THE BROWNS BOARD

Chubb a DOUBLE winner!

Canton Mike

Nick Chubb won both "Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week" (for the 2nd time) & "FedEx Ground Player of the Week" 

That gives the Browns 7 Rookies of the Week in 10 weeks...Baker (3), Chubb (2), & Ward (2). The Fedex award is for best in the NFL, not just Rookies.

What's next???

Mike

23 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Of prison?

Despite his past, he's isn't in one.... yet. 😝

I'm not too worried about this kid... If he fuks up.. oh well

13 minutes ago, nickers said:

I'm not too worried about this kid... If he fuks up.. oh well

if things go well with callaway this could turn out to be the best draft in Browns history

Darius Leonard, Colts LB,  won twice (weeks 2 & 8). Saquon Barkley won in week 6. Other than that, it's all Browns...

Ward, weeks 1 & 5, Baker weeks 3, 7, & 9, then Chubb weeks 4 & 10.

Mike

Yeah, but if the Browns become a playoff team, then where would rich4eagle and ghoolie troll? One man can only pleasure himself so many times to Trent Richardson, after all.

And don't post their names again in this thread, because if you post their screen name three times in a row they appear.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been beyond happy with Nick Chubb, and there's a good chance he's going to have a solid week for us against the Broncos.  It's funny though, Chubb normally has excellent vision, but as I go back and watch the Panther's game, I notice how it was probably one of his worst games.  Now his numbers are pretty good for the day, but what the numbers don't show is how many yards he left on the field.  Chubb's vision is normally excellent, but he's going to vomit when he watches the film because he left some decent chunk rushes on the table, and also one that could've been about a 80 yarder.  Now he PROBABLY would've been caught after 30 yards or so, but with Chubb, you never know because he's got that killer speed.  If you want to see the play I'm talking about it's a play or two before the Higgins fumble in the first half.  Chubb takes the handoff and looks left, but inexplicably takes off to the right.  Had he continued left, he had two WR blockers in front of him, and I don't know how long he would've run, but it would've been a gashing run.  I'm not exaggerating either, there was like NOBODY to the left, and he was looking directly that way.  He would've had a head of steam and only a handful of people that could've got him.  

The Broncos don't have a superior rush defense, as weird as that sounds.  They're great at getting to the QB, but not so great at stopping the run for some reason.  If we're going to win, I really think Chubb is going to have a LOT to do with it.  He ALMOST sprang a couple of long ones, but he made the wrong read or blocking didn't quite hold up.  We're going to need those runs to beat a quality team at their place Saturday.  

5 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I've been beyond happy with Nick Chubb, and there's a good chance he's going to have a solid week for us against the Broncos.  It's funny though, Chubb normally has excellent vision, but as I go back and watch the Panther's game, I notice how it was probably one of his worst games.  Now his numbers are pretty good for the day, but what the numbers don't show is how many yards he left on the field.  Chubb's vision is normally excellent, but he's going to vomit when he watches the film because he left some decent chunk rushes on the table, and also one that could've been about a 80 yarder.  Now he PROBABLY would've been caught after 30 yards or so, but with Chubb, you never know because he's got that killer speed.  If you want to see the play I'm talking about it's a play or two before the Higgins fumble in the first half.  Chubb takes the handoff and looks left, but inexplicably takes off to the right.  Had he continued left, he had two WR blockers in front of him, and I don't know how long he would've run, but it would've been a gashing run.  I'm not exaggerating either, there was like NOBODY to the left, and he was looking directly that way.  He would've had a head of steam and only a handful of people that could've got him.  

The Broncos don't have a superior rush defense, as weird as that sounds.  They're great at getting to the QB, but not so great at stopping the run for some reason.  If we're going to win, I really think Chubb is going to have a LOT to do with it.  He ALMOST sprang a couple of long ones, but he made the wrong read or blocking didn't quite hold up.  We're going to need those runs to beat a quality team at their place Saturday.  

draw plays and screens I see for Chubb on saturday night

5 hours ago, ATOM said:

draw plays and screens I see for Chubb on saturday night

Yep. Chubb had one nice draw and could've had another vs Carolina but guessed wrong and Keuchly was having none of it. 

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

The Broncos don't have a superior rush defense, as weird as that sounds.  They're great at getting to the QB, but not so great at stopping the run for some reason.  

Defenses that are great at rushing the passer AND stopping the run are rare, and end up getting nicknames attached to them that people remember for generations. Defensive Linemen who are great at rushing the passer and stopping the run get inducted into Canton. 

37 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Defenses that are great at rushing the passer AND stopping the run are rare, and end up getting nicknames attached to them that people remember for generations. Defensive Linemen who are great at rushing the passer and stopping the run get inducted into Canton. 

Almost like near the top in BOTH running and passing now, generally if you're good at one you lean on it

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Almost like near the top in BOTH running and passing now, generally if you're good at one you lean on it

That's a pretty good point. Jacksonville last year comes to mind as a team that was brutally tough in both aspects, and they've flashed this year too. Shutting out the Colts was crazy and winning 6-0. What excites me the most about this game is that the Denver defense doesn't appear to have ANYONE in the secondary, especially at corner. Also, our OC has demonstrated the ability to create ways to mitigate pass rushes and get rid of the ball quickly, so I'm hoping the combination of a poor secondary and our ability to get the ball out helps us consistently move it down the field for long scoring drives. And what's the best way to nullify a great pass rush? Running the ball, and hitting them with a play-action pass. 

Baker & Nick..What a pair of offensive playmakers in the same draft! I still have a hard time believing Chubb was  there in round 2 (much less our SECOND round 2 pick!).

Could Dorsey & Crew have done any better for our offense?

Mike

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Baker & Nick..What a pair of offensive playmakers in the same draft! I still have a hard time believing Chubb was  there in round 2 (much less our SECOND round 2 pick!).

Could Dorsey & Crew have done any better for our offense?

Mike

he did he also drafted calloway and brought in landry 

Archived