THE BROWNS BOARD

Crazy game

The Gipper

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

That’s it 54 to 51 rams are going to win. They said this is the first game in NFL history in which both teams scored 50 or more points

^^^ I need to print "I Hate the Rams" t-shirts. F'in Carpetbagger Kroenke. Pat Mahomo chokes in the clutch.  :( 

That said, amazing game with big plays by both teams. Whoever said "instant classic" is right. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That’s it 54 to 51 rams are going to win. They said this is the first game in NFL history in which both teams scored 50 or more points

And the first time EVER that a team scored 50 points and lost.

A real old fashioned AFL shootout with one of the old AFL teams the Kansas City Cheifs, all we needed was Hank Stram and Lenny Dawson.....but the present duo was pretty good too.  ;)

I had about a 400 point lead going into that game in my FFL, but the second best guy had both Mahomes and Gurley in the game. Thank God I had Tyreek Hill who scored me two TD's and 215 yards from Mahomes to counterbalance his 6 TD 468 yard night. I won by just over 300 points for the highest total for any other league member in all the weekends thus far. In addition to Hill I had Brees, Barkley, RB Lindsey of Denver and WR T.Smith of NO who had a breakout game for Brees in replacing Dez.

But what a game those two QB's put on last night!! Mahomes is usually a lot more careful with the football.

8 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Two crazy good teams. No one can sleep on the Rams or Chiefs, both are explosive and amazing.

Also, we need a coach like McVay.

I think we already have him. Night and day from Huey/Haley to the playcalling of our own interim OC.

1 hour ago, alporcini said:

One thing I kept wondering was why do we not incorporate Duke into our offense more like KC uses Hill?

I've been wondering that ALL season......especially since I have him and Landry on my one FL team.

Makes sense to me and a lot of football talking heads out there.

2 hours ago, alporcini said:

One thing I kept wondering was why do we not incorporate Duke into our offense more like KC uses Hill?

Hill is a WR/slot/occasional RB with the best speed in the NFL. Duke is not on that level though he is versatile.

16 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

completely uninteresting football. Love the pro bowl in nov tho...🙄

yeah...watching 2 great teams go back and forth making great plays and scoring points is uninteresting.    Much rather watch a 6-3 game.

13 minutes ago, Mark O said:

yeah...watching 2 great teams go back and forth making great plays and scoring points is uninteresting.    Much rather watch a 6-3 game.

I think a happy medium is in order.  Pinball football where nobody seems to play defense?  

That said, I was hoping the Chiefs would score and go for two.....in order to tie the 113 point record.

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I think a happy medium is in order.  Pinball football where nobody seems to play defense?  

That said, I was hoping the Chiefs would score and go for two.....in order to tie the 113 point record.

They were playing some defense...there were 3 defensive TD's. 

The defenses don't have a chance against offenses like that and that is the future of the NFL. 

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I had about a 400 point lead going into that game in my FFL, but the second best guy had both Mahomes and Gurley in the game. Thank God I had Tyreek Hill who scored me two TD's and 215 yards from Mahomes to counterbalance his 6 TD 468 yard night. I won by just over 300 points for the highest total for any other league member in all the weekends thus far. In addition to Hill I had Brees, Barkley, RB Lindsey of Denver and WR T.Smith of NO who had a breakout game for Brees in replacing Dez.

But what a game those two QB's put on last night!! Mahomes is usually a lot more careful with the football.

Saw this (pretty amazing) stat from NFL.com- has a team ever committed five turnovers, and still scored 50 points?  Come to think of it- if the Chiefs had played a turnover free game, that long standing Bears record of 73 points is a game might have been in serious danger of being broken.  

13 minutes ago, Mark O said:

They were playing some defense...there were 3 defensive TD's. 

That is true, and the defense set up a few more n'est ce pas?

The defenses don't have a chance against offenses like that and that is the future of the NFL. 

Big 12 football.   I guess its a good thing we have a Big 12 QB.

14 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Saw this (pretty amazing) stat from NFL.com- has a team ever committed five turnovers, and still scored 50 points?  Come to think of it- if the Chiefs had played a turnover free game, that long standing Bears record of 73 points is a game might have been in serious danger of being broken.  

Mahomes threw 6 TD passes....and had 5 turnovers.    That has never happened.

33 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

its sht. Its going in the direction of flag football....u all watch, in the next 5 years we'll see serious talk of some female player at one of the skill positions like wr. Atvwhich point i will say "i told u so". All these rule changes over the past few years to nerf defenses.......paving the way. 

Go watch the Lingerie League. You sound like the type if the Browns ever win the Super Bowl, we shoulda beat them by 20.   

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

its sht. Its going in the direction of flag football....u all watch, in the next 5 years we'll see serious talk of some female player at one of the skill positions like wr. Atvwhich point i will say "i told u so". All these rule changes over the past few years to nerf defenses.......paving the way. 

Then stop watching.  No one is forcing you to be here for christs sake.  Weren't you done with this team like 3 weeks ago??    Fucks sakes....some of you will bitch about anything.   For what it's worth...you're in the minority on this one since it was the highest rated game of the season for MNF.    Don't think for a second the league doesn't see that and keep adjusting the rules for more offense.

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

^^^ I need to print "I Hate the Rams" t-shirts. F'in Carpetbagger Kroenke. Pat Mahomo chokes in the clutch.  :( 

That said, amazing game with big plays by both teams. Whoever said "instant classic" is right. 

My brother has lived in St. Louis for the past 22 years and gave me the lowdown on Kroenke .If any owner can give Uncle Scum a run for his money in the douchebaggery sweepstakes it is Kroenke. He made a multitude of promises to the St. Louis fans and broke every single one of them AND left them holding the bag on the Edward Jones Dome which sits empty 95% of the year. The fact that he was already sickeningly rich just makes it worse. It makes it hard for me to feel good about the Rams.

3 minutes ago, Furnier said:

My brother has lived in St. Louis for the past 22 years and gave me the lowdown on Kroenke .If any owner can give Uncle Scum a run for his money in the douchebaggery sweepstakes it is Kroenke. He made a multitude of promises to the St. Louis fans and broke every single one of them AND left them holding the bag on the Edward Jones Dome which sits empty 95% of the year. The fact that he was already sickeningly rich just makes it worse. It makes it hard for me to feel good about the Rams.

Totally agree.   And if they weren't so damn much fun to watch play, I'd be right there with everyone that hates them.    But I'm also torn.  At least they somewhat belong in LA as opposed to that other team that moved there who plays 16 road games a year.

Archived