THE BROWNS BOARD

I hate Thanksgiving

Ghoolie

37 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I like the new NFL overtime rules. At least now if the team who gets first possession only gets a field goal the other team will get a possession. I'm not on board with all the new NFL rules but I like this one on overtime.

1000% better than the college OT system.  At least they are playing football instead of pinball.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And my Aggies won the "basketball" football game in 7 OTs over LSWho 74-72. Life is good!👍🤩

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Honestly....what would be so wrong about a tie?   That is the most ridiculous display of bastardization of the game that I can think of.   Oh, it may have been exciting and all that, like shootouts in soccer and hockey....but it is still a fucking gimmick way to decide a game.

Exactly. 7 overtimes? What a joke. Make it 2, and if it's still tied, it's a tie. Only time you have to win is in a playoff game....   Some people think you have to have a winner in football- every time.  

PS looks like Z removed some of the cuss autocorrects....  

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Honestly....what would be so wrong about a tie?   That is the most ridiculous display of bastardization of the game that I can think of.   Oh, it may have been exciting and all that, like shootouts in soccer and hockey....but it is still a fucking gimmick way to decide a game.

I'd exchange that Browns tie this year for a gimmick win over those bastards from Pittspuke every day through Sunday. F the tie shit. Dig deep and take it away!🤩

15 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'd exchange that Browns tie this year for a gimmick win over those bastards from Pittspuke every day through Sunday. F the tie shit. Dig deep and take it away!🤩

If you don't want ties, fine.....I guess.  Just play real football until there is a winner.  

Maybe Mark Mosley is still available to be a team's kicker....straight up style.   (let me know Ag if you do not get that reference)

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

If you don't want ties, fine.....I guess.  Just play real football until there is a winner.  

Maybe Mark Mosley is still available to be a team's kicker....straight up style.   (let me know Ag if you do not get that reference)

He actually started school at A&M the same year I did (1965), but transferred out. I will have to ask my friend who played on that freshman team (and later for the Colts) if he remembers him.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He actually started school at A&M the same year I did (1965), but transferred out. I will have to ask my friend who played on that freshman team (and later for the Colts) if he remembers him.

1986  Browns, Jets playoff game, double OT.   Kicked the game winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nOGMzvBTek

Archived