THE BROWNS BOARD

Did you See His Handoff Though?

jrb12711

On 11/16/2018 at 9:17 AM, calfoxwc said:

I was a huge fan of Ward over de Chubb, but I wasn't much on the Baker train. I knew he wasn't another youknowwho, but wondered about his size and maturity. That ended after watching him at training camp/preseason and listening to him in interviews.

Picking Baker was freaking brilliant. Not so much for my qb, Allen, or Rosen, or Darnold or....

Baker is magic. and the players all around him know it. Just a brilliant draft.

de Chubb or de other Chubb? Funny how things work out sometimes. 

I kind of like Chubb first and then a QB...... ahhhhhh, rehashing my draft picks in November, I need a hobby or something. :(

On 11/15/2018 at 3:47 PM, jrb12711 said:

Look, I'm not going to reach too far in the future. But as it stands now we have a legit contender for a franchise QB and a RB who is outshining the pick most people thought should be in Mayfield's place, with less time on the field. No reason not to start to enjoy that taste.

Like your thread and points here! 

I remember trying to talk a few guys into Baker's ability long before the draft. Unfortunately, I did the same stuff for Johnny Manziel so I probably recruited a lot of deaf ears to my opinion about Baker. Throughout the pre-draft, I had Baker wavering back and forth between my 1A and 1B QB choice.  He reminded me most of Drew Brees and still does to be honest.

Between Patrick Mahomes and Baker Mayfield, I think we can officially deep 6 the "STAY AWAY FROM BIG 12 QBs" from here on out.  For those worried about QBs that are 6" tall or under, there's a ton of Pro Bowls and post seasons with the following guys that size: Joe Theisman, Warren Moon, Jeff Garcia, Drew Brees and Russell Wilson...

7 hours ago, BobPOUND! said:

Makes me love him even more...  There has to be a new word invented to describe the conflicted feelings male Browns fans are feeling all over this country.. He's a dude, but we love him..

BobPound!

#BAKERMANCE'

Archived