THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns records Trivia

The Gipper

It is the Bye week, so, no upcoming opponent.  So this week's trivia will be all about who holds particular Brown's team records.  So, give these a try.

Note:   this is to be done on the honor system.  In other words, no Googling.  Answer what you think you can and carry on. If you don't have an answer, let someone else try.

1. Who holds the Browns record for the longest run from Scrimmage?

2. Who holds the Browns record for most rushing yards in a season?

3. Who holds the Browns record for most rushing yards in a game?

4. A.  Who holds the Browns record for most passing yards in a game, regular season?

B.  in a postseason game?

5. Who holds the Browns record for most TD passes in a season?

6. Who holds the Browns record for having thrown the most interceptions in a season?

7. The longest pass completion from scrimmage is (and can ever only be)  99 yards. It has been done 14 times in NFL history.  Two Browns QBs are among the 14 who have done it.   Name them

8. The Browns record for most  TD passes in a game is 6, held by one man.  Name him

9. Who holds the Browns record for most pass completions in a game?

10. Two players hold the Browns record for most catches in a game...with 14.   Name them.

11. Who holds the Browns record for most receiving yards in a game?

12. See question #7.    Who were the two Browns WRs who caught those  99 yard passes.

13. The NFL/AFL record for most TDs rushing in a game is 5, held by 5 players.  One of them was a Cleveland Brown.  Name him.

14. The Browns record for most TD catches in a game is 4, held by one man.   Name him.

15.  The NFL record for most points scored in a game is 36 (6 TDs)...held by two men.  One of them is a Cleveland Brown.  Name him

Bonus:  Just for shites  and giggles, name the other NFL player who shares the record with the Browns player.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It is the Bye week, so, no upcoming opponent.  So this week's trivia will be all about who holds particular Brown's team records.  So, give these a try.

Note:   this is to be done on the honor system.  In other words, no Googling.  Answer what you think you can and carry on. If you don't have an answer, let someone else try.

4. A.  Who holds the Browns record for most passing yards in a game, regular season?

6. Who holds the Browns record for having thrown the most interceptions in a season?

Thom Darden

7. The longest pass completion from scrimmage is (and can ever only be)  99 yards. It has been done 14 times in NFL history.  Two Browns QBs are among the 14 who have done it.   Name them

Otto Graham, Jeff Garcia

8. The Browns record for most  TD passes in a game is 6, held by one man.  Name him

10. Two players hold the Browns record for most catches in a game...with 14.   Name them.

12. See question #7.    Who were the two Browns WRs who caught those  99 yard passes.

Mac Speedie, Andra Davis

13. The NFL/AFL record for most TDs rushing in a game is 5, held by 5 players.  One of them was a Cleveland Brown.  Name him.

14. The Browns record for most TD catches in a game is 4, held by one man.   Name him.

15.  The NFL record for most points scored in a game is 36 (6 TDs)...held by two men.  One of them is a Cleveland Brown.  Name him

Bonus:  Just for shites  and giggles, name the other NFL player who shares the record with the Browns player.

15 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Thom Darden  You must have misunderstood the question.....I am looking for the QB who threw the most Ints in a season.  Whole Thom Darden holds the Browns career record for most Ints, I am not sure he holds it for most in a season. Would have to check. I know that Anthony Henry had 10 one year.

Otto Graham, Jeff Garcia  Check

Mac Speedie, Andra Davis  Check

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Thom Darden  You must have misunderstood the question.....I am looking for the QB who threw the most Ints in a season.  Whole Thom Darden holds the Browns career record for most Ints, I am not sure he holds it for most in a season. Would have to check. I know that Anthony Henry had 10 one year.

I did....oops. My guess on the QB INTs is Kizer or McDonald

Second Chance Saloon.    Here are the questions still unanswered, about half.  Try again.  

4. A.  Who has the Browns record for most passing yards in a game, regular season?

6. Who (QB) has the Browns record for having thrown the most interceptions in a season?

8.  Who holds the Browns record for throwing the most TD passes in a game?

10. Two players hold the Browns record for most catches in a game.  Name them.

11. Who holds the Browns record for the most receiving yards in a game?

13. The NFL/AFL record for most rushing TDs in a game is 5...held by 5 players.  One of them is a Cleveland Brown.  Name him.

14. Who holds the Browns record for most TD catches in a game.  1 player, name him

Hints:  don't overthink some of these.  Four of the names still needed are HOF.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Second Chance Saloon.    Here are the questions still unanswered, about half.  Try again.  

4. A.  Who has the Browns record for most passing yards in a game, regular season?

6. Who (QB) has the Browns record for having thrown the most interceptions in a season?

8.  Who holds the Browns record for throwing the most TD passes in a game?

10. Two players hold the Browns record for most catches in a game.  Name them.

11. Who holds the Browns record for the most receiving yards in a game?

13. The NFL/AFL record for most rushing TDs in a game is 5...held by 5 players.  One of them is a Cleveland Brown.  Name him.

14. Who holds the Browns record for most TD catches in a game.  1 player, name him

Hints:  don't overthink some of these.  Four of the names still needed are HOF.

13. Jim Brown

I want to take a guess at some other answers but I'm busy right now

Answers:

Nick Chubb, 92 yards with his freshly minted record.

Jim Brown 1863 yards in 1963.  In fact  JB holds the top 6 spots in most rushing yards in a season.

Jerome Harrison 286 yards  in 2009 vs. Chiefs.   This mark is the third highest in NFL history.

Josh McCown with 457 yards just a few seasons ago.

Bernie Kosar with his 489 yards vs. Jets in 1986.    Of course, it took him 2 OTs to get that much.

Brian Sipe with 30 in 1980

Brian Sipe 26 in  1979    (people now do not understand that a 1:1  TD/Int. ratio was pretty common back in that era)

Otto Graham and Jeff Garcia

Otto Graham  in Oct.  1949   (NFL record is 7)

Colt McCoy with 40 completions in a game in Oct.  2011

Ozzie Newsome  in 1984;   Josh Gordon in 2013

Josh Gordon  261 yards in 2013

Mac Speedie and Andre Davis

Jim Brown. 1959 vs. Colts

Dante Lavelli,   1949

Dub Jones   (fyi, father of Colts QB Bert Jones)

Gale Sayers

6 minutes ago, ATOM said:

o.k for shits and giggles 

The Browns converted the very first 2 point conversion but against what team ?

PLEASE tell me it was the Steelers?

MIke

26 minutes ago, ATOM said:

o.k for shits and giggles 

The Browns converted the very first 2 point conversion but against what team ?

I don’t remember who was against but I remember who made it it was time to pay Tom Two point Tupa.  And I think it was against the Bears

Archived