THE BROWNS BOARD

Alleged Sodom site thought to have been hit by cosmic blast:

OldBrownsFan

But the carrot is not any old carrot but a big 14k gold super sized one (eternal life). Since I became a believer in Christ I have never seen it as giving up anything but receiving. Not subtraction but addition. Jesus said He came that we would could have abundant life and that was meaning in the here and now. 

For me I left the church my family for generations has belonged to (because I did not agree with some of their teachings) and I have never followed church teachings, I follow bible teachings (of course when church teachings are lined up with scripture I am on board with it). 

You can find fault with Christian all day long because we are  all flawed but the ONE I follow is not flawed. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

But the carrot is not any old carrot but a big 14k gold super sized one (eternal life). Since I became a believer in Christ I have never seen it as giving up anything but receiving. Not subtraction but addition. Jesus said He came that we would could have abundant life and that was meaning in the here and now. 

For me I left the church my family for generations has belonged to (because I did not agree with some of their teachings) and I have never followed church teachings, I follow bible teachings (of course when church teachings are lined up with scripture I am on board with it). 

You can find fault with Christian all day long because we are  all flawed but the ONE I follow is not flawed. 

"Christianity' if you don't agree with it's teaching, just find a Church that teaches it the way you want. Don't like what the bibles says, just interpret it differently and/or ignore the stuff you don't like. 

11 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

"Christianity' if you don't agree with it's teaching, just find a Church that teaches it the way you want. Don't like what the bibles says, just interpret it differently and/or ignore the stuff you don't like. 

There is a difference between finding a church that teaches what you want and searching out the scriptures and making an informed decision to go to a different church with shared beliefs. The bottom line for me is I don't believe God sees our denominational churches anyway. Jesus said you must be born again and that is the true church. The church is comprised of born again believers of various denominations but the "born again' part is the only thing that counts.

We have our faith, but it's nothing that drives us to go to churches. Just too much drama, domestic/political/theological.

We live like we believe, figure that's good for us. Once some old friends from the church asked me why we don't go years back - and I said, not the first time, that "church is a wonderful place to go - unless there are people already there.......".

31 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

We have our faith, but it's nothing that drives us to go to churches. Just too much drama, domestic/political/theological.

We live like we believe, figure that's good for us. Once some old friends from the church asked me why we don't go years back - and I said, not the first time, that "church is a wonderful place to go - unless there are people already there.......".

The Apostle Paul tells us we all have to work out our own salvation. I think you know Cal our faith is an individual one and we all make these decisions on a personal level. It is between you and the Lord about belonging to a church. Church membership alone never saved anyone anyway.  The Christian faith is not about religion but relationship.

I helped lead my brother into a relationship with the Lord a few years before he went home to be with the Lord. He had at one time I think every vice known to man. He tried going to church but he suffered from PTSD (he was a  Viet Nam Veteran) and didn't like to be in crowds so he didn't go to any church. He had his own relationship with the Lord though and the change in his life was pretty dramatic. He started out every day with studying the bible and what he learned he put into practice. I remember being with him at the VA hospital and on one of the forms they wanted to know what denomination he belonged to. He didn't know what to write and I told him just to write in Christian. 

3 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The Apostle Paul tells us we all have to work out our own salvation. I think you know Cal our faith is an individual one and we all make these decisions on a personal level. It is between you and the Lord about belonging to a church. Church membership alone never saved anyone anyway.  The Christian faith is not about religion but relationship.

I helped lead my brother into a relationship with the Lord a few years before he went home to be with the Lord. He had at one time I think every vice known to man. He tried going to church but he suffered from PTSD (he was a  Viet Nam Veteran) and didn't like to be in crowds so he didn't go to any church. He had his own relationship with the Lord though and the change in his life was pretty dramatic. He started out every day with studying the bible and what he learned he put into practice. I remember being with him at the VA hospital and on one of the forms they wanted to know what denomination he belonged to. He didn't know what to write and I told him just to write in Christian. 

Paul said the only thing you needed for salvation is to believe in Jesus and repent. Your deeds has no consequence to your salvation. Zero. Christianity is not a deeds/actions religion, there is no personal responsibility. Rape kids or feed the poor, you get go to heaven and long as you believe is Non Cheetos Jesus and Repent! It's a really lazy religion. 

16 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Paul said the only thing you needed for salvation is to believe in Jesus and repent. Your deeds has no consequence to your salvation. Zero. Christianity is not a deeds/actions religion, there is no personal responsibility. Rape kids or feed the poor, you get go to heaven and long as you believe is Non Cheetos Jesus and Repent! It's a really lazy religion. 

Be gone Satan.

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

Are we saved with works by our faith or by faith to do good works?

http://www.letusreason.org/Biblexp213.htm

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Are we saved with works by our faith or by faith to do good works?

http://www.letusreason.org/Biblexp213.htm

Like I said, the only thing that is needed is to believe in NJC and repent. Your first google search return results reinforces what I just said. Non Cheetos will welcome you to heaven no matter some many kids you rape, people you murder, or any other sin. 

From your link. It's sad that a profess "Christians" doesn't understand their own religion. Not abnormal, most Christians don't know shit about their holy book or their ideology. You are no different there.

As Gal. 3:22: "that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe." Jesus asked people to believe to be saved.

Not by works, not by the law is emphasized over and over. Paul warns those who are inclined to believe in their works having merit for salvation:

Gal. 2:16: “knowing that a man is NOT justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus,” “Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; (obedience and works) ye are fallen from grace” (KJV) (Gal. 5:4 also Gal. 2:16, 21, 3:10,12).

Rom.4:4: “Now to him that works the wages are not counted as grace, but as debt. V.5: But to him that works not, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness."

Just now, LogicIsForSquares said:

But if someone is saved, no matter what, they get into Heaven, correct?

What do you mean no matter what? Jesus paid the full price for believers to go to heaven. There is nothing we can add to what He did for us but we are to have faith in his sacrifice. The bible goes on to say that our works prove we have faith but our works do not get us into heaven. Faith and works go hand in hand. The thief on the cross did not have time to do any good works. Good works have their place to show we have faith but good works are not the requirement for heaven. The standard for heaven is so high that only One is worthy but He is the one who paid the price for the rest of us.

6 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

What do you mean no matter what? Jesus paid the full price for believers to go to heaven. There is nothing we can add to what He did for us but we are to have faith in his sacrifice. The bible goes on to say that our works prove we have faith but our works do not get us into heaven. Faith and works go hand in hand. The thief on the cross did not have time to do any good works. Good works have their place to show we have faith but good works are not the requirement for heaven. The standard for heaven is so high that only One is worthy but He is the one who paid the price for the rest of us.

So yes, you don’t have to do a thing other than be saved.

Just now, LogicIsForSquares said:

So yes, you don’t have to do a thing other than be saved.

Jesus paid the price in full. The bible says for believers to examine themselves to see whether they are in faith or not. If you are really in faith you will produce the fruit Jesus says. Those fruits are good works. I trust nobody is going to pull one over on God and sneak into heaven who doesn't belong there. A person can say they are in faith but if they are they will have works to show they have faith. 

7 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Jesus paid the price in full. The bible says for believers to examine themselves to see whether they are in faith or not. If you are really in faith you will produce the fruit Jesus says. Those fruits are good works. I trust nobody is going to pull one over on God and sneak into heaven who doesn't belong there. A person can say they are in faith but if they are they will have works to show they have faith. 

Again you do not have to do anything other than believe(faith) in Jesus and repent your sins. That is it. All is forgiven if you do so, that is what the blood sacrifice was about after all.

8 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

This hand waving that absolves sh-it heels of their behavior is another reason why I couldn’t join the team.

No hand waving will absolve anyone of sin. The forgiveness for sin for a believer is to come to the Lord in repentance (repentance means an about face - a turning away from sin) and He alone forgives us. I believe one day you will be on the team and the Lord will use you to make His church a better one. It will start when you take your eyes off of flawed human beings and turn to the Lord (the only perfect one) and He will show you what this real faith is about. 

18 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Bottom line is this oh enlightened ones.  You will find out when you die.  Either eternal nothingness, heaven, hell,  or reincarnation.    Or perhaps another thing entirely.

No this is about how Christianity has no personal responsibility or personal accountability. As much as Old goes on and on about only one perfect one, we could go over how Christians see themselves as worthless and not worth living without Non Cheetos Jesus. 

for my money, listening to men like terrence mckenna is listening to someone who has at least partially bridged the gap between here and there. Im not saying its listening to a savior, its listening to a man who has ventured outside the human condition and seen a "snippet" of who we really are and what we really belong to. 

For all u free thinkers here, u know who u are....give his youtube videos a listen. And rem, ur not listening to some "guru" or some other pretentious messianic kunt who says "its my way or eternal damnation". Its like if u listened to magellan or someone like that relating what he saw during his explorations.....he's just relating to.people what "he" was shown by the universe. 

58 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Bottom line is this oh enlightened ones.  You will find out when you die.  Either eternal nothingness, heaven, hell,  or reincarnation.    Or perhaps another thing entirely.

maybe you'll figure out before ur time is up,  that its ur call......u wanna human cosplay again? well, you'll do this bullshitt all over again and you'll behold urself to the fukked wheel of karma that exists here on earth. And the "thing" that runs this bitch? he feeds on u all over again......

45 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

No this is about how Christianity has no personal responsibility or personal accountability. As much as Old goes on and on about only one perfect one, we could go over how Christians see themselves as worthless and not worth living without Non Cheetos Jesus. 

Ephesians 2:8-10 New International Version (NIV)

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Dissecting what the Apostle Paul is saying..we are saved by grace (unmerited favor), not by works so that no one can boast (Jesus alone gets all the glory and praise for our salvation - He did it all and paid the full price for our redemption - no human being can add to His sacrifice to be saved). For we are God's handiwork (His creation in Christ Jesus) to do good works (Now we get to works they don't save us but show our faith and that we belong to Him) Good works have their place but not in being saved...that is all Jesus.

6 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Figures you would, he's another Timothy Leary.

i dont treat his words as some sort of "gospel".....he's akin to an "explorer". And one day i may follow somewhat in his footsteps, we'll see. But his shitt isnt nice little fairy tales, he's open about the fact ur human ego will get blown the fuk up.....some people arent ready fir that in this lifetime

28 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Ephesians 2:8-10 New International Version (NIV)

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Dissecting what the Apostle Paul is saying..we are saved by grace (unmerited favor), not by works so that no one can boast (Jesus alone gets all the glory and praise for our salvation - He did it all and paid the full price for our redemption - no human being can add to His sacrifice to be saved). For we are God's handiwork (His creation in Christ Jesus) to do good works (Now we get to works they don't save us but show our faith and that we belong to Him) Good works have their place but not in being saved...that is all Jesus.

Do you just ignore all three words or just ignore "not"? Again works are NOT required. Just believe and repent. This is not complicated. Sorry that the religion your were born into has no personal responsibility. Children rapists or nun, both get to go to heaven, no matter what they did in this life.

It is one of the foundation of Protestantism Sola Fide - "The belief that believers are justified, or pardoned for sin, solely on condition of faith in Christ rather than a combination of faith and good works. " But continue to make up whatever rules/idea that you want, it is what Christians good well.

way too ignorant, that last post is.https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1591-can-i-still-be-saved-if-ive-sinned-deliberately

For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. (Heb. 10:26-27 ESV).

Archived