THE BROWNS BOARD

possible coaches

beare

23 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I just can't see the Browns having any interest in a 66 year old (I think) coach - a good one though - who had medical issues.

Hey I'm available at the right price and am only 68 and a medical basket case. :lol:

Seriously though what is the rush right now unless that really good Mr. Right Coach pops up in Berea looking for a job?

Williams might be alright to hold down the fort at least until the end of this season.

43 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I just can't see the Browns having any interest in a 66 year old (I think) coach - a good one though - who had medical issues.

Only way I can see it is if Dorsey is enamored with Freddie Kitchens as HC in the near future. Keep in mind that Freddie worked for Bruce Ariens for 5 years, so maybe Bruce would be more of a mentor since there is already familiarity there.

Mike

2 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I agree.   This team has improved a lot since we got rid of Hue.

Do not want the stink of Harbaugh on this team.. I was and AM embarrassed to be a Michigan fan this weekend.. We don't need another rebuild of the team in the image of "X" coach, type coach..   We have our team.. time to build on what we have.

I would be surprised if Williams is named head coach after this season, still. 

But the difference with him and Kitchens compared to when Hue and Haley were here is startling. 

I said it before - IMO Williams will have to steal the job. He'll have to do so good Dorsey has no choice to give him the job. He's had an excellent start. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I would be surprised if Williams is named head coach after this season, still. 

But the difference with him and Kitchens compared to when Hue and Haley were here is startling. 

I said it before - IMO Williams will have to steal the job. He'll have to do so good Dorsey has no choice to give him the job. He's had an excellent start. 

You're completely right. He's got to make it so Dorsey would basically get laughed out of his office for hiring anybody else. What's that mean as far as win/loss? Yeesh....that's tough to know. Every game we have left is what I would consider a toss up. I wouldn't bet on us, and I sure as heck wouldn't bet against us. I'd say if we win 3 of our next 5 and finish 7-8-1, you pretty much have to bring back the current crew. Just my opinion. 

Am I the only one that thinks Bruce Arians needs to shut the fuck up?

There are coaches fighting for their jobs on this staff, and the current coach has already been offered and accepted an opportunity to interview.

Arians is saying things like "I'd keep Kitchens, and I might consider William's as DC..."

Well, fuck you, these guys just won two in a row without your expertise let's see how it plays out before you start publically fantasizing about having the job and picking your staff.

Z

--By the way, you guys can swear now

7 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Am I the only one that thinks Bruce Arians needs to shut the fuck up?

There are coaches fighting for their jobs on this staff, and the current coach has already been offered and accepted an opportunity to interview.

Arians is saying things like "I'd keep Kitchens, and I might consider William's as DC..."

Well, fuck you, these guys just won two in a row without your expertise let's see how it plays out before you start publically fantasizing about having the job and picking your staff.

Z

--By the way, you guys can swear now

Fucking A.

Archived