THE BROWNS BOARD

so how would u guys have reacted if obama did this?

Clevfan4life

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

As with most fake stories about rage including endless charges of racism, demands to remove team mascots Etc it's usually just the haters that get offended, or more likely pretend to be. Like I said in the case of Veterans Day being changed to Heroes Day by a local school my friend who served at gitmo wasn't outraged but his feelings were hurt. Most people are normal and don't pitch a bitch about minutiae.

WSS

Why don't you just tell him that was minutiae?

And while we're at it when is this so called "president" going to visit the Cal. wildfire disaster rather than sit back and tweet crapola about how it's the fault of forest managers? What does it take for you guys to see what a disaster we have in the WH? Being a despicable human being does not appear to reach you, so my guess will be only when we are in the depths of the Trump recession. It's coming. Be ready.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/is-an-economic-recession-coming-this-market-guru-says-yes

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And while we're at it when is this so called "president" going to visit the Cal. wildfire disaster rather than sit back and tweet crapola about how it's the fault of forest managers? What does it take for you guys to see what a disaster we have in the WH? Being a despicable human being does not appear to reach you, so my guess will be only when we are in the depths of the Trump recession. It's coming. Be ready.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/is-an-economic-recession-coming-this-market-guru-says-yes

Tex even if you have some valid points at times with your criticism of TrumpĀ  your Trump Derangement Syndrome overcomes any objectivity you might have. Even though the economy is booming now we will have a recession down the road. We always do, it is cyclical.

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Tex even if you have some valid points at times with your criticism of TrumpĀ  your Trump Derangement Syndrome overcomes any objectivity you might have. Even though the economy is booming now we will have a recession down the road. We always do, it is cyclical.

I guess Kellyanne's husband is equally infected. From conservative source Newsmax.Ā  LOL! šŸ§

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/kellyanne-conway-donald-trump-tom-ridge/2018/11/15/id/890790/?ns_mail_uid=6d52df85-236f-4a8f-8332-d84fdb5d6ebf&ns_mail_job=DM8571_11152018&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010102xgmbo6

And BTW I got an answer from my last vet friend, former Special Forces and later Secret Service career.Ā Ā 

He gave him a little slack on Paris because of the security complexities of last minute travel changes due to weather (he would know since he did this stuff for a living), but Arlington pissed him off. He is a big time Trump supporter, but did not like that at all. He felt it was a shameful moment for Trump.

Memorial day is for well, memorial.Ā  Laying Wreaths.Ā  Veterans day is not.

Ā 

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEMORIAL DAY AND VETERANS DAY

May 21, 2018
| By Teresa Verity
Categories:Ā Blog,Ā Home,Ā Uncategorized

Ā 

Memorial Day and Veterans Day are both patriotic holidays honoring the military, but there is a significant difference between the two aside from when they land on the calendar.

Memorial Day, which falls on the last Monday in May, honors the men and women who died while serving in the military. This solemn occasion is a time to reflect on these American patriots who made the ultimate sacrifice while protecting and defending the country they deeply loved. Veterans Day, observed every November 11, recognizes all who have served in the Armed Forces.

You may wonder: What is the proper way to acknowledge each holiday? On Memorial Day you can honor the fallen by attending memorial services within your community or laying flowers and planting flags on graves at your local Veterans cemetery. Veterans Day is an opportunity to do the same, but it is also an appropriate time to show your appreciation to Veteran friends and family. You can also recognize Veterans Day by flying the American flag outside your home, visiting or volunteering at a Veteran facility, attending a local event, and, of course, thanking Veterans and their families for their service.

You do not have to wait for a national holiday to show your gratitude to Servicemembers. Any day is a good day to support Veterans either through a charity or giving a heartfelt ā€œthank youā€ to those who served.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I guess Kellyanne's husband is equally infected. From conservative source Newsmax.Ā  LOL! šŸ§

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/kellyanne-conway-donald-trump-tom-ridge/2018/11/15/id/890790/?ns_mail_uid=6d52df85-236f-4a8f-8332-d84fdb5d6ebf&ns_mail_job=DM8571_11152018&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010102xgmbo6

And BTW I got an answer from my last vet friend, former Special Forces and later Secret Service career.Ā Ā 

He gave him a little slack on Paris because of the security complexities of last minute travel changes due to weather (he would know since he did this stuff for a living), but Arlington pissed him off. He is a big time Trump supporter, but did not like that at all. He felt it was a shameful moment for Trump.

Geez Tex, you have to list everyones 'special forces', former 'secret service' etc.Ā  Ā I can list the same but what does it matter. I guess you Texans are just more 'sensitive'.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I can tell you this Tex never would I do what Kellyanne's husband is doing...his wife works for Trump. It is hard for me to believe that someone can be so political they put their politics over their own wife's best interest...maybe I have a better marriage than these two but I just can't fathom me ever doing something like this. I think your guess is correct her husband is infected with TDS.

28 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I don't know that he cares one way or the other if the president made it to a ceremony or not. I mean seriously your candidate and her boss were much less respectful of the military. So...

WSS

My candidate was McCain. Try again.

And it will be Ben Sasse of Iowa in 2020 if he'll run against Trump in the primaries. Mario is getting too Trumpy for me. He's trying to unseat Pence it appears. I'd take Sasse with Kasich any day over those two.

Like a good many independents and now Republicans, I would only vote Democrat if Trump is up for it again. It's the only way to rid us of the cancer.

28 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My candidate was McCain. Try again.

And it will be Ben Sasse of Iowa in 2020 if he'll run against Trump in the primaries. Mario is getting too Trumpy for me. He's trying to unseat Pence it appears. I'd take Sasse with Kasich any day over those two.

Like a good many independents and now Republicans, I would only vote Democrat if Trump is up for it again. It's the only way to rid us of the cancer.

Kasich? Really?

Iā€™m embarrassed to say that worthless POS is a product of Ohio.

On 11/16/2018 at 7:00 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

When he was in congress he supported cutting COLA for military retirees and disabled vets.

The reason Congress passed the FERS program combined with paying SS was because CSRS was (and is) tied to COLA after you retire. They did not make that very clear when the choice was offered for those of us who could chose to stay in CSRS or switch. I smartly chose to believe that Congress would screw me if I went with FERS. I would not have been able to retire a bit early nor would I be getting the full COLA tied increase whenever it goes up.

It would not be right to cut COLA increases for those Mil. who retired with that in mind when the chose to retire. It would be like changing the rules when the game is already decided. Disabled vets have no choice in that either without attempting to get an increase in their rating, which can be a nightmare with the VA.

Archived