THE BROWNS BOARD

I hate Thanksgiving

Ghoolie

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Buck The Frowns said:

You got that right. Anyone remember ambulance trips and arrests over Beanie Babies or Cabbage Patch Dolls on Black Friday? No one admits to being involved in that now.

The holidays are stupid. Start it off by eating enough to go into a coma. Same songs over and over, plus we decorate the outside and bring a tree inside. The tree is the most flammable object in the house, and so what do we do? We wrap it in the cheapest wire made, so crappy that it doubles as a heater element, and then plug it in and go to sleep. That’s just plain messed up.

Become an atheist then or a Jehovah’s Witness. They don’t even do birthdays

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

A tradition that is dying by the year. More important is to be the first in line for the early opening Black Friday deals,. Buy, America!!! Buy!!!  If you can't make a buck off of a holiday, it doesn't matter.   

Damn right- and the only way I can stomach turkey is if it's buried under a mountain of cranberry sauce. Grilled up a couple NY strips for me and the brother in law yesterday. If no one ate turkey- there would be a couple hundred of them per square mile in no time.  

I am the polar opposite to you and the  Ghoolie on this one. I find great joy with family and friends for the holiday. The one thing I have adjusted on Thanksgiving is not venturing out on Thursday or Friday, that we agree on. 

Short of that I love having family and friends over to our place. My wife and I cook a literal feast. We both enjoy cooking for other folks and getting feedback on our foods. We watch football , play board games , cards, pool. Guests and family  from 11 to 50's all participate in the fun and rarely are cell phones even out believe it or not.  Last activity of the day is usually packing up to go containers for all our guests. To me its a priceless day of fun and memories. 

Hoorta I could be wrong but I think you might just like at least one version of the turkey we put out this year. All versions were smoked, 1) Herb butter injected and rubbed 2) Hot salsa verde butter injected and rubbed with hot chili cumin mix. 3) Disney Drumsticks that actually taste like brown sugar ham. You'd make a great guest as I am always up for the challenge to craft something a hard to please eater might like :)

You bunch of Wimps :o..Wifie-boo & I rolled up into Walmart 30 mins before black turkey day sale. Found the helium balloon for customer line for 65" TV.Grabbed paper with barcode from Wally-Junior.""Pay at any register,loading in automotive lot. B00m!! was out of there in under 90 mins..Cracking up the whole time in line, with those 2 white socked flip flop soul sisters with phone in hand, 1 cheering Skins the other her Cowgals..Ya'all  just need to get out more;) And bodyguard your wife 💕 Peace & love..Peace & Love..  

So just have days 1 to 365, might as well eliminate the seasons, days of the week all that stuff too.

How freakin' boring I'll stick with the holidays! Especially Thanksgiving as I'm watching m vs OSU and we finish the turkey dinner later.

6 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Hoorta I could be wrong but I think you might just like at least one version of the turkey we put out this year. All versions were smoked, 1) Herb butter injected and rubbed 2) Hot salsa verde butter injected and rubbed with hot chili cumin mix. 3) Disney Drumsticks that actually taste like brown sugar ham. You'd make a great guest as I am always up for the challenge to craft something a hard to please eater might like :)

So you're saying- make turkey not taste like turkey? It's still turkey. PASS. You may not realize it, but for being a major wine guy- there's VERY few foods I actually  like. (most cheeses, breads, as long as they're not too weird) Pig, Cow. That about covers it. They can turn lamb into spam for all I care. 

Hoorta food rule #1: if it came out of the water, I don't eat it. You could offer me $100 to eat an oyster, and I'll tell you no thanks. I put a shrimp in my mouth 5 minutes later, I'm still chewing on it. My body is telling me something. 

#2: Just the smell of an egg in any of it's permutations gets my stomach churning. 

#3 Fowl is foul. 

#4 No internal organ meats will ever get close to my internal organs. 

#5 90% of all vegetables would be left to rot. Especially all of the squash family- pumpkin pie? Barf. Zucchini? Barf. Eggplant? Barf. 

In case you think I'm not adventurous, on my trips out west, I found Elk and reindeer chops to be ok, but I'll pass on buffalo, ostrich, rattlesnake and about any other animal protein.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

So you're saying- make turkey not taste like turkey? It's still turkey. PASS. You may not realize it, but for being a major wine guy- there's VERY few foods I actually  like. (most cheeses, breads, as long as they're not too weird) Pig, Cow. That about covers it. They can turn lamb into spam for all I care. 

Hoorta food rule #1: if it came out of the water, I don't eat it. You could offer me $100 to eat an oyster, and I'll tell you no thanks. I put a shrimp in my mouth 5 minutes later, I'm still chewing on it. My body is telling me something. 

#2: Just the smell of an egg in any of it's permutations gets my stomach churning. 

#3 Fowl is foul. 

#4 No internal organ meats will ever get close to my internal organs. 

#5 90% of all vegetables would be left to rot. Especially all of the squash family- pumpkin pie? Barf. Zucchini? Barf. Eggplant? Barf. 

In case you think I'm not adventurous, on my trips out west, I found Elk and reindeer chops to be ok, but I'll pass on buffalo, ostrich, rattlesnake and about any other animal protein.

If I didn't know better I would swear you are my brother in law LOL. That is especially true of item #1. 

13 hours ago, Flugel said:

Now that we're heading toward the next holiday, can you imagine a modern day Ebeneezer Ghoolie story? 

I'm guessing the narration goes like this:

After telling the last batch of kids that I AM EBENEEZER GHOOLIE and there is no Santa Claus - it was time to shout BAH HUMBUG at the people I was tossing eggs at singing Christmas Carols.  In any event, the first Ghost showed up at Midnight and I re-buried him at 5 after.  The second Ghost showed up at 2am with a tape measure, skin fold calipers and a weight scale - and he burned better in the fireplace than wood.  The last Ghost was Paul Brown; and I set his asss straight that the owner he hated moved the old franchise to Baltimore. I made sure I didn't tell him Modell died.  He assured me he'd finally start haunting the right team if I agreed to clean up a couple things...

Now I gotta go take care of the FUKKING Cratchets and their little brat Tiny Tim.  Then I'm going surprise my nephew with an all expenses paid trip to Vegas on his Uncle's coin.  What else?   Just when my wife didn't think the bedroom gymnastics under the sheets could get any better - I bought a mechanical bull with 17 different gears she can mount me on.  I remain the King of Sting that all you poor COCKSUCKERS can only dream of becoming.  MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HARMONICA!!!

13 hours ago, Flugel said:

Now that we're heading toward the next holiday, can you imagine a modern day Ebeneezer Ghoolie story? 

I'm guessing the narration goes like this:

After telling the last batch of kids that I AM EBENEEZER GHOOLIE and there is no Santa Claus - it was time to shout BAH HUMBUG at the people I was tossing eggs at singing Christmas Carols.  In any event, the first Ghost showed up at Midnight and I re-buried him at 5 after.  The second Ghost showed up at 2am with a tape measure, skin fold calipers and a weight scale - and he burned better in the fireplace than wood.  The last Ghost was Paul Brown; and I set his asss straight that the owner he hated moved the old franchise to Baltimore. I made sure I didn't tell him Modell died.  He assured me he'd finally start haunting the right team if I agreed to clean up a couple things...

Now I gotta go take care of the FUKKING Cratchets and their little brat Tiny Tim.  Then I'm going surprise my nephew with an all expenses paid trip to Vegas on his Uncle's coin.  What else?   Just when my wife didn't think the bedroom gymnastics under the sheets could get any better - I bought a mechanical bull with 17 different gears she can mount me on.  I remain the King of Sting that all you poor COCKSUCKERS can only dream of becoming.  MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HARMONICA!!!

Yes, save that I love Christmas and Easter. The only real Holy days and Holidays worth celebrating are those two.

Grinch? No, not me.

To call me.Grinch for not respecting Thanksgiving would expose yourself as not being an astute reader and observer.

Nowhere ever did I mock giving thanks, I instead mocked the concept  of Thanksgiving day. 

Let me be clear, The first thing I do when i wake up is pray to Vod and thank him. Likewise, every time I am blessed, I remember Him , before I celebrate and before I take a single bite of food.

My wife and i donate directly to those in need turkeys, winter coats, hats and blankets seceral times during the year. And when we do, we give thanks for being blessed to beable to do so.

I don't condemn anyone for celebrating the day. However, you also need to understand that some people don't need a man made holiday to motivate them to give thanks.

I send.my wife flowers often during the year, but I don't need Valentine's day to remember her.

Now, trust me, I am an imperfect man, and I don't give to be recognized. However, I also don'tneed to participate ian made bullschidt to feel loke I am a thankful person.

22 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I hate Thanksgiving.

On Thanksgiving, some of my family comes over.  We have a great turkey dinner.  I make the stuffing,  sister-in-law makes killer mashed potatoes,  daughter-in-law made green bean casserole, Mrs. wife did the turkey, squash, gravy etc.  - it was great -  then football was watched while I was buying Mrs. Wife's new Dell Laptop Christmas present online (while people waited in line at 1:00 am later on). :)   Then we packed up and went to my Godson's parent's house for tons of deserts and to celebrate Godson's Birthday.  Everyone was there...my daughter and grandsons (2 & 5).  My son (who worked earlier in the day).  Ect.  We then had the grandchildren draw names out of the hat to see whom we were buying a Christmas gift for.

I love Thanksgiving!

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Yes, save that I love Christmas and Easter. The only real Holy days and Holidays worth celebrating are those two.

Grinch? No, not me.

To call me.Grinch for not respecting Thanksgiving would expose yourself as not being an astute reader and observer.

Nowhere ever did I mock giving thanks, I instead mocked the concept  of Thanksgiving day. 

Let me be clear, The first thing I do when i wake up is pray to Vod and thank him. Likewise, every time I am blessed, I remember Him , before I celebrate and before I take a single bite of food.

My wife and i donate directly to those in need turkeys, winter coats, hats and blankets seceral times during the year. And when we do, we give thanks for being blessed to beable to do so.

I don't condemn anyone for celebrating the day. However, you also need to understand that some people don't need a man made holiday to motivate them to give thanks.

I send.my wife flowers often during the year, but I don't need Valentine's day to remember her.

Now, trust me, I am an imperfect man, and I don't give to be recognized. However, I also don'tneed to participate ian made bullschidt to feel loke I am a thankful person.

Vod? You mean Zod?

On 11/23/2018 at 5:11 PM, Clevfan4life said:

holidays in America period, are annoying as sht. The rest of the year people pretend like they're not aholes, during the holidays they stop pretending. 

Great post. 

On 11/24/2018 at 2:01 AM, StinkHole said:

Yes Ghoolie but Thanksgiving is also time when we're supposed to give thanks for our blessings!  As a browns fan you should be thankful for a franchise QB, Myles Garret, Dorsey etc..  and the makings of a winning team!

I am just thankful we didn't draft Paxton Lynch

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:14 AM, Nero said:

About Thanksgiving, I like its spirit, being grateful about what we are given is important,  but nowadays any holiday can turn into a frivolity. Though I'd be more worried with Halloween (praising death and monsters? Really?)

Literally "praising" ? Nah.  Unless you're a devil worshipper or something.

It's pretend praising. Pretending to glorify monsters and death one night out of the year for fun is harmless. It's back to normal the next day.

It's like people who love to watch horror and monster movies, they're not praising death...rather they love being scared shi tless...it's fun to them.

On 11/23/2018 at 6:11 PM, Clevfan4life said:

holidays in America period, are annoying as sht. The rest of the year people pretend like they're not aholes, during the holidays they stop pretending. 

Awwwww, someone is just a bit grumpy today, lighten up Francis. Oh planes leave the USA everyday for other countries if it's so bad here.

sad pumpkin.jpg

On 11/23/2018 at 3:48 PM, Ghoolie said:

Don't know about your family life, but I hate Thanksgiving.

whoa what a weekend so far The Bucks whoop up on the ttun and now The Browns kicking some ass and as far as left overs they were awesome and about gone of course we know how to took

Happy Thanksgiving ghoul

On 11/23/2018 at 3:02 PM, Ghoolie said:

I really do. People acting like animals, in a hurry, accidents, shootings, traffic jammed up. Schiddt football......seldom the Browns. Add to that we had to endure a fahcking bye week.

Thanksgiving is the most boring time of the year for me. I hate it. All this fackcking down time and i STILL have to wait 3 days for a faugking Browns game. Fauck Dallas and rest.of the schidtt they put on.

You aren't a browns fan anymore. You can't walk that back.

9 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Hmmmm, Thanksgiving weekend 2018

Ohio State wins big over Ichigan 

The Browns won big over the buttholes. 

And for the frosting, the stool city turd burglars lost. 

Checking weather charts, it’s not snowing down there either!

I love Thanksgiving!!!

And my Aggies won the "basketball" football game in 7 OTs over LSWho 74-72. Life is good!👍🤩

Thanksgiving was quiet for me this year.

Went up to Pennsylvania to spend time with my mother, grandpa, my brother and his girl.

Last year was a bit insane, 30 people in a house all crammed into the living/dining area.

This year was a lot more laid back than it was in  Myrtle Beach..

6 or 7 of us ate dinner, then vegged out in front of the TV watching football. 

Alot more tolerable and relaxed.

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And my Aggies won the "basketball" football game in 7 OTs over LSWho 74-72. Life is good!👍🤩

Honestly....what would be so wrong about a tie?   That is the most ridiculous display of bastardization of the game that I can think of.   Oh, it may have been exciting and all that, like shootouts in soccer and hockey....but it is still a fucking gimmick way to decide a game.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

College Football OT is stupid.  Just whoever scores first should be the winner.  

I like the new NFL overtime rules. At least now if the team who gets first possession only gets a field goal the other team will get a possession. I'm not on board with all the new NFL rules but I like this one on overtime.

Archived