THE BROWNS BOARD

Hueless to join Bungles

Canton Dawg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:48 AM, The Gipper said:

I thought he was the black uncle fester not the black Barney Fife. And by the way the Browns get to beat the Sheet out of the Bengals twice not just once 

Rumors out of Cincy are that if the bengals lose to the browns twice Hue was gonna jump in the Ohio River.

19 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Rampage to 3-36-1 Booyah!!!  

Hue is a fine example that yes.. there is actually a human being like Hue.. That despite the delusional world he lives in.. Still meander blindlessly .. and land in the Jungle with a $hit eating grin... And all after he went on his little Rona Barrett/Rex Reed tell all circus tour.. Still dropping people under the bus , along the way... Amazing that such a nice man can be such a snake to people... Yet stare at the camera.. And act's like he does.... I would personally love to take a dump in his cheerios..... He's just a sleaze ball in the end.. He didnt coach the team or have any interest in developing anyone and that to me. Is troubling.. I remember when he came here and I was willing to be on board with this whacko.. I thought.. ok finally.. A real QB room coming... Not til Baker showed up...But even buddy boy wasn't enough to save Hue.... Finally.. "The ground started to move"

Serious question:  How  does a guy like this last so long in the NFL with a "good" reputation to the point where everyone wanted to hire him (that was looking) as a head coach the year we got him?  Is NFL coaching really just a bunch of guys whose goal is to stay employed in the league where developing a team's talent and abilities to the point where they can make the playoffs and potentially the Super Bowl is not necessarily the only or even most desired tactic to achieving said goal?  Hue was the same guy at all his other stops.  That Hue could behave the way he did in Cleveland, never make ANY attempt to change his ways no matter how poor our record was, still expect to immediately get hired AFTER being fired, and the actually immediately GET hired right after he GOT fired, really makes you wonder.

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Is he still getting paid by  the Browns?

I know my way around the financial sites especially sports sites -but- could not really find any concrete stuff about Mr Huey.....except he is well off now with a net worth of over $1 million.

But he's not a union scale player with published wages and all of that stuff. 

A combination of the Browns playing Cinci 2x late in a season with Hues inside knowledge along with Marvin throwing whatever he can on the wall to save his own job.  

Thankfully Coach Platitudes is now in Cinci... See this article full of them:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/11/16/can-cincinnati-bengals-staff-control-chaos-baltimore-ravens-marvin-lewis-hue-jackson-nfl/2025940002/

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Is he still getting paid by  the Browns?

depends if any 'pending off-set language' was included in Hue's browns contact.This from Brinson tells me none was...per CBS Will Brinson, i read 4 days ago..."Hue won't be able to get full value of his contract from the browns if Hue takes an OC job or 'some other actual coaching title' in 2018.If Hue serves as a 'consultant' for other teams through his deal, Hue can double dip in terms of salary".

2 hours ago, onkyoreceiver said:

Serious question:  How  does a guy like this last so long in the NFL with a "good" reputation to the point where everyone wanted to hire him (that was looking) as a head coach the year we got him?  Is NFL coaching really just a bunch of guys whose goal is to stay employed in the league where developing a team's talent and abilities to the point where they can make the playoffs and potentially the Super Bowl is not necessarily the only or even most desired tactic to achieving said goal?  Hue was the same guy at all his other stops.  That Hue could behave the way he did in Cleveland, never make ANY attempt to change his ways no matter how poor our record was, still expect to immediately get hired AFTER being fired, and the actually immediately GET hired right after he GOT fired, really makes you wonder.

There were some games he looked like a genius calling plays for Cincy. During Hard Knocks l surmised that he had “good cop syndrome”.

As an OC in Cincy he could probably pull that off having stern faced Marvin around to play the bad cop. I just don’t think you can live in that role as a HC. I thought maybe he could pull it off here because both Haley and Williams seemed to be capable bad cops, but nah. I just think he’s terribly uncomfortable as a “buck stops here authoritarian”, and it will prevent him from being a good HC.

That said, once the burden of HC is removed, if he can go back to being the fun loving guy everybody likes who draws up great plays, well there’s 32 of those jobs too, so there is a place for that in the game.

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

depends if any 'pending off-set language' was included in Hue's browns contact.This from Brinson tells me none was...per CBS Will Brinson, i read 4 days ago..."Hue won't be able to get full value of his contract from the browns if Hue takes an OC job or 'some other actual coaching title' in 2018.If Hue serves as a 'consultant' for other teams through his deal, Hue can double dip in terms of salary".

Yes the teams are indeed getting stingy with releasing any financial information that they don't have to do.  https://www.boydsbets.com/highest-paid-coaches-nfl/

....... Most NFL coach salaries aren’t officially disclosed. However, there are sources that report approximate contracts when at all possible.  Normally this is the home town newspapers, but I’ve also found data on Forbes before.

Using the information that is available, we came up with the approximate salaries below. We simply took the number of years divided by the size of the reported 

Sean Payton and Pete Carroll are listed with biggest contracts. Both making approximately $8,000,000 million a year.

Most names at the top of the list have incentives and other perks built into their compensation. So while the salaries vary, the top guys typically make around the same amount.

Unfortunately teams are getting more stingy with releasing the details of the contracts. No information is available for any of the new head coaches from last year. Same thing for the recent new hires following the 2016 regular-season. We will keep checking and update this page whenever new info becomes available.......

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

"And the vibe was, this thing is sinking  ship." Clueless Hueless just could not do the job. So a RB coach takes over and shows him in 3 games what he had 3 years to get right.

After listening to Ian, ditto it was Clueless Hueless I got my system, and I'll pound square pegs into round holes to make it work. Ya can't fool Fouts- he's seen everything. 

Well, he's not our problem anymore Cinci- and I thank the guy who came up with this gem- it's Huey, Lewis and the Mews.   :D 

24 minutes ago, hoorta said:

After listening to Ian, ditto it was Clueless Hueless I got my system, and I'll pound square pegs into round holes to make it work. Ya can't fool Fouts- he's seen everything. 

Well, he's not our problem anymore Cinci- and I thank the guy who came up with this gem- it's Huey, Lewis and the Mews.   :D 

Exactly.   Fouts knows a thing or two about offense and the fact that Hue couldn't or didn't answer that question tells us all we need to know about Huey cueball.  

He's clearly got pictures of Mike Brown doing something with someone he should be otherwise why would anyone hire this assclown?

7 hours ago, Mark O said:

Exactly.   Fouts knows a thing or two about offense and the fact that Hue couldn't or didn't answer that question tells us all we need to know about Huey cueball.  

He's clearly got pictures of Mike Brown doing something with someone he should be otherwise why would anyone hire this assclown?

And if you’re wrong, then my theory holds water. Mike Brown is just an idiot. No pictures or blackmail here. Just plain ole stoooopid!

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

That’s with a stink thumbed ginger QB singing I Need A New Thug

Big takeaway for me was not Hue's understanding, or lack of understanding, of the RPO, but the fact that he was not in control of his offense. That was the dysfunction he revealed in his answer.

44 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Big takeaway for me was not Hue's understanding, or lack of understanding, of the RPO, but the fact that he was not in control of his offense. That was the dysfunction he revealed in his answer.

So...you think that if he was in control, it would have been oh so much better?  Likely worse.....just like the last two years.  The Browns still won 2 games with Haley at OC....double what they won when Hue was "in control".

Archived