THE BROWNS BOARD

Did you See His Handoff Though?

jrb12711

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Mayfield was mic'd up against the Falcons and it's honestly pretty friking good stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzAf7oXwE1A

The helping of Crow I'm eating each week is starting to taste fairly good.

Even better when you can smile and say.... "ummmm, that's pretty good, I kind of like it, can I have more?"

I thought #1 for BM was a reach and could have been bundled better -but- evidently they wanted their guy, and BM was happy he got a cool RV in the deal. :lol:

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Even better when you can smile and say.... "ummmm, that's pretty good, I kind of like it, can I have more?"

I thought #1 for BM was a reach and could have been bundled better -but- evidently they wanted their guy, and BM was happy he got a cool RV in the deal. :lol:

Look, I'm not going to reach too far in the future. But as it stands now we have a legit contender for a franchise QB and a RB who is outshining the pick most people thought should be in Mayfield's place, with less time on the field. No reason not to start to enjoy that taste.

that's really funny. Baker and talking about his handoff, lol....Baker saying "Hey, this is going to hurt my rushing yards, now" LOL

How can his teammates not believe in him? He's magic. And very danger6us. LOL

Good stuff!!!

.........and a new respect for Fells.  He would NOT break off that conversation he had with Baker until Baker understood Not to get in position to take hits like that, "Don't get hurt please.  -  I'm gonna grab your head like my dad used to do. Take care of yourself baby.  We need you."   Baker, "Yes sir!"   (that right there was quite a compliment and real advice from Mr. Fells)

I watched that entire video with the biggest smile on my face... I could get used to this! 

Baker's energy & attitude are obviously contagious. I could watch this kid all day long.

I have a Draft party every year & went into a dance this year celebrating Bakers' selection. With that, my old Priest friend, Fr Pat, jumped up & shouted that he was just another Manziel. He is now as big a Baker Fan as I am & he has been since late in Training Camp. He is unable to go to Sunday games/tailgates due to Mass, but was my guest at the Jets' game, which was also the 1st game I wore my Mayfield Jersey. I apologized to him in the 1st half, but then, along came Baker!!! What a baptism THAT was!!!

It has been fun watching all those doubting & even condemning that #1 pick come around. Baker Mayfield has brought new life to Browns Town & beyond.

Mike

14 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Baker's energy & attitude are obviously contagious. I could watch this kid all day long.

I have a Draft party every year & went into a dance this year celebrating Bakers' selection. With that, my old Priest friend, Fr Pat, jumped up & shouted that he was just another Manziel. He is now as big a Baker Fan as I am & he has been since late in Training Camp. He is unable to go to Sunday games/tailgates due to Mass, but was my guest at the Jets' game, which was also the 1st game I wore my Mayfield Jersey. I apologized to him in the 1st half, but then, along came Baker!!! What a baptism THAT was!!!

It has been fun watching all those doubting & even condemning that #1 pick come around. Baker Mayfield has brought new life to Browns Town & beyond.

Mike

Mike I admit I was skeptical and tended to favor the more treelike Sam Darnold after Rosen took one hit too many. But Baker has proven how much he loves the game and how hard he works to be molded into a true NFL standout QB. I'm glad he now has an OC that so far is proving that he knows how to use Baker's strengths in making him that kind of QB. But next time slide dammit! Listen to Mr. Fells!

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

I was a huge fan of Ward over de Chubb, but I wasn't much on the Baker train. I knew he wasn't another youknowwho, but wondered about his size and maturity. That ended after watching him at training camp/preseason and listening to him in interviews.

Picking Baker was freaking brilliant. Not so much for my qb, Allen, or Rosen, or Darnold or....

Baker is magic. and the players all around him know it. Just a brilliant draft.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Plenty of them came down last night.

I know.. I live in Concord Township... Right in the snow belt...

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Baker is magic. and the players all around him know it. Just a brilliant draft.

Every time I watch Brees now I see Baker down the road 10-15 years. Baker has the ability to get right there with him in a very short period of time. Brees has absolute mastery of the players around him and superb reading of any defense thrown at him. That second part will take time and experience. But Baker sure seems on top of knowing the players around him already.

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Every time I watch Brees now I see Baker down the road 10-15 years. Baker has the ability to get right there with him in a very short period of time. Brees has absolute mastery of the players around him and superb reading of any defense thrown at him. That second part will take time and experience. But Baker sure seems on top of knowing the players around him already.

I hope Bernie gives him pointers on the side.. Bernie was a master at thinking outside the box on the grid iron...it's great when you can have a QB whose thinking 3-4 plays ahead of everybody...

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So? Are you over saying that Sequin should have been the choice?

Come on gip you know damn well we should have taken saquon at number one and Barkley would have been there four. Trying to do my best PoG imitation.

22 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I watched that entire video with the biggest smile on my face... I could get used to this! 

Just joking with you PoG. In other and more important news how's that little one of yours getting along? You, Otto, and your family continue to be in my prayers

10 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Come on gip you know damn well we should have taken saquon at number one and Barkley would have been there four. Trying to do my best PoG imitation.

Just joking with you PoG. In other and more important news how's that little one of yours getting along? You, Otto, and your family continue to be in my prayers

Thank you so very much.

So far, so good on the Otto front. We'll know what's going on inside once we got back to the eye doctor and then even more in January when he gets his follow up MRI. On the outside, he's looking much better. 

Quick story.

After his follow up appointment with the neurosurgeon she suggested to quit washing his incision on his head 3 times a day with the baby soap and to start just cleaning it once a day and afterwards apply some Neosporin to help the stitches and scab start to come off...

So we did that, a few days into this routine the area around the half moon incision started to raise up and the incision itself started to look infected. It almost looked like a there was a walnut under the skin. We started to think that the pressure was building back up and the surgery wasn't working. We were debating whether to take him to the emergency room, or at least call the hospital, we were thinking he might have to go back into another surgery and he was just doing so good too... 

We finally called and sent the doctor a few pictures of area and mentioned it started a few days after applying the Neosporin. She said go back to washing 3 times a day with baby soap and to quit putting on the Neosporin. Almost immediately after, the redness and swelling went away and he started doing better than ever. He went straight to walking around. He started baby talking, signing, singing, walking and even doing baby Elvis dance moves- it's amazing! He puts his little hands together when we sit down for dinner and says, "Pay", for pray. He's so sweet.

On 11/16/2018 at 10:08 AM, nickers said:

I know.. I live in Concord Township... Right in the snow belt...

Once upon a time I worked at the then Diamond Shamrock Research Center on the south side of the freeway...

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Once upon a time I worked at the then Diamond Shamrock Research Center on the south side of the freeway...

I'm over there by 44 and Auburn.. right in the heart of Quail Hollow...

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

When I mentioned I wanted Baker to be like Farve on the field in terms of having fun - this is exactly what I meant.     Now if he can avoid some of the other things that plagued Brett I'll be good.  

Penis pics? 😁

24 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Penis pics? 😁

Some things I'd choose to permanently block out. 

.......now others I keep.  :)

7 hours ago, nickers said:

I'm over there by 44 and Auburn.. right in the heart of Quail Hollow...

Quail Hollow... again once upon a time... was a Diamond Shamrock property.

Played the course a couple times and from one hole you could see an A-frame, Swiss chalet style house that was reportedly the "playhouse" of our then CEO.

Archived