THE BROWNS BOARD

Crazy game

The Gipper

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Totally agree.   And if they weren't so damn much fun to watch play, I'd be right there with everyone that hates them.    But I'm also torn.  At least they somewhat belong in LA as opposed to that other team that moved there who plays 16 road games a year.

Yeah, LA is currently sporting twin scumbag NFL owners. Spanos (the dead one and the living one) are equally culpable.

8 minutes ago, Furnier said:

Yeah, LA is currently sporting twin scumbag NFL owners. Spanos (the dead one and the living one) are equally culpable.

I blame the Chargers owners more, the younger living one.  If the dad had been more involved and not 115 years old, the team never leaves San Diego. 

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Weren't you done with this team like 3 weeks ago??   

you rem what I said...…...if the Browns laid down and showed their belly to the chiefs like they did the prior week against the Steelers...yeah I was done. They didn't do that tho. And then the following week they beat the Falcons.

3 hours ago, Furnier said:

My brother has lived in St. Louis for the past 22 years and gave me the lowdown on Kroenke .If any owner can give Uncle Scum a run for his money in the douchebaggery sweepstakes it is Kroenke. He made a multitude of promises to the St. Louis fans and broke every single one of them AND left them holding the bag on the Edward Jones Dome which sits empty 95% of the year. The fact that he was already sickeningly rich just makes it worse. It makes it hard for me to feel good about the Rams.

Yup Doug, I have several relatives and good friends who live in St. Louis, so ditto. Old Stan may even top Schmodell in being a Carpetbagger. St Louis had the best offer on the table, plus unlike New Yorker Artie- Kroenke is actually from Missouri. I can't root for the Rams (and their owner) under any circumstances.   

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

you rem what I said...…...if the Browns laid down and showed their belly to the chiefs like they did the prior week against the Steelers...yeah I was done. They didn't do that tho. And then the following week they beat the Falcons.

So I only like them when they're winning?  

13 hours ago, Furnier said:

My brother has lived in St. Louis for the past 22 years and gave me the lowdown on Kroenke .If any owner can give Uncle Scum a run for his money in the douchebaggery sweepstakes it is Kroenke. He made a multitude of promises to the St. Louis fans and broke every single one of them AND left them holding the bag on the Edward Jones Dome which sits empty 95% of the year. The fact that he was already sickeningly rich just makes it worse. It makes it hard for me to feel good about the Rams.

Kroenke is also hated by almost every Arsenal FC fan over here in England, seems to be a theme with him...

46 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

But Randy Lerner sold Aston Villa.    And I believe LeBron is a minority shareholder in the Liverpool team....my team (if I really had one.....my uncle's team)

Kroenke bought out a Russian billionaire's shares in Arsenal earlier this year. Arsenal fans have been blaming Kroenke for their lack of spending the last few years but it's a myth really, they spend fortunes on player signings and salaries and always have done. They just want an excuse for under achieving.

I should probably point out I despise Arsenal, I might be a bit biased.

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Kroenke bought out a Russian billionaire's shares in Arsenal earlier this year. Arsenal fans have been blaming Kroenke for their lack of spending the last few years but it's a myth really, they spend fortunes on player signings and salaries and always have done. They just want an excuse for under achieving.

I should probably point out I despise Arsenal, I might be a bit biased.

There are some other Premier league teams that are also owned by people that own US Sports teams;

Manchester United, own by Glazer family...owner of Tampa Bay Bucs

Liverpool is owned by the Fenway Sports group, which owns the Boston Red Sox (If LeBron owns a piece of Liverpool it is not mentioned.)

Fulham, owned by Shahid Khan  who owns Jacksonville Jaguars.

Also, I found this:  Fulham... its principal owner is Joshua Harris who has a big piece of Apollo Global Management, which fairly recently purchased  Diamond Resorts International, which is who I have my timeshare through.

Of the 20 Premier league team, only  7 seem to  have majority ownership by UKers...one by a Welshman.  That is the same number of which Americans own a majority interest;  three teams have Chinese majority interest; 2 by Russians,  1 each by Malaysians, Thai, Italian, and UAE.

So, which one is your team?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenway_Sports_Group

Aston Villa, which seems to have been relegated, now principally owned by  the Chinese.

Billy Beane...he of Moneyball fame, has an interest in a lower level team:  Barnsely.

47 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

There are some other Premier league teams that are also owned by people that own US Sports teams;

Manchester United, own by Glazer family...owner of Tampa Bay Bucs

Liverpool is owned by the Fenway Sports group, which owns the Boston Red Sox (If LeBron owns a piece of Liverpool it is not mentioned.)

Fulham, owned by Shahid Khan  who owns Jacksonville Jaguars.

Also, I found this:  Fulham... its principal owner is Joshua Harris who has a big piece of Apollo Global Management, which fairly recently purchased  Diamond Resorts International, which is who I have my timeshare through.

Of the 20 Premier league team, only  7 seem to  have majority ownership by UKers...one by a Welshman.  That is the same number of which Americans own a majority interest;  three teams have Chinese majority interest; 2 by Russians,  1 each by Malaysians, Thai, Italian, and UAE.

So, which one is your team?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenway_Sports_Group

Aston Villa, which seems to have been relegated, now principally owned by  the Chinese.

Billy Beane...he of Moneyball fame, has an interest in a lower level team:  Barnsely.

Don't know if you are aware but the Thai owner died recently in a crash after his helicopter left the stadium following the game! It crashed down into the stadium car park, pretty crazy.

My team is Tottenham Hotspur and we have a very fierce fan rivalry with Kroenke's Arsenal 

Archived