bob was well respected in the community and NFL world. I was surprised when Houston let the Oilers just slip away.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Tom Benson also died earlier this year.

McNair's son was the Chairman and COO of the Texans and will lead the team in the wake of his father's death.

Bob was well respected in the community and NFL world. I was surprised when Houston let the Oilers just slip away.

But I believe part of it was the owner of the Houston Oilers (Bud Adams) along with like minded fellow AFL carpetbagger Al Davis thought the Houston Astrodome- when built "the 8th wonder of the world"- had just gotten too shabby for his liking and moved on to greener pastures in Tennessee.  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

But I believe part of it was the owner of the Houston Oilers (Bud Adams) along with like minded fellow AFL carpetbagger Al Davis thought the Houston Astrodome- when built "the 8th wonder of the world"- had just gotten too shabby for his liking and moved on to greener pastures in Tennessee.  

Houston did not have the hold contractually over the Oilers the way Cleveland did over the Browns in respect to their stadium lease. People don’t understand it that’s the only reason we kept the Browns. 

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No actually he is the son of Marie. 38 years old

Yes Jed is the son of John but I've always heaad it is really the DeBartolo money that has bankrolled the 49ers.

Archived