THE BROWNS BOARD

Comedian Norm Macdonald Tweets About Christianity And Leftists Can't Handle It

OldBrownsFan

Here is the tweet from Norm Macdonald: 

The Enlightenment turned us away from truth and toward a darkling weakening horizon, sad and grey to see. The afterglow of Christianity is near gone now, and a stygian silence lurks in wait.

— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) November 15, 2018

I had to look up "stygian" (being the hick I am) but thought this was a real good reflection of where we are today. Of course the left went ballistic over it.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/38404/comedian-norm-macdonald-tweets-about-christianity-emily-zanotti

woodpeckCCCker translation:

"I, too, say sarcastic attack stuff to try to intelligently take part in any discussion. MOO."

32 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

"Stygian"... relating to the Styx River.

"very dark".

Cool. I learned me a new word ! lol

If he just would have said Styx river I wouldn't have had to google it ...

There is nothing new under the sun. God has been pronounced dead many times before but He keeps coming back and the only ones dying are those who pronounced God dead. This may be different though. The bible does speak of a great falling away in the end times.

5 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

"Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson Tweets about Christmas, and the Religious Can't Handle It":

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/neil-degrasse-tyson-sparks-internet-fight-with-christmas-tweets/

One difference I see is this guy deliberately provoking a fight (and he got it). I didn't sense that at all with what Norm Macdonald tweeted. 

10 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

One difference I see is this guy deliberately provoking a fight (and he got it). I didn't sense that at all with what Norm Macdonald tweeted. 

1) NGT wasn't "deliberately provoking a fight" - he was telling a joke.

2) When you get down to the nuts and bolts of it, his jokes did contain factual truths in them.

3) If you can't handle your ideas and beliefs being critiqued, criticized and potentially ridiculed, you probably shouldn't post them to a public domain like Twitter. That goes for the Leftists as well as NGT and Norm.

4) I find it amusing that the same people who threw a shi.t fit when NGT tweeted that about Christmas - or when atheists tweet about religion in general- are now suddenly finding themselves sneering at those who did the same thing to Norm.

2 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

2) When you get down to the nuts and bolts of it, his jokes did contain factual truths in them.

3) If you can't handle your ideas and beliefs being critiqued, criticized and potentially ridiculed, you probably shouldn't post them to a public domain like Twitter. That goes for the Leftists as well as NGT and Norm.

4) I find it amusing that the same people who threw a shi.t fit when NGT tweeted that about Christmas - or when atheists tweet about religion in general- are now suddenly finding themselves sneering at those who did the same thing to Norm.

I read what he posted. He was not doing what MacDonald did. He was deliberately picking a fight which he got. Macdonald was making a personal reflection which stirred up all the group think on the left to attack him.

6 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I read what he posted. He was not doing what MacDonald did. He was deliberately picking a fight which he got. Macdonald was making a personal reflection which stirred up all the group think on the left to attack him.

No you are just trained to attack anyone who doesn't treat your sacred beliefs with anything but reverence. So you see it as an attack. 

11 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I didn't know that an astrophysicist making a joke about one of the greatest physicists having a birthday on Christmas Day was actually picking a fight, but if it works for you...

Just now, jbluhm86 said:

I didn't know that an astrophysicist making a joke about one of the greatest physicists having a birthday on Christmas Day was actually picking a fight, but if it works for you...

I see it how it is....this wasn't a one time joke... Tyson made a number of those tweets to provoke a response..MacDonald was not doing that at all with his single tweet. Personally I wouldn't have responded to what Tyson said because I don't care what he believes but I believe Tyson wanted the controversy and got it. 

16 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I see it how it is....this wasn't a one time joke... Tyson made a number of those tweets to provoke a response..MacDonald was not doing that at all with his single tweet. Personally I wouldn't have responded to what Tyson said because I don't care what he believes but I believe Tyson wanted the controversy and got it. 

Seeing as how Norm MacDonald is a satirical comedian, how can you claim that he posted that in seriousness and not just to get a reaction out of it, which he obviously did? You seem to be ascribing to him motives that he hasn't expressed publicly because his tweet seems to favour the religious beliefs that you have. I'm perfectly willing to admit he might have been serious, but I also know that his comedic A-game is in satirical humor as well.

12 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Seeing as how Norm MacDonald is a satirical comedian, how can you claim that he posted that in seriousness and not just to get a reaction out of it, which he obviously did? You seem to be ascribing to him motives that he hasn't expressed publicly because his tweet seems to favour the religious beliefs that you have. I'm perfectly willing to admit he might have been serious, but I also know that his comedic A-game is in satirical humor as well.

You  are right I can't look into someones heart and know the true motive but it seemed to me that is where MacDonald was coming from. More of just a sad reflection of where we are at today and the direction we are going. 

20 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

ignorant base animals. Some of u should be in zoos. 

Speaking of animals here is an excellent theory of one of my favorite animals..dogs

The way I see it, dogs had this big meeting, oh, maybe 20,000 years ago. A huge meeting — an international convention with delegates from everywhere. And that's when they decided that humans were the up-and-coming species and dogs were going to throw their lot in with them. The decision was obviously not unanimous. The wolves and dingoes walked out in protest.  Krauthammer

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

"Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson Tweets about Christmas, and the Religious Can't Handle It":

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/neil-degrasse-tyson-sparks-internet-fight-with-christmas-tweets/

Mr. Tyson is a guy who doesn't believe in Christianity, but believes in MMGW!

image.png.01b11707979aeb4d2a98857bea995b52.png

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

He was definitely provoking a fight.  But that was almost 4 years ago.

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

u fukking kunt christians can stfu u cant handle "happy holidays" on a stupid fukking starbucks cup. I dont want to hear a single word about "leftists going nuts" when u stupid kunts have called for literal boycotts of great american companies like starbucks, sears etc,etc. Shut ur stupid flake mouths

You just want to stir the pot and provoke Old.  That's pretty obvious.  That's your main job on TBB.

Isaac Newton
Mathematician
Sir Isaac Newton PRS FRS was an English mathematician, astronomer, theologian, author and physicist who is widely recognised as one of the most influential scientists of all time, and a key figure in the scientific revolution. Wikipedia

Full name: Sir Isaac Newton

45 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:
Isaac Newton
Mathematician
Sir Isaac Newton PRS FRS was an English mathematician, astronomer, theologian, author and physicist who is widely recognised as one of the most influential scientists of all time, and a key figure in the scientific revolution. Wikipedia

Full name: Sir Isaac Newton

The physicist and mathematician was born on December 25, 1642, using the older style Julian calendar, according to Encyclopedia Britannica. 

If you were wondering...

back to mcdonald....he's a tit, nothing more. He's an uneducated roob who doesnt know anything of actual human history....

just look at the remnants of old protesrant doctrines of subjugation that are still alive and well IN FUKKING CANADA....https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-november-13-2018-1.4902679/indigenous-women-kept-from-seeing-their-newborn-babies-until-agreeing-to-sterilization-says-lawyer-1.4902693?fbclid=IwAR0Ek9y2u5E1vxnPMGvUIAWJSMELWvQEMJlchXgIhVR7YWYsgGHEWyMQ7_8

Archived