THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns vs Texans

Comeonman

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Who all is going and where are you staying? We’re going to book a room today or tomorrow. I looked on the Space City BB site and can’t find anything for the night before. Anyone hear of anything yet or have connections with those guys?

Me. Hampton 

Here's the last update I received...

Fellow Browns Backers,

Tickets
Space City Dawg Pound (SCDP) is encouraging all Browns fans to purchase their tickets in Sections 637 or 638.  Let's turn these 2 sections into BrownsTown USA!  Tickets are available from any of the secondary ticket markets, be sure to compare the total price including ALL FEES.

Hotel
Special Backer room rates and a Booking Link for the Official Browns Backer hotel can be found on our website under the tab:  "2018 GAME HOTEL".

Tailgate & BBQ
SCDP is also hosting a pre-game Tailgate and optional BBQ in NRG Stadium’s Orange Lot.  Full details including a map, driving directions and NRG Stadium FAQ's can be found on our website under the tab:  "2018 TAILGATE BBQ".

Kindly share this information with anyone who might be interested in coming to Houston for the game.

We look forward to meeting you and your family when the Browns exact revenge on the Texans.

GO BROWNS!

Jay Salzer
President, Space City Dawg Pound

28 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Here's the last update I received...

Fellow Browns Backers,

Tickets
Space City Dawg Pound (SCDP) is encouraging all Browns fans to purchase their tickets in Sections 637 or 638.  Let's turn these 2 sections into BrownsTown USA!  Tickets are available from any of the secondary ticket markets, be sure to compare the total price including ALL FEES.
I have 4 tickets in section 637!

Hotel
Special Backer room rates and a Booking Link for the Official Browns Backer hotel can be found on our website under the tab:  "2018 GAME HOTEL".
I am staying at a nearby Hampton via a friends/family discount.....much better rate and not too far away

Tailgate & BBQ
SCDP is also hosting a pre-game Tailgate and optional BBQ in NRG Stadium’s Orange Lot.  Full details including a map, driving directions and NRG Stadium FAQ's can be found on our website under the tab:  "2018 TAILGATE BBQ".

I will check these out.

Kindly share this information with anyone who might be interested in coming to Houston for the game.

We look forward to meeting you and your family when the Browns exact revenge on the Texans.

GO BROWNS!

Jay Salzer
Thanks for the info.

Couple of questions....it looks like the Sunday Tailgate is in the Orange lot, as it says above.  Is that what anyone here going is planning to do?  Tickets at $15.75.   If that is the plan then I will order these  (have to be pre-purchased)?

Also, I see nothing planned for Saturday night.  Is there an event planned.....or are we on our own?   I know a couple of us have talked about meeting up on Saturday for dinner/whatever.   I have my contingent of 4 people (one of whom lives in Houston)  Should we all from the Browns Board try to get together somewhere? Larry (hoorta) has my number.

46 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Couple of questions....it looks like the Sunday Tailgate is in the Orange lot, as it says above.  Is that what anyone here going is planning to do?  Tickets at $15.75.   If that is the plan then I will order these  (have to be pre-purchased)?

Also, I see nothing planned for Saturday night.  Is there an event planned.....or are we on our own?   I know a couple of us have talked about meeting up on Saturday for dinner/whatever.   I have my contingent of 4 people (one of whom lives in Houston)  Should we all from the Browns Board try to get together somewhere? Larry (hoorta) has my number.

I figured there would be a Browns Backers party the night before but can’t find info on one. The three of us going are definitely up for getting together with the board guys no matter what we do. 

38 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

I figured there would be a Browns Backers party the night before but can’t find info on one. The three of us going are definitely up for getting together with the board guys no matter what we do. 

Tried to PM you.....your PM was either full or not set up.

I believe that the BBQ is a catered deal... as opposed to grilling, thus the charge.

As for Saturday nite... I've written Jay asking if there will be a gathering as there was last season. http://scdp.houstonbrownsbackers.com/2017-backer-bash/

14 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Who all is going and where are you staying? We’re going to book a room today or tomorrow. I looked on the Space City BB site and can’t find anything for the night before. Anyone hear of anything yet or have connections with those guys?

Ahem- Gipper has a frequent traveler discount. The Holiday Inn NRG is going to be the "Official" Browns hotel. Stayed there for the game last year, and it's great. If it was any closer- it literally would be in the stadium parking lot.  

11 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Thank you Tour, missed that part on their website. I’ll be staying with the backers there, hope to see as many of you BrownsBoard guys there as I can. 

Ditto, if the BBers don't have a Saturday night bash- we'll do a PM thing to figure out a place to meet. I'm sure Tour (who used to live in Houston) will give us some suggestions....  

I was seriously considering going until wife's cousin died. Going to the memorial service that weekend in R.I. and staying to visit her sister outside of Boston. Oh well. We will see what the schedule brings nearby next year hopefully.

13 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I was seriously considering going until wife's cousin died. Going to the memorial service that weekend in R.I. and staying to visit her sister outside of Boston. Oh well. We will see what the schedule brings nearby next year hopefully.

Here's a crazy idea...

You out-of-town guys could actually come to CLEVELAND for a Browns game.... 😲😝

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Here's a crazy idea...

LOL! There are 7 siblings altogether who are higher on my wife's travel agenda, Colorado, Florida, eastern PA, Boston and west of London. So good luck with that she says.🙉

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! There are 7 siblings altogether who are higher on my wife's travel agenda, Colorado, Florida, eastern PA, Boston and west of London. So good luck with that she says.🙉

Cool thing is just by visiting her family you get to see the world! 

I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know it doesn't suck for me to have cousins who live outside of New York City and Chicago.

The ones in Colo and England are mine. The other 3 you have to think of the book Little Women, wife and her 3 sisters. That is the most major obstacle to overcome when you think of it that way. But I love the beach and the art galleries in Boston so................................😁

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Chicago is great for visiting and great eats.......especially on a company tab when I had one, can get pricey.

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Chicago is great for visiting and great eats.......especially on a company tab when I had one, can get pricey.

I know it was the ultimate touristy thing to do, but I enjoyed my time at Giordano's when visiting the Windy City. The deep dish pizza was very nice. 

12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know it was the ultimate touristy thing to do, but I enjoyed my time at Giordano's when visiting the Windy City. The deep dish pizza was very nice. 

On Rush St with the ferris wheel pizza oven? First thing a friend on his first business trip and I hit way back......great.

Not to hijack the BROWNS Houston trip thread, I've been there and around Texas on business too way back I can imagine how much Houston, Dallas/FW, SA and others must have grown. Sounds like a nice BROWNS BACKERS event!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Chicago I see how Giordano's has grown all over, the main one when I was in Chicago was:  730 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611

Back then the best deep dish pizza in Chicagol

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The ones in Colo and England are mine. The other 3 you have to think of the book Little Women, wife and her 3 sisters. That is the most major obstacle to overcome when you think of it that way. But I love the beach and the art galleries in Boston so................................😁

I have 4 sisters. All live within 10-12 miles. But my brother lives in Arizona 

24 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Not to hijack the BROWNS Houston trip thread, I've been there and around Texas on business too way back I can imagine how much Houston, Dallas/FW, SA and others must have grown. Sounds like a nice BROWNS BACKERS event!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Chicago I see how Giordano's has grown all over, the main one when I was in Chicago was:  730 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611

Back then the best deep dish pizza in Chicagol

Then tell us where in Houston to go eat. 

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Here's a crazy idea...

Texas to CLE is a hell of a trip, but I can’t wait to have a Buckeye Browns weekend. My father was born in Columbus and is a diehard/lifelong fan and has never seen a game in either home stadium, just like me. It’ll happen in the next couple of years. 

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Here's a crazy idea...

We all did that.   A lot of us out of town guys were in Cleveland for the Jets game.     Tribe game on Friday night.   I even made the drive to Columbus on Saturday for my first ever visit to the horseshoe for the OSU game.   Already planning opening weekend next year.

Archived