THE BROWNS BOARD

Laughing stock or most envied?

Westside Steve

48 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And Army troops who get a paid camping trip to not do anything other than be grandstanding props for a certain 🤴 court jester.🤩

But they are working now even without more illegals inside the country. Just for the record I am pretty damned pro-immigration and pretty damned anti-illegal-immigration. I think a lot of people are and that it's stupid to have to pimp illegals just because of your new party affiliation.

😃

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And Army troops who get a paid camping trip to not do anything other than be grandstanding props for a certain 🤴 court jester.🤩

While we’re on the subject of getting paid for doing nothing...you must really hate all of the nothing being produced by the Mueller investigative team.

On 11/16/2018 at 3:41 PM, Canton Dawg said:

While we’re on the subject of getting paid for doing nothing...you must really hate all of the nothing being produced by the Mueller investigative team.

It ain't over 'till it's over-Yogi Berra

On 11/16/2018 at 1:39 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Tex, they are going to get the 'Southwestern USA Service medal".

Damn don't tell Ted. He'll think up some medal for Texas to give 'em, like this maybe? Hang it under a Lone Star Ribbon and voila!

Back in my day I might have won one of these. Better check my closet. 🧐

1846-Mexican-War-Veterans-Medal-UNIQUE-Prototype-Serial-Number-0-034-RARE-034-Texas

VA secretary: President Trump has kept his promises

The facts are clear: No president has done more in two years to strengthen our military and reform the Department of Veterans Affairs to better serve our nation’s heroes than President Donald Trump.

Until Trump, no candidate in history had made serving our veterans the centerpiece of a presidential campaign. In office, Trump has kept his promise, improving the lives of America’s veterans through a number of key initiatives that enact more reform across the organization than at any other time in decades.

These impactful reforms include the MISSION Act, which provides real health care choice to eligible veterans, and the Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act, which makes VA one of the most accountable agencies in the federal government.

Trump has also done more in less than two years to improve transparency for veterans than any of his predecessors. In contrast to every other health system in the nation, VA now posts wait times online for every VA medical center across the country, and it updates them on a weekly basis. The agency is also the first hospital system in the nation to post online its opioid prescription rates, accountability and settlement information, and chief executive travel.

Under Trump, VA is also adopting a joint electronic health record system that aligns with the one used by the Department of Defense. This transition will result in all Defense and VA patient data residing in one common system, better integrating information across components and enabling seamless care as those who fight for our country’s freedoms transition back into civilian life.

Make no mistake: President Trump has kept his promises to keep our country safe, revitalize our military, and reform VA. Not since President Lincoln has another president done more to “care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan,” just as our nation deserves.

Robert L. Wilkie is secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Gov. Jerry Brown Quietly Admits Trump Was Right, Eases California Logging Rules

https://www.dailywire.com/news/38520/gov-jerry-brown-quietly-admits-trump-was-right-emily-zanotti

poor hating Tex won't be sitting down without a pillow after this one !tenor.gif

What I faulted Trump for was not the substance of what he said but the timing of what he said. When people were dying in these fires and homes were being destroyed and firemen were working hard to put out the fires was not the time to cast the blame (even though I disagreed with Jerry Brown blaming the fires on global warming).

How “green policies” are burning the Golden State to a crisp

WHY TRUMP IS RIGHT ON CALIFORNIA WILDFIRES

"But as usual Trump is right –at least in a big-picture way— and his critics are wrong.

Years ago environmentalist lobbies ideologically opposed to economic growth put the screws to California’s once-thriving wood-harvesting industry. New federal and state regulations came into effect make it increasingly difficult for the industry to operate.

“As a result, timber industry employment gradually collapsed, falling in 2017 to half of what it was 20 years earlier, with imports from Canada, China, and other nations filling domestic need,” Chuck DeVore, Vice President of National Initiatives at the Texas Public Policy Foundation, writes at Forbes.

As timber harvesting permit fees rose and environmental regulations intensified, industry employees left the field and “[t]he combustible fuel load in the forest predictably soared,” according to DeVore. “No longer were forest management professionals clearing brush and thinning trees.”

https://canadafreepress.com/article/why-trump-is-right-on-california-wildfires

The article I posted talked about not clearing out the brush and thinning trees as causes for the fires. As for raking it looks like Trump got it wrong and the Trump haters are playing it up for all it is worth. The left wants to blame the fires on global warming. There is evidence of forest mismanagement playing a role in these fires and Gov. Brown is even coming to grips with that.

California's Devastating Fires Are Man-Caused -- But Not In The Way They Tell Us

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2018/07/30/californias-devastating-fires-are-man-caused-but-not-in-the-way-they-tell-us/#41566eb970af

13 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The article I posted talked about not clearing out the brush and thinning trees as causes for the fires. As for raking it looks like Trump got it wrong and the Trump haters are playing it up for all it is worth. The left wants to blame the fires on global warming. There is evidence of forest mismanagement playing a role in these fires and Gov. Brown is even coming to grips with that.

California's Devastating Fires Are Man-Caused -- But Not In The Way They Tell Us

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2018/07/30/californias-devastating-fires-are-man-caused-but-not-in-the-way-they-tell-us/#41566eb970af

CJ is a moron and of course he got it wrong. Comparing CA to Finland is pretty stupid even for a moron.

Archived