THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns vs Bengals Gameday thread

CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS

33 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

For those wondering about Chubb ........................you are getting spoiled by those long runs earlier in the season and last week. He actually had 84 yards running and another 44 in pass receptions with 2 TDs. That there is an excellent day in the NFL for any RB. And the TDs came early for gut punches to Cincy right from the start, which allowed for that eventual 35-7 lead. I like this RB a ton.👍

Texas, that is such a great point.  And don't forget, he had a 20 yarder (or so) at the very end of the game, AND he stayed in bounds.  We still had to punt, but it allowed us to take off more time.  He ran tough, he caught the ball well AGAIN, and he didn't fumble it.  There are times when I yell "Hold it with two hands!", but the guy doesn't fumble somehow.  LOL.  And I REALLY like how he's becoming a real weapon in the passing game.  I also LOVED the short TD run he had.  Lower the shoulders, pump those strong legs, and get in there!  Nothing needs to be said about the TD catch.  I mean, just wow.  To be honest...I'm not sure it WAS a "catch", but hey...it was a near miraculous play, and I think the ref basically gave it to him because it was just that insane.  LOL!

And yeah, and we got spoiled with some long runs, but it sure felt like Chubb was about to bust one at any moment.  I LOVE this kid.  

Oh, one more thing.  I thought our LT Greg Robinson played well AGAIN for us.  Other than the very first play of the game, where Robinson obviously held his opponent on the nice Chubb reception but wasn't called (somehow, lol), Robinson pretty much handled his business.  Now, Robinson will REALLY have his hands full this week, but if he keeps on playing well, he's going to stay put and we somehow have our LT.  AND we have depth with a developing Desmond Harrison.  

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Texas, that is such a great point.  And don't forget, he had a 20 yarder (or so) at the very end of the game, AND he stayed in bounds.  We still had to punt, but it allowed us to take off more time.  He ran tough, he caught the ball well AGAIN, and he didn't fumble it.  There are times when I yell "Hold it with two hands!", but the guy doesn't fumble somehow.  LOL.  And I REALLY like how he's becoming a real weapon in the passing game.  I also LOVED the short TD run he had.  Lower the shoulders, pump those strong legs, and get in there!  Nothing needs to be said about the TD catch.  I mean, just wow.  To be honest...I'm not sure it WAS a "catch", but hey...it was a near miraculous play, and I think the ref basically gave it to him because it was just that insane.  LOL!

And yeah, and we got spoiled with some long runs, but it sure felt like Chubb was about to bust one at any moment.  I LOVE this kid.  

Oh, one more thing.  I thought our LT Greg Robinson played well AGAIN for us.  Other than the very first play of the game, where Robinson obviously held his opponent on the nice Chubb reception but wasn't called (somehow, lol), Robinson pretty much handled his business.  Now, Robinson will REALLY have his hands full this week, but if he keeps on playing well, he's going to stay put and we somehow have our LT.  AND we have depth with a developing Desmond Harrison.  

Both our LT and our RT will have hands full with Chubb/Miller and their backups who got a sack when they briefly replaced those two for a breather against Pitt. That defense is relentless on both ends of the LOS. We will have to really gameplan short passes and quick openers for the running game. Ball control and patience with 2-4 yd gains. There will not be time for the longer throws. Miller makes the Watt brothers look slow. There was one play yesterday when he anticipated the snap, dipped to the outside and shot between the blocking RB and RT and was past them before they could get any effective leverage on him. Ben barely had time to brace for impact. Have a look at what we will have to deal with even late in the game like this play was. You can see the TE was supposed to chip him, but can't even touch him as he flashes by.

50 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Both our LT and our RT will have hands full with Chubb/Miller and their backups who got a sack when they briefly replaced those two for a breather against Pitt. That defense is relentless on both ends of the LOS. We will have to really gameplan short passes and quick openers for the running game. Ball control and patience with 2-4 yd gains. There will not be time for the longer throws. Miller makes the Watt brothers look slow. There was one play yesterday when he anticipated the snap, dipped to the outside and shot between the blocking RB and RT and was past them before they could get any effective leverage on him. Ben barely had time to brace for impact. Have a look at what we will have to deal with even late in the game like this play was. You can see the TE was supposed to chip him, but can't even touch him as he flashes by.

I was watching that game and saw that particular play.

Brought back memories of LT and Derrick Thomas.

Game left me feeling weirdly unsatisfied...

Obviously there was a lot to love in the 1st half, but the let up in the 2nd half was nauseating... literally.

In a team of surprises, our mid-season acquisition, Perriman, may end up being the biggest.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Game left me feeling weirdly unsatisfied...

Obviously there was a lot to love in the 1st half, but the let up in the 2nd half was nauseating... literally.

In a team of surprises, our mid-season acquisition, Perriman, may end up being the biggest.

Explosion in the first half.....again versus the pitiful cinci D.

Not exactly a killer instinct close -but- they did win by 15 and got the W, I can build on that especially on the road.

GO BROWNS, W3?

Archived