THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns vs Texans

Comeonman

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Ya'll don't know what burgers are?

Sad thing is that this nationwide and even worldwide franchise thing which really got steam in the 1970s and 1980s has really taken over pushing out a LOT of really good ma & pa restaurants.you can go from Maine to Texas to California or even the USA to China to Africa and get basically the same food, napkins, stores....how boring.

Go to sites like  https://www.franchise.com/list-of-franchises/?src=google_desktop_FranGen-Main_RA_LOF&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-smi3NLe3gIVh1mGCh0P2gpmEAAYBCAAEgLEkvD_BwE  and see that almost anything is available, for a price.

A better one  https://www.franchiseopportunities.com/find-a-franchise/results/industry/food-franchises/state/ohio/investment/1000000

I still love finding the good hidden gems, still some good ones in NE Ohio.  

~~~~~~~~~~ oh from top 500:

Screenshot_2018-11-18-14-35-06.png

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

In reply to your post mjp- I'm not going to quote it. I can't believe the Sonic we have in Dayton is still in business.... 

OTOH,  a Jack in the Box would get a lot warmer reception here.  

That's from the Entrepreneur *website  on their top 500 franchises *as determined by them using 5 big factors, I was a bit surprised maybe at #5 & 6 a little bit but that's everywhere not just Ohio.  (* edited)

#1 McD no surprise there I remember in the 1980s when I was in grad school you could have got into one for maybe $100k to 300k and up now $1 to 2M plus other details. The business world is really now ready to go out of the box franchises. Oh jack in the box..... got an extra million or two lying around?  https://www.entrepreneur.com/franchise500

Screenshot_2018-11-19-02-59-41.png

Heard back from Jay...

On Saturday, November 17, 2018, 5:37:18 PM CST, Tour wrote:

Hey Jay,

There will be a few BrownsBoard types coming into town for the weekend of the game.

Is there a gathering Saturday nite as there was at BWW last year?

Tour

===============================================================================================================================================

We aren't planning an event for Saturday night but I expect Browns fans would be gathering at the bar of our official Browns Backer hotel, Holiday Inn NRG/Med Center and at BW3 - Rice Village.

Our Tailgate/BBQ will be our social event to meet and visit with Browns fans. 

Note that several deadlines are rapidly approaching:

Nov 23rd - preferred group rate for Browns Backers expires at the Holiday Inn NRG/Med Center

Nov 25th - Last day to purchase Tailgate BBQ tickets

GO BROWNS!

Jay

We aren't planning an event for Saturday night but I expect Browns fans would be gathering at the bar of our official Browns Backer hotel, Holiday Inn NRG/Med Center and at BW3 - Rice Village.

If that is the plan, that should be no problem for me.  My daughter may not be getting in until late, like 11:00....because her BF has to work Saturdays somewhat late....and it is like a 3 hour drive from San Ant.  Just keep me advised if that is the plan.  Larry has my cell phone info.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

If that is the plan, that should be no problem for me.  My daughter may not be getting in until late, like 11:00....because her BF has to work Saturdays somewhat late....and it is like a 3 hour drive from San Ant.  Just keep me advised if that is the plan.  Larry has my cell phone info.

LOL, I'll just wander down to the Bar at the Holiday- I'm staying there.  :)   I mentioned- if you're thinking about going to the BW3 in Rice Village, plan to Uber. Parking is tough (though not impossible) to find....  

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

LOL, I'll just wander down to the Bar at the Holiday- I'm staying there.  :)   I mentioned- if you're thinking about going to the BW3 in Rice Village, plan to Uber. Parking is tough (though not impossible) to find....  

We’re staying there as well. Anyone know if it’s close enough to walk to the stadium from there or should I pay for parking?

2 hours ago, Comeonman said:

We’re staying there as well. Anyone know if it’s close enough to walk to the stadium from there or should I pay for parking?

I stayed there last year. LOL, you will not need to pay for parking.  :)  As I mentioned- if the hotel was any closer it would be in the stadium Red Lot. There's a fence with a gate to let you through gameday. It's so close, Holiday Inn makes a few extra bucks selling off parking when the Texans are playing. So don't forget to stop at the front desk and get your guest parking tag to put in your car either the night before or before you head over to the Tailgate and game.....  

• 2 weeks later...

Time to give this thread a bump... I get in Friday evening. Gipper has my contact info, and you can always shoot me a PM...  . 

Yo Tour- you you ever look at your PMs?  Was it something I said?    

I’m driving in from lake Charles LA... I’m going to show at this orange lot ... I do t need a plate of food ... need some rowdy browns fans !!!! 

Cya Sunday morning !!! 

Go Browns !!!

Bermeck (pre pay bbq ? I got cash ... just want to be with my fans !!!

I will be in Vegas, looking for my buddy Stan. I am likely to drink some rum, and I think get in some fisticuffs, just because Stan liked it so much when I offered to fight Steeler fans. If I knew where to find the piece of garbage who goes by the dickhead name ATOM, the guy that took a shot at Stan at the Paris buffet with me, I would send his teeth our his azzhole....I promise you that.

Yeah, I'm pizzed like a motherfahuker.

Guys, you are going to see a great game. The Browns will win this in an impressive fashion. Watson is mobile and likes to jugger around in the pocket. I am tough on Garrett, but he is going to have a 4 sack afternoon. 

Go Browns, 

If you happen to remember, raise a glass to Stan..........you guys are together because of Stan.

On 11/19/2018 at 1:49 AM, hoorta said:

In reply to your post mjp- I'm not going to quote it. I can't believe the Sonic we have in Dayton is still in business.... 

OTOH,  a Jack in the Box would get a lot warmer reception here.  

Remember when packing a lunch was a bad thing. Now, we don’t leave home without our cooler of home cooked goodies. That what burger is just poop on bread

Back to the game :):)  ..

I am very worried about this game. Even if we are as legit as I think we are, this Houston team is for real. I would imagine this game is going to look like the 2nd Pittsburgh game. Our first game against Pitt was an early season fluke for them. We didn't know what we had and the weather was shitty. 

2nd game against Pittsburgh saw them hitting their stride and we just never really got better under Hue and Haley.. Since the Pittsburgh game we have finally improved and improved substantially in nearly every aspect of the game. Way fewer penalties, special teams getting better(but still a huge concern) and of course the play of our offense..

The question to ask is this. If the team that showed up in Cinci last week had played Pittsburgh the 2nd time around... WHO WINS?  My brain says Pittsburgh still wins, but we make them earn it... My heart says we would have found a way to win...

So now on to Houston.. Pittsburgh and Houston I feel are similar teams.. Our loss to Kansas City stands on its own.. KC is an offensive powerhouse but it's defense is pretty mediocre at best.. Pittsburgh and Houston are complete teams on both sides of the ball.. Can we match up with them and slow them down?  Again my head says no, heart says yes..

I think we can match them on the offensive side of the ball.. I think where me might lose this game is on Defense. We have shown that a good QB can pick us apart in the secondary with near impunity...  I hope to God Gregg is putting together a game plan that plays LOTS and LOTS of man on man coverage instead of this bullcrap zone coverage he's been playing against the better teams.. A good QB is going to pick us apart at the literal seams if we go with a predominately zone defensive scheme.. Trust that our guys can match up with theirs and play as much man to man and blitz the fuck out of them.. Even try some CB blitz schemes where the CB takes a run at the QB and pull a LB to cover. Something..  If we try and zone cover the game is going to look like a combination of the KC and Pittsburgh game.. With our offense trying its best to keep up and our defense bleeding out through a combination of picking apart our secondary in the middle and running the ball..

Have the guts to give our defense the opportunity to match up with the offense in man to man. And let our blitzes have a chance of getting to the QB..

Heart says 24-17 Browns

Head says 28-17 Houston..

GO HEART and GO BROWNS

2 hours ago, bermeck08 said:

Intel indicates I have no place to park my rental car ... so I’m going load up a bag of beers and find everyone...

go Browns !!!! 

You might be able to get parking at the Holiday Inn Nrg, depending when you get in. 

On 11/29/2018 at 11:18 PM, bermeck08 said:

There is orange lot 8,9,10,11,12... wtf ... I will find the browns backers , always have, always will

I'll let you know, when I find out- just texted the Prez of the Space City BBers for more specific information.

Depending on how soon you get in, the Holiday Inn does sell parking, but it's limited. Look for my white #46 jersey at the tailgate. :)

On 11/29/2018 at 8:25 PM, Ghoolie said:

I will be in Vegas, looking for my buddy Stan. I am likely to drink some rum, and I think get in some fisticuffs, just because Stan liked it so much when I offered to fight Steeler fans. If I knew where to find the piece of garbage who goes by the dickhead name ATOM, the guy that took a shot at Stan at the Paris buffet with me, I would send his teeth our his azzhole....I promise you that.

Yeah, I'm pizzed like a motherfahuker.

Guys, you are going to see a great game. The Browns will win this in an impressive fashion. Watson is mobile and likes to jugger around in the pocket. I am tough on Garrett, but he is going to have a 4 sack afternoon. 

Go Browns, 

If you happen to remember, raise a glass to Stan..........you guys are together because of Stan.

see ya in vegas for thanksgiving next year and your cooking a turkey

side note : isn't terrence mitchell available for the game

46 minutes ago, ATOM said:

see ya in vegas for thanksgiving next year and your cooking a turkey

side note : isn't terrence mitchell available for the game

I luv ya man but go fook yourself if you think I am cooking. I will take you to a buffet if you want Turkey.

I don t know the answer to your question

Archived